PDA

View Full Version : unusual experience

dassar RN
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone,
I had the most unusual experience with this whole lupus illness. This morning I woke up to the most pounding headache to the left side of my head. The headache was so piercing and pulsating, throbbing feeling to the left eye. It felt as if the pressure within my eye was building up and something "sticking" inside my eye. I applied a cold compress across my eye and to my forehead and remained in bed for awhile. It was very frightening, I have had nasty headaches before but not like this. It has not happened again since this morning but it was scary:cry3:

Has anyone ever had something similar to this? every time I think that I have conquered one aspect of this illness something else comes up. I feel soooooo frustrated.:hissyfit:

I hate venting like this but I have just decided to get a lot of rest today and hope that each day gets better.

Dassar RN:wacko:

Angel Oliver
07-31-2009, 04:32 PM
OUCH! oh im sorry you felt such pain and hope it has eased up a little now.I have experienced this...like my eyeball was gonna pop out n fly across the room,so painful.Recently i had that,but it turned into a migraine typed headache,flashing lights in the corner of the left eye,but i seem to loose vision in the centre..was scary. I dont get the flashing lights often,but the massive headache you had yes. You need to tell your doctor and he may be able to help with meds for relief for you.Hope its eased n doesnt happen again for you anytime soon.Thinking of you.

love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxxxx

Rastagirl
07-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds exactly like what happens to me when I'm getting a bad migraine. The pain in the eye...like something's in there. I have to stay lying down and keep my eyes completely closed for awhile. Anytime I have a migraine, I can feel my pulse pounding in my eyes. Like it's right behind the eye.

If it doesn't ease up soon, you should probably give your doctor a call. Also, do you have a way to check your blood pressure at home? In the past, when my pressure was sky high, I would get the pounding pulse feeling in my eye with the terrible headache.

Take it easy today and hope you're feeling better soon.

:cool2: Lori

Sandra
07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Me too, headaches I mean. for the past 2 weeks I've been battleing pain and inflammation in my neck and head, so much so that i can't seem to lay down, have to try sleep sitting up. One night I was just so tired that I lay down anyway headache and all and finally slept but when I woke up the next morning the headache was still there and the neck pain but something new was added....when I looked in the mirror my left eye was completely bloody and red. I guess a vessel had broke reall attractive I must say for about 3 days. Called my opthamologist because of the plaquenil but he assured me that a blood vessel issue was not a concern re plaquenil and my vision. But i swear it must have happened from the inflammation and pain in my head and eyes. I had been medicating with tylenol, tylenol 3 and advil (at different times) throught the 2 weeks hoping that I could get some relief so it could have been the meds too. Sorry to hear of your ordeal, isn't it just terrible when the pain attacks your head???!!! I always say if I can just keep it from my neck down.....hope you are feeling better. Sandra

jcg196
07-31-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi Dassar RN,

Yes I get terrible migraines with my lupus. I had one for four days so I had to go to the ER (but of course all they do is pump u full of drugs that they won't let u take home)

You should see someone if u keep getting them. I take Topomax daily to help prevent them and I dont get them as often. Also I am thinking about getting off birth control. Just incase I have a migraine I also have Axert and Maltmax.

There is also home remedies you could try like taking ginger root or drinking decaffinated green tea. And applying cold compresses to your neck and staying in a dark room. Being dehydrated and also lack of magnesium in ur diet can cause migraines as well.

I hope this info helps and I hope you don't have another one!

givealittlelove
07-31-2009, 10:56 PM
I hear you..I literally just saw a neurologist..are you ready for this..for the past seven months every day inflammation in my neck front and back eye problems (I'm on no medications I'm not dx yet!) stiffness in my neck numbness all over my face and still have it and can't explain it! for 4 to 6 days straight I would get these migraines or headaches whatever you would want to call it and would only get 1 to 2 days of rest from them for SEVEN MONTHS and were talking pain like a scale of 1 to 10 a 9 to 10! nothing helped so I lived with it like it was daily life just like the joint pain the inflammation just like everyone else here just with these headaches..topamax 200mg daily to prevent headaches.. imitrex 100mg when you feel a headache coming on..it has to do with the raynaud's syndrome my doctor told me and he said if my doctor ever wants to finally "grow a pair" :-) and diagnose me it can be linked to lupus so talk to your doctor :) feel better! and get into a dark room and fast!!!!!..

kim,l
08-01-2009, 12:54 AM
yes i have had these headaches that just keep on pounding and the light makes it worse had to darken room i am so sorry you are feeling this and i hope they go away if they continue please see your doctor i agree with the others get your blood pressure checked and get pain killers if you need them hope you feel better soon . kiml

snewberry
08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I also suffer from migraines. Not the stickyness though. It is my right eye. It feels like it belongs to someone else! I see spots, and it feels like it moves differently. Wierd. Sorry to hear about your headache. It is so hard to function like that.

lucky7
08-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, ive never had migrains before LUPUS. Boy do i now though! UGH! IT hurts! As a matter of fact i had a bad one today. I honestly thought my head was going to EXPLODE! :angry-explosion: It was the worst one ive felt so far. Then some sharp pains followed. OUCH Sorry you too are having to deal with this issue:no: xxxxxxxxx

justomegirlindallas
08-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Just as a precaution - make an eye appointment to get your eyes checked for Glaucoma

dassar RN
08-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks to everyone for your responses. It is good to know that I am not alone!!!

Dassar RN:cute: