PDA

View Full Version : My mom, prayers needed

Larz77
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
As some have noticed (with my drop of wins in the arcade--lol), I've been distracted as of late. On Sunday I received a phone call that my mom (65) is not doing well and that an ambulance is at her home. Sunday and yesterday we were sorting out what was wrong. Seems that she was in heart failure and possibly had a heart attack. Today we got more of the story. She apparenlty had a heart attack within the last few weeks and she has an 80% blockage in her heart. She also had another blockage, but that blockage bypassed itself (how interesting is that).

Tomorrow she will be transported to another hospital to have a stent put in. Work remains very demanding and although seemingly supportive, they still have high expectations. I think of you all often! Thanks,

Larz

Angel Oliver
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh My i will be thinking of her and sending you both my thoughts,hugs n love.We are all here for you.She must have had pain n thought it was nothing...poor lady.Shes in the best place now to get her well again.

Thinking of you
Amanda.xxxx

Pearl
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
I am sending you hugs and prayers for your mother's health and your own. Please keep us posted. Out of respect, I will not try to defeat any of your arcade scores while you are away, lol.

Take care,

Jana

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Hugs to you Larry...I'll keep your Mother, and you, in my prayers as well.

Take care of yourself and when you get a chance, please let us know how your mom is doing.

:cool2: Lori

Leksie
07-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Your mom is in my prayers.... Remember God will never give us more that we can handle. We are here supporting you and your family :hug:
I don't know if I can be as kind as Jana when it comes to you top scores, LOL.

Oluwa
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi Larry... I felt something when I posted on your profile this morning..where is Larry. I did notice and felt you were gone...head hugs and love to your Mom.

My Dad and brother had STENS inserted too in 2005 and are doing very well. Modern medicine, amazing what they can do, eh? I have said a prayer and many more to come when I lay my head to rest tonight...

It is amazing how the body, heart will create a new bypass. It happened to my Mom. As you can read heart disease runs rampant in my family. Thus far, has affected a sister too...congestive heart failure. Mom and Dad both had heart bypass surgery...Dad 6..Mom 7.

So, If you have any questions Larry I am here....and if no questions, just a ear to listen, I have that too...

Be well. Get well wishes for your Mom...
Love,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
07-28-2009, 07:49 PM
hi larry,

i am so sorry to hear about your mom....i know this has really frightened you. You and your mom will be in my prayers tonight.

abbasgirl
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll be praying also. (((Hugs)))

I gave up on the arcade quite some time ago. It's just too much of a challenge. I'd travel over and take advantage of it while you're gone, but there are a lot of awesome game players there too that I never could beat. I think it was Jane I kept facing the most. I got tired of losing. :laugh:

rob
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Larry. I hope she gets better ASAP. She will be in my thoughts and well wishes.

Rob

Danica01
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Larry, I am so sorry you have so much going on with your mom and the demands from work. I will be thinking of your mama all day tomorrow and I will be keeping you in my thoughts as well. Make sure through all of this that you make sure to take care of yourself. Rest when you need to and vent to us when things get to be a little to much. We are here for you through this period of your life and will help you deal with it. Keep us posted when you can and we are all sending you gentle hugs tonight :grouphug:

lucky7
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
AWWWWW, i am SO SORRY Larry, you and your mom are in my HEART and my thoughts. Please let us know how shes doing when you can XXXXXX

Spanglishqueen
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
So sorry to hear this Larry. I hope she gets better. You and your family will be in my thoughts and well wishes. xxoo :hug: :kiss:

SandyR
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Larry,
I am sorry to hear that your mom has been unwell. The two of you will be in my prayers.
Sandy

Larz77
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, today didn't go as expected. When they went in to do the stent, they had to put in three where they thought there would only be one. Three in one of her primary arteries. There was blockage beyond. He then said she had blockage in all her arteries (something like that...). I tried to attend the class work wanted me to go to, but after the bad news, I had to get there, so I'm not sure what they said exactly. The thing is, my mom always had low chloresterol as do I (the bad stuff). So this was all surprising. Apparently, the doctor warned him and I that we need to be careful if we have low chloresterol because we have some condition where it still accumulates in our arteries....I don't know...scared the heck out of me though. So, I have Lupus, probably from my dad's side and now this? Really, feeling in the dumps. I feel screwed no matter what I do....

So, after being at the hospital very late, I get in my car, turn on my cell (have to shut it off in the heart ward) and it's my dad calling to tell me that our neighbor (at least my neighbor when I was growing up) fell backward down the stairs and crushed his skull and passed away. So I stopped by their home and gave hugs to old friends.

I don't want to say things have been blue here, but my daughter started crying because there seems to be so much gloom around these days. I was glad to know it wasn't just me feeling this way.

So, with a splitting headache, I'm off to sleep. Thanks for all your well wishes. It's so nice to know you have friends in your corner. I think I read from someone that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle"...I just wish he didn't trust me so much...

Larz

narrowboatnutter
07-29-2009, 10:22 PM
sorry to hear of your mums illness...ive been praying all night for lots of things and people, and im all over this one in large amounts....peace and love to you xxx

p.s abit trigger happy with the post button there..im praying though the lot of it....lot of love again n/b/n

stoney
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
sorry have only just seen this, am thinking of u and ur family. u must feel so bogged down with it all, but there will b light at the end of the tunnel it might just take a while to get to it. time and time again i have seen people in hospitals prove everybody wrong (including mj several times) so hang in there xxx

ButterflyRN
07-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Larry,
Sorry to hear about your mom and your neighbor. How are things going now with your mom? I believe God only does give us what we can handle, but at least for me it sometimes feels like too much! But God knows what He is doing, and while as humans it is hard to understand this our faith has to come into play and pull us through!

I am keeping you and your mother in my prayers! Have faith and God will pull you through!

ButterflyRN

Pearl
07-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Faith in the face of that which we cannot understand is the true test, is it not? You are a strong, caring person. You do not walk alone. Know that we are praying for you and for your family. It's a very powerful thing. Focus on the things you can control. I pray that tomorrow is a better day for you and yours and that God gives you peace.

Thinking of you,

Jana

mountaindreamer
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
oh larry,

so sorry to hear about your mom, i know you all are very worried about her. What are the drs. recommending that you all do about her arteries? are they wanting to put in more stents?

i love your comment about how much weight god will place on our shoulders....and i agree, sometimes i wish he "did not trust us so much"

I will remember this one (i hope)

prayers to you and your mom.

lucky7
08-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Thinking of you and your mom Larry HUGS and LOVE:hug::heart: