PDA

View Full Version : My Worst Day Ever

rob
07-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Today, was one of the worst days I think I've ever had, I started this morning when I suddenly had a bright flash of light in my right eye followed by some of the most unbearable pain I've ever had. My jaw and right side of my head and ear felt like they were on fire. Like electric shock and terrible pressure in my head. It went down into my right arm and I could feeli it in my right leg. It all came on suddenly and I ended up on the floor kinda holding my head and I got the shakes.

I know what it is. It's CNS problems caused by MS. I ended up throwing up while trying to crawl to the bathroom. Tonight I can barely think or see straight. The pain let up after about 5 or 6 hours. I've never felt anything as bad as this, it was unbearable. I got my phone and called my sister. She came over to help, and was going to take me the ER when suddenly the pain just stopped as fast as it started. She called my neuro and made an appointment in the morning. I don't want it to happen again. I'm so tired. I'll do anything to jut not have another episode like this again. Nuero is going to do an MRI to see whats going on. I fear the MS is progressing. I've lost much of the sensation in my feet. The skin is numb. I'm going to try to sleep. I'll say hello after my appt. tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a good night . I'll say hello later.

rob

Rastagirl
07-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh Rob...

I'm so, so sorry. What an awful thing to go through. My heart just aches for you. Take it easy and hope you can rest tonight, and get to your doctor tomorrow.

Let us know what's up when you feel up to it .....please don't over do.

Love and Gentle Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

Danica01
07-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Oh my Rob! Thinking of you on the floor helpless upsets me so much! I don't want this to happen again and if it does I want you to go into the er. At least they will be able to ease the pain when you are there. I bet it is comforting knowing what it is but at the same time scary because the MS may be progressing. I don't want that to the case. I want it to stay as far back as possible. I know that can not happen forever but I want it to happen right now! I just want you here with us forever :sorry: Now is the waiting game. If you feel up to talking when you get home tomorrow after your appointment please let us know what the doctor did and said. I will be thinking of you all day and crossing all my fingers and toes that everything is going to be just fine. We all love and support you so much and I want you to remember that whatever comes out of this we will be here. You are our good friend and we will go through the ups and downs of your diseases with you. Just hang in there and we are all sending you gentle hugs my dear friend :grouphug:

Jerzi
07-29-2009, 02:05 AM
That's absolutely terrible to hear! Just reading your description of that pain made me hurt. I seriously hope that isn't your MS progressing, that would not be good at all (way to go Captain Obvious). I really don't know what else to say. =[
Keep your head up. And let us know whats up when you feel up to it. Good luck at the doctors

Hugs and spoons,
Jerzi

Angel Oliver
07-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Rob,

How frightening!! So glad it eased and carnt wait to hear what the doctor says and so hope you get answers and help soon. When you feel up to it let us know.
Thinking of you.
Sending you gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxx

narrowboatnutter
07-29-2009, 05:12 AM
im very rob to hear of your pain and trails, that must have been terrifing....i hope they get it sorted and i really do hope the m.s is not progressing....im praying for you xxx

GigiGirl69
07-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi Rob,
I am so sorry to hear you're having problems. I hope you get answers and much relief today. Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you and wishing you well. I hope you got a good night's sleep. I will keep checking in for an update.
Love and warm hugs,
Melissa

leaann
07-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Oh Rob sorry to hear about the issues... Please let us know what the dr says... will be sending you lots of hugs and wishes today...

glad to know you could count on your sister for help...

Take care

kirsten
07-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Rob,

The fact that you had time during the worst day of your life to respond to my much lesser problem really inspires me.

Thank you for everything you do on hear. We all appreciate it very much.

I hope your pain goes away very soon and they figure out how to better treat you.

Good luck and God bless!

-K

NoodleMom
07-29-2009, 07:24 AM
((((rob)))) gentle hugs
praying for an answer

iseedeadmonkeys
07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Robalob..

Im so sorry to hear that, it must of been really scary mary for you :hissyfit:

Sending you lots of love and hugs and your in my thoughts too

All my love

Jane
xxx

dassar RN
07-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi Rob,
I am sorry that you are going through so much but my thoughts and prayers are with you. Feel better soon.

