PDA

View Full Version : It's Scorching in Portland today....

Rastagirl
07-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Help me......

I'm melting..........................

Weatherman just reported Portland hit 107 degrees!! :shocked:

It was only predicted to be 98 today.

Makes me wonder what's in store for us Wednesday, when they've predicted 103.....Will that turn into 113 ??????

This is that time when I'm wishing I was on the island of Maui.....tradewinds blowing a lovely breeze....sipping a Mai Tai by the pool...

http://www.tropicalvillavacations.com/images/bf-sandysurf/beach100.jpg

In my fantasy.....I'm right there in the blue green ocean :veryhappy: Do ya see me?

:cool2: Lori

SandyR
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Lori, I swear you are reading my thoughts tonight! :) I just took the trash out and it is SWELTERING humidity right now! We're not nearly as warm as you, it's only low 70's here right now (abnormally cool July for us) but the humidity is so darn high that it feels nasty out - more like low 90's. Was about 10 degrees higher this afternoon with same humidity. Ugh! I don't at all mind the heat but the humidity just knocks the energy out of me and I can't stand it! :nah:
That beach looks wonderful! :laugh: Mind if I join you with my Bay Breeze??? I have the fans on high and they are barely making a dent. Now if only we could be on that beach with that firefighter!...

Rastagirl
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Sandy....

You are more than welcome to join me! :yes:

Bring your Bay Breeze, or 2 or 3.....your sunscreen.....and an umbrella.....

And I'll ring up Jane and see if she knows how we can reach the firefighter.... :phone:

Anyone else want in on our fantasy ??????

SandyR
07-27-2009, 07:30 PM
how about I just bring the bar and the bartender, everyone can have all the drinks they want, and in our fantasy we will even get to enjoy the beach and the sun w/o feeling Lupie after! :yes: But I'll still wear the sunscreen and umbrella and even my dorky beach hat to protect my skin from wrinkles and cancer! :yes:

mountaindreamer
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
yes, i want to join the beach party....bartender, firfighter....makes no difference to me...i will enjoy which ever.

SandyR
07-27-2009, 07:58 PM
yeah Phyllis!!!!! Maybe the fireman can be the bartender!!!!! :)

magistramarla
07-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Lori,
Welcome to the way we feel down here in sizzling Texas. We've had 33 days over 100 degrees since the beginning of June. Wouldn't you know it, our air conditioner had problems last night (right after my MTX injection), so we've been hot in our house until the AC guy got here this evening.
The beach party sounds nice. So does the firefighter/bartender!
Marla

Rastagirl
07-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Lori,
Welcome to the way we feel down here in sizzling Texas. We've had 33 days over 100 degrees since the beginning of June. Wouldn't you know it, our air conditioner had problems last night (right after my MTX injection), so we've been hot in our house until the AC guy got here this evening.
The beach party sounds nice. So does the firefighter/bartender!
Marla

Don't see how you Texan's stand it. Us poor pale-skinned Portlander's wilt, just like the flowers on my back deck. I had to work double time to keep up with watering my flowers and plants today. As I made my rounds watering, I accidentally left my herbs till last.....I think the poor little guys are wilted beyond saving. I set them right into bowls of water, so they could keep drinking. I think I may be responsible for killing herbs. :shocked:

So glad to hear the air conditioner got fixed, Marla.....bet it's working extra hard now to cool the house down. Sorry that had to happen on Mtx day, of all days.

Of course, you most certainly may join us at the Beach Party. I say we take this just a bit further......I'm thinking we now need some cabana boys with giant Palm fronds to stand over us and cool us......

And, how about Firefighter/bartender dude brings all his buddies to play volleyball on the beach ??? .....for entertainment purposes, of course.

:lmao:

Beckey Lapp
07-27-2009, 08:27 PM
OK I passed over this because I am feeling blue. I decided to come back because it is just to darn hot to not come back:pant:!!!! I will let you both have your firemen, what I am missing is my family. Yes once again because of my stupid illness I am at home alone while they are on a backpacking trip into the wilderness!!! So my family:3some: and whoever wants to come are going into that beautiful ocean and go for a swim with the dolphins!! There are no sharks and no disease,no money worries and no limitations! Just lots of safe fun a whole day of boating and snorkeling and swimming with the turtles and most of all swimming with the wonderful dolphins. Can you hear them shh listen close to there chattering call!! I'm resting on the deck and can feel the spray from one of the dolpins and here the laughter of my son. " Mom, mom come back in!" Off I go the blue green salty water water washing over my body and soon I reach my husband and son and we are playing with the one of the dolphins that has taken a liking to my son:cool3:. He let us pet him and hold onto his dorsal fin as he powers us a little way off then right back to the safety of the family!! We'll be back with you guys a couple of more hours from now then a big luao on the beach:653: with nice fruity drinks, and a sunset to challenge all those postcard sunsets! The beauty of it cannot be understood if you can't see it for yourself!

magistramarla
07-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Lori,
I'm not really a Texan - just a transplanted northerner who hates this heat. I try to get errands done early and then hide in my air conditioned house the rest of the day.
Our plants are all dying. We're under water restrictions and can only water once a week. We've even lost an old oak tree because of the drought conditions.
I really can't wait to get to Monterey. I will truly enjoy the cooler weather.
Mmmm, what can we add to our beach party? How about some of those muscular fire-dancers that you see at a luau? They could also roast a pig Hawaiian style and serve us all those wonderful luau foods.
Marla

SandyR
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Becky, swimming with the dolphins sounds great. I think I might have to join you. Did that last year in Mexico and I am all for doing it again!
Lori, let's also get those massage tents on the beach! The firemen and the cabana boys and the massauers sound great to me!
Marla I am glad to hear that your AC is back on. I am thinking will jump into an ice cold shower before bed to cool off a little.

Rastagirl
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
This just keeps getting better and better every time I come back here.. :yes:

Beckey....you described that sooooo perfectly. I absolutely adore dolphins. I could picture it in my mind! Sounds fantastic.....your fantasy with your family by your side having fun in the ocean. We'll have the luau all set up on the beach when you guys come ashore.

Marla....I like your way of thinking....muscular fire dancers it is!! And the roast pig with the apple in his mouth.....can't have a luau without one.

Sandy....Perfect! Massage tents right by the ocean waves....so we can feel the breeze and hear the gentle lapping of the waves. And how about a guy playing gently on the ukelele?

Oh, excuse me ladies....Firefighter/bartender is waving me over....time for another Mai Tai......

http://polinesiaviaggi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mai-tai.jpg

I'm just about cooled down now.....

mountaindreamer
07-28-2009, 07:50 AM
hi lori,

you should probably give your plants another drink of water....i saw where your temperature is going to be the same as yesterday.....over 100 degrees....stay cool my friend.

leaann
07-28-2009, 08:12 AM
I think I would like to join that beach party can I bring a life guard???

The weather is awful here...I have the central ac on and I also have window units in each room on... I don't know if its me or the weather but it is awful hot...

You can keep the furity drinks I will settle for my mountain dew and screencreen and big hat with my nice life guard to keep me safe...

kducks
07-28-2009, 11:53 AM
You guys are all too funny. Can't you just see it now...a bunch of Lupies spending too much time in the sun and red faced and hardly able to walk to the next day? :laugh: The beach sounds wonderful though, we went down and walked by the ocean a couple of weekends ago before the waves got all huge this past week. Hope everyone is staying cool, I have to run home to turn off the air at lunch cause my guy left it on in his hurry to get to work. Too little sleep and he is acting like he's a Lupie or something! lol

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I think I would like to join that beach party can I bring a life guard???

The weather is awful here...I have the central ac on and I also have window units in each room on... I don't know if its me or the weather but it is awful hot...

You can keep the furity drinks I will settle for my mountain dew and screencreen and big hat with my nice life guard to keep me safe...

Good thinking, Leaann....we will definitely need the presence of a Lifeguard....

:veryhappy:

Lori

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
You guys are all too funny. Can't you just see it now...a bunch of Lupies spending too much time in the sun and red faced and hardly able to walk to the next day? :laugh: The beach sounds wonderful though, we went down and walked by the ocean a couple of weekends ago before the waves got all huge this past week. Hope everyone is staying cool, I have to run home to turn off the air at lunch cause my guy left it on in his hurry to get to work. Too little sleep and he is acting like he's a Lupie or something! lol

Oh no, kducks....the keyword is FANTASY....we're in a fantasy here....therefore, none of us have Lupus....there is no Lupus.....we can have as much sun as we want.....and afterwards, we ALL feel great the next day!

p.s. I walked outside at 1:30 am this morning to lock my truck, and it was still 80 degrees. My air conditioner kicked on many times throughout the night trying to keep the house cool. It's scary HOT here again today.

