PDA

View Full Version : Off to do Gramma Duty

magistramarla
08-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi everyone,
We'll be leaving soon to head for Ft. Worth. We're taking David for the week, and tomorrow we'll add Kayla and Kyle to the car (and DaVinci the dog!). We'll all spend a few days in Little Rock, visiting with Meg (preggers) and Tyler. This will be the first long trip for us in our new Prius.
The first six hours should be fun. We're taking Gizmo the cat to Kayla's house. Zoe the black Lab left for her new home in the country yesterday.
Kayla, Mike and Kyle are going to be moving, too. Mike is in Boulder, Colorado right now, where he was just offered a job. He's also house-hunting for them. Poor Gizmo - he'll just get over the shock of leaving our house, and then the kids will pack him up for another move! I've never been to Colorado, so I'm looking forward to visiting them there.
Next Saturday will be jam-packed. We'll be back in Ft. Worth for Kyle's 4th birthday party from 10-noon. Then we'll hurry back to San Antonio to catch the end of David's swim team awards picnic. With our kids and grandkids, there is always something going on!
We're on our own countdown, too. Exactly one month before we leave for our new life in California!
Wish me luck, I'll be taking my MTX injection on the road tomorrow. I decided to take it 12 hours early, just before we leave Kayla's house in the morning. That way, I can feel yucky and sleepy during the 5 hour car ride, and then sleep well when we get to the motel near the AFB. Hopefully, I'll be feeling much better on Monday, so I'll feel like visiting. Tyler's grandparents live near the base, and his Mom and three sisters are at Grandma's right now, so we'll see LOTS of people in Arkansas. Mike's huge family is in Ft. Worth, so we'll also see LOTS of people at Kyle's party. I'll need lots of luck.
I wish everyone a pain-free week, especially you meth-heads! I'll be back here next Sunday. "See" you then.
Hugs all around,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh how lovely for you.Goodluck on your journey and have a lovely time and enjoy yourself.Hope you feel ok too.

Love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxx

lucky7
08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
AWWWWW, you enjoy your time away and HAVE FUN!!!!!! :yes:

SandyR
08-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Marla,
Wow! Sounds like you have afun and busy schedule ahead of you. I almost feel like I need a coffee and a roadmap to chart out your plans! :) Hope you have a great time with the grandkids and grandpups and all!
Sandy

ButterflyRN
08-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Have a great trip! It sure sounds like you will be busy busy busy!

magistramarla
08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Everyone!
I missed you all. We had quite a trip.
Day 1 - Drove from SA to Ft. Worth with David and Gizmo, the cat. They were great travelers. We spent the night at Kayla's, since Mike was in Colorado.
Day 2 - Drove to Little Rock AFB with David & Kyle, Kayla and DaVinci, the Bulldog. DaVinci is a great traveler. Kyle is not. I had my MTX injection that morning - fun!
Days 2 & 3 - Stayed in a lovely suite on the base, and visited with Meghan & Tyler. Meg is 4 1/2 months pregnant, but that baby is already kicking her like crazy. I could even see her tummy moving! She's going to be miserable in a few months. Uncle Tyler took David to the flightline and let him sit in the cockpit of a plane that he was working on, so David has a new hero.
Day 4 - Drove back to Ft. Worth. Mike got a job in Denver, so the kids are going to be moving in the next couple of weeks! We got a lovely small suite at the Ft. Worth Naval Air Station, overlooking Lake Worth - so beautiful!
Days 5 & 6 - Helped Kayla get ready for Kyle's birthday party while she went to work (teaching preschool) and kept the boys out of Mike's hair. We did lots of kid-friendly stuff, including being subjected to a meal at Chucky-Cheese. Some things, Grandparents just should never be subjected to!
Day 7 - Kyle had a blow-out 4th birthday party in the back yard. He had lots of relatives and friends from his preschool. They swam in a kiddie pool, played games, etc. David and another older kid set up a table and helped the young ones to put on temporary tattoos. Then David took charge of the CD player and a toy microphone and became D. Whitty - The Master DJ. What fun they all had!
We had a blessedly quiet drive back to SA with only David in the back seat. We took him straight to the pool for his end-of-season pool party and awards ceremony. Hillary & Steve met us there, and then we had a late dinner together. Jeff & I fell into bed last night.
Now we're back to getting our house ready for the renters and us ready to move!
The excitement just never ends.
Hugs to all,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Oh Marla,

You've had a fab time im so happy.Ahhhh little baby kicking already,the birthday party and now getting ready to rent your home for your new beginning just so lovely to read.Glad you are home and you so deserved the trip.

Welcome home!
Love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxx

Danica01
08-10-2009, 08:37 AM
I went through Little Rock too!!!!!!! I bet we passed each other on our adventures :veryhappy: I am so happy you had an amazing time and that you made it home safely! Road trips are so much fun and it is the best way to travel. We got home yesterday afternoon and already I am wishing we were back on the road again. I did get to see my best friend in Tulsa and I miss her more than anything today!

Good luck with getting everything together for the big move and I wish I could be there to help. Rest when you need to and keep going when you can. I can not wait to hear how you like California.......who knows, maybe I will be right behind you:hug:

SandyR
08-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Marla,
It sounds like you had a marvelous time! Can't wait to see some pics.
Sandy