Dassar RN:hug:

Oluwa
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Thinking of you..hoping all is well, Roblet...

Love and hugs,
Oluwa

rob
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I had an MRI done, but didn't get to discuss any results yet with the neurologist. I see him again friday for another round of evoked potentials tests, and we'll discuss the MRI then.

However, he is positive that what happened to me was a bout of Trigeminal Neuralgia. It is the most painful of all the effects that MS can have, and according to him, one of the most painful things anyone can experience. Many people collapse like I did, some pass out it is so bad. He has me taking a higher dose of naproxen, and we are going to discuss yet another new type of med for me to try. He didn't give me pain meds because the pain has subsided, and there really are no pain meds they can prescribe for you to take at home that will help.

If this happens again, I either need to get a family member to take me to the hospital, or call an ambulance. They will give me IV pain meds until the bout passes. He did give me a mild sedative, because the fear of having another bout of this can cause plenty of other problems. I have been a nervous wreck since yesterday. It was so bad, I'm scared. When it happened the only way I can describe it was desperation. I would do anything to make the pain go away. I've never experienced that before. Thank you guys for all of you friendship, and kind words. Your messages are a bright spot in what has been a nightmare 2 days.

Rob

Angel Oliver
07-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh Rob,

Im glad its eased n hope on Friday its good news or news that can be helped.Thinking of you..we are always here for you.

Love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxxx

DrinkofWtr
07-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear you have been having a hard time. I sincerely hope things get better for you. Is there anyone you know who could stay with you for awhile, or have you ever thought of getting a roommate or someone who could be there for you if this happens again. Just a thought!

SandyR
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
wow, Rob! I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling so unwell the last few days. Thank God your sister was near enough to help you out like that! I wish there was more I can say or offer to help you feel better, especially having witnessed first hand the scarey side effects of MS, but all I can say is that I will be thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

lucky7
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh ROB, i am so SORRY for your pain.:no: It truely breaks my heart to see such a GOOD person going through this. You are on my mind so MUCH and i wish i could take this away from you. I wish i could give you a hug:heart::heart:

Hey maybe if i do the "get rid of ROBS MS dance" then you will wake up tomorrow free and clear! Im gonna try!!!!:banana:

YOU are in my HEART my friend

Rastagirl
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Rob, my friend.....

This is breaking my heart too, as I just said in my PM to you. It is torture being so far away and not being able to do anything except read of your pain and suffering and desperation. I'm truly sorry you had to go through that....especially all alone.

You are an important part of ALL of our lives...a very special person, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this crap that MS throws your way. It sucks big time!! I wish so much that we could take it away for you. Sometimes, life is just absolutely unfair! No other way to say it. And I know the saying, whoever said life was going to be fair, but I'll say it again.....this is cruelly unfair.

I appreciate you taking time to come here and let us know what happened at the doctor....I was worrying. Please try to take it easy the rest of today, and keep yourself occupied the best you can. I hope the doctor gave you enought sedative for the next few days, so you can relax some. Could you maybe get your sister, or other family, to bring you your meal for tonight, so you don't have to deal with that?

As I said in my PM, I'm here for you, if you want to talk about anything. If your struggling to keep your mind occupied, you know where to find me. And I'll be on here late tonight, in case you can't sleep, or you wake during the night.

You are not alone in this!

Take care of yourself......hugs :grouphug:

with Love,

:cool2: Lori

Spanglishqueen
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Rob,

The fact that you had time during the worst day of your life to respond to my much lesser problem really inspires me.

Thank you for everything you do on hear. We all appreciate it very much.

I hope your pain goes away very soon and they figure out how to better treat you.

Good luck and God bless!

-K

WOW I'm both saddened and amazed. It breaks my heart to know anyone is ever in soo much pain especially such a kind and gentle person as you. And to know that you put others above yourself even shows the kindness and selflessness you possess. I hope you get the answers you need and that you never experience this type of pain again. PLEASE take care of yourself. :hug: :hug: :kiss:

debbie-b
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Rob,

I am very sorry, that you have to go through this really rough patch. It must have been very scary and painful. Hopefully the doc can shed some light on this and help you. You are in my prayers.

Debbie