PDA

View Full Version : Muscles Twitching all over

pharmacygirl34
08-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi Everyone.
Lately more so right now then ever I have had muscle spasms all over from my fingers to my toes, back, legs, hands, arms, feet, and even my face.

The only place that doesn't cramp however is my face and head.

The twitching has gotten so bad my husband made a comment the other day that he was awake all night from my body twitching through out the night keeping him awake. I of course was unaware as I was completely passed out.

The twitching is nerve racking. To top it off if I try and stretch, whether it be my legs, feet, arms or back I end up with severe cramps.

The other day I was driving no less and it happened with my left foot. I had to reach down and physically move my foot so it would no longer be locked up and I could continue to drive. Scary. I never know when or where this is going to happen and if freaks me out along with frustrating me because there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent this.

Does ANYONE else have these symptoms too? What do you do to fix it? Or how do you cope with it? I need some suggestions as I am all out of them.

Its no longer just effecting me but my husband as well. The twitching is effecting him......and the cramping up of the muscles is definetly making my life more challenging on a day to day basis.

Let me know please if you have these symptoms and have found something that helps.

I won't be stretching out for a marithon any time soon.

Thanks, and God bless all of you.

reg-tt
08-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi,I'm reg-tt, I had lupus for over 15 years, cramping, muscle spasms, and the hold bit. you learn to live with it. Sometimes a warm bath before you go to bed can help. And fare as your driving, most of time we can fill when our feet and hands are going to start cramping on us, it's just happen to worsteni in the possecess of driviing. The best thing to do is to just pull over until the cramp is gone. And talk to your doctor, he can give you something for that.

Evenstar
08-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi,

yep I get these twitches too, particularly in my feet which end up in severe cramps. I have spoken to a couple of my doctors about this and both have dismissed it as not being lupus related. Although it seem like a pretty big coincidence to me LOL.
I have a Pilates video which has an exercise to individually stretch / lift each toe. It is very gentle, and doesn’t normally lead to cramp. Throughout the course of the day I tend to do this exercise (particulary on the big toes) and have found it helpful. Also keeping the feet and lower legs warm helps to.