PDA

View Full Version : Some strange new symptoms? Help

snewberry
07-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Hello. I am new here. I already posted in the new member section

Just for some background. I have kept a journal of my symptoms when I flair and they go in a specific order. Joint pain is constant though. First my hands break out in these bumps. Then turn into dry pathches. Then the headaches hit, confusion, I get these electric shocks through my arms constantly, like someone is hitting my funny bone over and over, very sensitive to the sun. I do not have a doctor right now because I left my job. My husband has insurance now so I will be joining his. But in the meantime I was hoping someone could let me know if they have this.

For about the last 6 months I have had these wird sensations in my feet. Like a heater is blowing on them, but from the inside. Doesnt last long, but happenes throughout the day. So that hasnt happened in a while, but now something REALLY annoying! I have this spot on my inner left thigh. periodically I get this heat sensation. Like a flash and then it is gone. It is not warm to the touch. I can decribe it like having a baby on your lap and thier diaper leaks, you feel the warmth going down, and then it cools. LOL I have 5 kids...so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. It will probibly be a month before I see my doctor again. Thanks!

debbie-b
08-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Hello. I am new here. I already posted in the new member section

Just for some background. I have kept a journal of my symptoms when I flair and they go in a specific order. Joint pain is constant though. First my hands break out in these bumps. Then turn into dry pathches. Then the headaches hit, confusion, I get these electric shocks through my arms constantly, like someone is hitting my funny bone over and over, very sensitive to the sun. I do not have a doctor right now because I left my job. My husband has insurance now so I will be joining his. But in the meantime I was hoping someone could let me know if they have this.

For about the last 6 months I have had these wird sensations in my feet. Like a heater is blowing on them, but from the inside. Doesnt last long, but happenes throughout the day. So that hasnt happened in a while, but now something REALLY annoying! I have this spot on my inner left thigh. periodically I get this heat sensation. Like a flash and then it is gone. It is not warm to the touch. I can decribe it like having a baby on your lap and thier diaper leaks, you feel the warmth going down, and then it cools. LOL I have 5 kids...so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. It will probibly be a month before I see my doctor again. Thanks!

First, welcome to your new second home. I think you will like it here.
Some of the weird things, you feel, I get as well. I have shock like feeling in my arm and hand, also a buzzing like feeling in my feet.
Do you have a diagnosis? I have lupus SLE, RA and fibro.
I hope you can get to the doc soon and see what he has to say.

Debbie

narrowboatnutter
08-01-2009, 08:42 AM
hello!!! welcome to the forum...i get something like that, but in my hands and arms, and sometime down my back....i dont have lupus but something very silimar to lupus, but i think all autoimmunes are pretty much the same when you get them on our level...

you need to see a doctor about it, there are many reasons that could be causing the werid sensations you are having, and trying to self diagnose can be risky....try not to worry about it, take each day as it comes, ill pray for you to have peace and feel better...but only a doc can really say what it is, and thats who you need to see as soon as possible....lots of love n/b/n

snewberry
08-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Thank you so much for the welcome! Yes I know I need to get back to my Doc asap. I will see him as soon as my new insurance kicks in. I know the dangers of self diagnosing. This is just a brand new symptom and I was curious if it was lupus related, or if anyone had the same symptom. It is driving me crazy! LOL But I pretty much answered my own question today. At this point my knees are on fire from the inside and are starting to swell, so it looks like Im in for it. Just taking it as easy as a mom of 5 boys can, renovating an entire house! LOL What do ya do? Cant stop living right? I look forward to getting to know you all.

lucky7
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM
WELCOME and WOW!!! 5 BOYS!!! My hat off to you!!!! I have a boy and a girl and that keeps me on my toes!!!

You have every symptom i have at one point or another with my flares. I also have many many more. I hope you dont have to add to your list BUT if it is LUPUS then you will sadly to say. BUT you have US here for you and you will LOVE your second family!!!!!:yes: PLEASE get to the dr ASAP and im happy to hear you are staying on top of your symptoms, that is so important. Pay attention to EVERYTHING you eat, smell and feel...... it ALL makes a difference. I had smoke blow in my face today from the grill and BAM i flared SO BAD that i was knocked out for about 1 hour from it. Everything matters with this illness. GOOD LUCK and im glad you found us!!!:cute:

snewberry
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
WELCOME and WOW!!! 5 BOYS!!! My hat off to you!!!! I have a boy and a girl and that keeps me on my toes!!!

You have every symptom i have at one point or another with my flares. I also have many many more. I hope you dont have to add to your list BUT if it is LUPUS then you will sadly to say. BUT you have US here for you and you will LOVE your second family!!!!!:yes: PLEASE get to the dr ASAP and im happy to hear you are staying on top of your symptoms, that is so important. Pay attention to EVERYTHING you eat, smell and feel...... it ALL makes a difference. I had smoke blow in my face today from the grill and BAM i flared SO BAD that i was knocked out for about 1 hour from it. Everything matters with this illness. GOOD LUCK and im glad you found us!!!:cute:

Thanks for the welcome! Yes many more symptoms, the foggy brain is rather annoying....what was I doing? LOL

lucky7
08-03-2009, 06:44 PM
LOl At least we can joke though right!!!!! Good for you!!! Laughter is the BEST MEDICINE!!!!!:laugh: ALthough i understand when we ARENT in the MOOD to laugh as well. I can have those moods at times and i want to scream:aargh4: instead of laugh! Thats the life of LUPUS! Shoot thats the life of a woman without LUPUS too!! LOL Our rageing hormones from the start of our periods to the end of menopause! :devil3: Hey, were only human right?!:cute:

crmj1183
08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Snewberry,

Im sorry that you are going through this, Im sorry I dont have those symptoms but hopefully you can get to the doctor soon to see whats really going on, you are in my thoughts.

Chriss, stay well