PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Visit

DrinkofWtr
08-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Just an update. Went to my Dr. on Tuesday. Looks like my blood pressure is finally under control after all these months. He took a culture of the sores that are on my back to see what antibiotic will work to clear them up. These sores have been plaguing me for a while. They are so unsightly! Also he wants me to perform an experiment to see if a certain medication will help me when I get motion sickness. Then he said he will put me through a battery of tests to try and figure out why I get vertigo. He said it is hard to figure out why a person has it.

Saysusie
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi DrinkofWater:
I am glad to hear that your blood pressure is finally under control. That is very good news. It sounds as if he is being very aggressive and is willing to do what he can to resolve your issues and prescribe treatment. Motion sickness is very individual and can take some time to sort out. I wish you the best and I hope that you continue to feel better and your doctor continues to work for you in that direction!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
WOO HOO to THAT!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!:fing02::excited::friday::049: Im so happy to hear that good news!!!

Danica01
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I have such high blood pressure, so, I understand that it can be really hard to deal with!!!!!! I am so happy it is going much better for you!!!!! I also had vertigo and it is a tough one but I did get some medicine that worked for me and it eventually went away. I will cross my fingers that this happens for you too!!!!!! Hang in their :veryhappy: I am sending you healing thoughts for your ouchies on your back and lots of gentle hugs to keep you safe over the next few weeks :hug:

abbasgirl
08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah about the blood pressure!!! That's great news!!

I hope the meds help you. This doctor sounds wonderful!

DrinkofWtr
08-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Dear Abbasgirl and Others,

I just have so many problems with the Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Vertigo, the Yeast Connection, Hypoglycemia, High Blood Pressure, etc. that solving one problem or getting it under control seems like a drop in the bucket. Now I am having problems with mucous colitis. I haven't even brought up that issue yet with my Dr. and have just suffered with it up until now. The stomach cramps get pretty violent, sometimes. Like all of you, I just keep plodding on. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you wonderful people that are so thoughtful, encouraging, and inspirational.

abbasgirl
08-12-2009, 10:48 AM
You're an important part of this supportive group too. ((((Hugs))))

I hear ya... that drop in the bucket feeling stinks but sometimes any progress in something is so sweet! When are you going to see the doc about it? Do you think if you call they could call something in for you to take till you see him again? That's an awful problem. I've got ibs and it's one of the big problems on my list I would love to lose. I'm taking Questran light for it for now and I don't like it. Got an appt with a GI doc in sept. for my swallowing problems but I intend on asking for something better for the ibs. The questran works pretty good for that problem but I'm already a dry person (pcp suspects sjogren's) so it makes other symptoms I have worse. I've tried a lot of pills for it... one of the pills made it worse surprisingly.

(((((more hugs)))))

lucky7
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
You are in my THOUGHTS and my HEART Drinkofwtr:cute: We are HERE for YOU!!!!!! Ill do my "MAke Drinkofwtr feel BETTER" dance and maybe that will work!!!!:banana::dance::653: I decided to really BUST A MOVE and i broke out all of my dances for you!!! LOL Seriously though, please take care of yourself the BEST YOU CAN. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ButterflyRN
08-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Hope your tummy feels better soon....there's nothing like tummy discomfort! Glad that your blood pressure is down! Hope that you are feeling well today!

DrinkofWtr
08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Dear Abbasgirl and others:

I had an appointment scheduled for today, but had to cancel it. I am seeing him again on 25 August. I bring up the subject then. I know I should be happy for the progress I had on the blood pressure issue and I am. Sorry I sounded so ungrateful.

DrinkofWtr
08-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Lucky7,

You will have to dance for me for a little while because my left leg is giving me problems. The knee is so stiff and uncomfortable. I have been elevating it and staying off it as much as I can the last few days (history of blood clots). I hope it gets better soon because I really want to go the the fair.

DrinkofWtr
08-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Unfortunately, never got to go to the fair because of the leg acting up. Too much walking for it. Well, there is always next year.

Angel Oliver
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh im sorry to hear that.Yes next year will be better and a bigger fair just for you.You keep resting and hope you ease up soon.

Love Amanda.xxxxxx

ButterflyRN
08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Drink of water I missed my fair too! We'll go together next year since we both missed it this year! I hope your leg starts feeling better soon too!

abbasgirl
08-20-2009, 09:23 AM
So sorry you missed the fair...both you and Butterfly. That stinks. But Butterfly is right, there's always next year. (((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))