Danica01
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Wait......wait.....I am on my way too!!!!! It is 115 here in Phoenix and just plain yucky!!!! It is even to hot to swim in the pool with the puppy! I need the ocean, cool breeze and a nice cool drink in my hand! I think it will help with the hot flashes too!!!!! You bring the firefighter and I will bring my Timmy along :veryhappy:

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Wait......wait.....I am on my way too!!!!! It is 115 here in Phoenix and just plain yucky!!!! It is even to hot to swim in the pool with the puppy! I need the ocean, cool breeze and a nice cool drink in my hand! I think it will help with the hot flashes too!!!!! You bring the firefighter and I will bring my Timmy along :veryhappy:

Yeah!! Danica's coming too!

Did you get a new puppy I didn't hear about? If so, he can come too....all boyfriends, husbands, significant others and pets are allowed!

Especially cute puppies.... :laugh2:

Oh....and sock monkeys too!

Love,

p.s. Danica...sending you thoughts of cool breezes and gentle lapping waves on the beach.

SandyR
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
yeah for more party people! I can bring some shelter pups! They need some TLC and excersize. It's hotter but less humid here today. Back to the beach I go.

Pearl
07-28-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm assuming this beach fantasy includes the part where we all have the perfect beach body????:)

If so, I'm in.

Jana

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
YOU BET IT DOES!!!! :cute:

http://hawaiiexplorer.net/images/maui-beach2.jpg

:)

Danica01
07-29-2009, 01:28 AM
I LOVE SOCK MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:barf2:

leaann
07-29-2009, 06:42 AM
I think in the fantasy I will leave the hubby at home and just bring my puppy since pets are allowed... My life guard (All buffed and tanned) will do just fine...

No stress, no worries...no meds... no drs... now that would be the life....

It's already hot here today and its not even 10 am... I hate southern heat...

leaann
07-29-2009, 06:53 AM
ok wasn't sure how to post a picture here but I found a life guard and I also thought that the picture was funny... I think I will bring this one with me hope it comes in correctly..

Pearl
07-29-2009, 06:58 AM
OK Leeann, that's my idea of a bath!!!!

lucky7
07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
MIine too Jana!!!!!!! I would like Edward or Jacob to be in that lifeguard chair please! LOL :laugh: Gotta LOVE a vampire and a werewolf!!!!!! AHHHHHH, i have the BEST dreams lately!!!! LOL.:naughty:

dsunshine
07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
YOU BET IT DOES!!!! :cute:

http://hawaiiexplorer.net/images/maui-beach2.jpg

Wow Rasta/Lori
Is that you girl?

Rastagirl
07-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Yep, it sure is, dSunshine!!!!!! Aren't I fantabulous ???

:laugh: Just kidding!!

Actually, this is me...on my last vacation

http://www.fabuloussavers.com/new_wallpaper/Maria_Sharapova_on_the_beach-Beautiful_Women_and_Bikinis_freecomputerdesktopwal lpaper_p.jpg

Lori

SandyR
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Lori,
you are too funny! isn't this the shot they used on the SI cover?

Rastagirl
07-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Lori,
you are too funny! isn't this the shot they used on the SI cover?

Yeah....and I haven't even got paid for it yet! :laugh2:

Rastagirl
07-29-2009, 11:17 PM
It is 11:00 pm in Portland....Wednesday night......

and I just stepped outside and checked the thermometer....

It is 86 degrees HOT.......

...it feels like Jamaica out there.

I lit my Tiki torches....spread out my beach mat.....put on some Jimmy Buffet Island Music.....

May as well pretend I'm in Jamaica!!

http://www.ssqq.com/travel/images/jamaican_beach_nap.jpg

Ahhhhh....that's better :sleepy:

magistramarla
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow,
I've been AWOL for a couple of days, and I've missed part of the fantasy beach party! I would bring my Jeff - he's still got the beach body, even though I don't. (Scored a 97% on the annual military fitness test, not bad for 52, huh?)
We've now had 35 days at 100 or over this summer. One more day, and we'll break a record.
When I live in Monterey, we'll have to all get together and actually have this beach party. I'll be living just a few blocks from the beach. It doesn't seem to ever get very hot there, but it might be a great place for the rest of you to escape the heat when your own home towns get this hot.
Marla

mountaindreamer
07-30-2009, 07:08 PM
hi marla....you are on....let us know when you are settled, and we will plan a WHL lupie party in Monterey.

Lori,,,,,jeesh my friend, i hope they pay you the big bucks for that cover.

SandyR
07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
I wish I were back on Jamaica! Ja'maican me crazy mon! I only wish I could get my Jamaica beach pic from my album to post on here. :skeptical: