PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Clinic

stephlovespeter_xo
07-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your help and guidance:laugh: It has helped me so much throughout these past few days. So, just a quick update. I saw the cardiologist 2 days ago that I did not feel the need to see. Boy, am I forever grateful that I didn't cancel that appointment. This doctor is my blessing in disguise. For the first time in a very long time, I didn't feel that this was all in my head, or that he didn't care about my well being - it was the complete opposite; I finally feel like we're getting somewhere! He was the first doctor that took the time to listen to everything i had to say, looked at me and said the words that I have been wanting to here for so very long now. "I know there is something wrong with you, I just don't know what it is quite yet, but we're going to figure it out" I had an ECG done that day, I had another echocardiogram done yesterday, I have a heart monitor being put on tomorrow and another one on Sunday for 2 weeks. He also sent me for every bloodwork imaginable and urine retested for epinephrine in my urine (that could indicate a hormone secreting tumor in my body). I am so thankful. I have also talked to my parents about possibly visiting the Mayo Clinic. Any thoughts on that idea? Or should I just stick to my doctor here for now...
I'm curious to know, did any of you experience high blood pressure or a rapid heart rate? I'm on 180mg of blood pressure medication to control mine...
The last couple days have been so draining, I am so exhausted.. At points it's a struggle to even want to get up to close my bedroom door. I don't know if it's because I've been doing a lot, or if it's part of the Lupus. I am going to try and sit out in the pool today so that I get the butterfly rash, that way I can go and get my ANA tested today.

I hope everyone is doing well, and kicking their lupus in the butt! Today, and everyday!!

crmj1183
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
hi stephlovespeter,

I actually had tachycardia (fast heart rate) and high blood pressure, Ive been on blood pressure meds for 6 yrs. I was hospitalized back in 2007, they couldnt really diagnose me ny body was going bonkers. I had high blood pressure, fast heart beat, fevers, overactive thyroid and to more complicate things I take prednisone (steroids) so it was hard to diagnose me, steroids cover everything up. They ended up diagnosing me as a Lupus Flare. I still dont think they found out what was wrong with me. I heard the Mayo Clinic is VERY GOOD. You are so funny..... You said you were gonna go out and sit by the pool to get a malar rash so you could go and get an ana test today, lol, lol,. They arent sure if you have lupus or not? I hope with all my heart you dont. Stay strong and yes Im kicking lupus's ass!!!

today and forever!!!!!!!!!!!
Chriss