PDA

View Full Version : new to this glad I found someone to talk to

nonnie.g
08-04-2005, 11:03 PM
HI I am Nonnie I have been diagnosed with SLE and RA for about
a year I am still just as sick as I was a year ago I have ALOT of pain in
joints and muscles and have had some problems with siezures
I have had to quit my job I know that I have great docs but I am feeling
like a hypochondriac since none of my friends or family have even heard of this ilness.
I feel like I am coping pretty good but I sure am glad that I found this site so that someone will understand what in the world I am talking about.

Nonnie :)

hippimom2
08-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Welcome Nonnie. I think you will find this site to be helpful to you. I have been sick for almost 2 years and although I have had some good days here and there, my disease keeps progressing and I often feel very sick. I know what you mean about others not understanding this disease. There is a great wesite: www.butyoudontlooksick.com and the author has a great way of explaining lupus to people who don't understand what it is like. Read the author's Spoon Theory. I have copied it and have given it to my family and friends so they can better understand what I am going through.

Take care of yourself and I hope you can get some relief soon.

nonnie.g
08-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Thank you so much for the welcome and the link
I am sure that this will be a big help to me also.
I really think it helps just to have someone to talk to.

Nonnie

Chrislupuslady
08-05-2005, 08:51 AM
hello just wanted to welcome you to the site...i am new too x x

hatlady
08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Nonnie, welcome!

The spoon theory is great - I recommend it to everyone as well!

www.lupus.org is also a great site - it tells a lot, and you can learn a lot there. This site is great, as are others like it. Having others who understand what the heck you're talking about and who can really relate is so wonderful!

work with your doc about the pain. if you're not happy with the various pain killers, consider some alternative therapies - with your doc's approval of course! I take a teaspoon of turmeric plus 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed every day. Also fish oil. All work well to reduce inflamation - and inflamation equals pain. It has worked well for me, I also get a theraputic massage regularly.

I hope you'll join in often. We're all in this together!