PDA

View Full Version : One month

Jerzi
07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Today is the one month anniversary of this damn flare I've found my self trapped in. Last week I seriously felt like I was starting to do better. My appetite returned a little, I was able to get up off the couch and do things. I even managed to go out and see people. There were still a few symptoms trying to haul me back down, but I was so sure I was coming out of it. Then when I woke up yesterday, I noticed my condition declined a little. Woke up this morning to find myself back below square one.

Once again my body feels like a trains collided with it, my joints are stiff, the veins in my hands are protruding (is that even normal!?), my head is pounding, I'm dizzier than a kitten than just stumbled off a tilt-a-whirl and I'm exhibiting the lovely malar rash. I can't even get in to see my rheum as my previous one just moved away and the new one I've been set up with keeps cancelling my appointments. I've been trying to get in for about four weeks now to get checked out and she keeps cancelling my appointments.

I think I've officially reached the end of my rope. I don't want to do this anymore... I can't do this anymore. I'm a weak person. This isn't something I can handle anymore..

I don't know how anyone can do this over, and over, and over, and over perpetually. It's frustrating, exhausting, and draining.

SandyR
07-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Jerzi,
How are you today?
I saw your post tonight and can really feel for you. My last flare was over a month long too. Didn't have a rheumy at the time. It was impossible to get in as a new patient with a flare. Everone said go to the ER. I didn't want to. Finally, I did. Going to the ER was what got me into the 1st rheumy immediately since I was able to say "The doctor at the ER wanted me to see a rheumy ASAP since he thinks I am having a bad flare due to and AI issue" Opened alot of doors that seemed closed to me. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat or cry or vent.
Sandy

ButterflyRN
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree with Sandy! Go to the ER if you are in need of seeing someone! I would look for another rheumy too if this one continues to cancel your appointments.

I know this is such a rough ride with the ups and downs of this disease....and it's hard to be strong. But you can get through this. Know that we are here for you and if you need to don't be afraid to talk to someone professionally. There is nothing wrong with that....I've been considering it lately myself.

Please feel free to PM me anytime if you need to to talk !

Feel better!

crmj1183
07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Jerzi,

I know its tough but things will get better. We all feel like this when when we are going through a flare. I am concerned about you getting another doctor, what the heck is her problem, thats just unheard of, cancelling over and over again??? Very unprofessional. I know its hard right now but you gotta stay strong, and you are strong. Sandyr gave you some excellent advice.... er, Ive gone there many of days and nights. Sometimes its the only way we can get immediate attention.

Chriss

Angel Oliver
07-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Jerzi,

We are all gathering around you to support you through this horrid flare.It will ease at some point so try n be strong a little longer.Also,how dare the doctor cancel.Call n get an URGENT appointment if not you need a new doctor or you need the E R for help.Hope you have meds to help.We are all here.Post when you can.

love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxxxx

SandyR
07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Jerzi,

Just wondering how you are today and if you made it to the doc/ER?

mountaindreamer
08-02-2009, 02:12 PM
hi jerzi,

i too am concerned about a dr. that continues to cancel appointments....i have never heard of such a thing. could you call her on Monday and explain to the receptionist just how bad your flare is, and see if they can work you in....if you don't feel right about calling this dr., then maybe it is time to look for another.

how long have you been on Plaquenil? It can take up to 5 months for this med to work.

I also agree, if your pain is unbearable, and you can not get into the dr., then maybe you should go to the er, tell them of your pain level, tell them dr. keeps cancelling appointments, and tell them you need for them to get you some relief....hopefully they can help you.

I have had several flares that lasted for over a month.....you do reach a point where you just know that you can't continue....then you get some relief, and you regain your strength. Don't give up.

Please remember we are here and ready to stand by your side as you face each day.