PDA

View Full Version : Off to hospital

Monique89
07-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Well my doctor just called me, and my platelet count was down to 1000.
Soooo i have to go into hospital tonight, and be hooked up onto immunoglobulin tomorrow. Hopoefully i will be home on Wednesday.
Its a bit inconveniant really, i have soooo much uni work to do its rediculous, i dont have time for this!!!
Oh and i have to go onto prednisolone :( :( :( GRRRRRR
Anyway, see you all when i get back from my holiday LOL
Least i get to go to the private hospital this time.

Danica01
07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Oh love! I am so sorry you have received this bad news! Like you said, it is at such a bad time. Well, go in and kick your feet up and let them make you feel better. Take your favorite things with you and make sure take a comfy blanket. Hopefully they will have something good to watch on tv. Hang in there love and I am thinking about you and I can not wait until you hop back on and tell us you are home!!!!!!!!!! Keep your head up and I am sending you lots of get well thoughts and gentle hugs to get you through the next few days.......good luck :hug:

mountaindreamer
07-27-2009, 05:22 AM
hi monique,

i guess you are at the hospital now, and i am wishing you a pleasant few days....like danica, i am so sorry that you are having to go through this.

let us know when you get home.

Leksie
07-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Sorry to here you have to go to the hospital and I pray for a quick recovery. Let's get that platelet count back to normal range and get you outta there. Lupus does seem to rear its ugly head at the most inopportune times :grumpy: Keep your head up!
See ya back here real soon,
Natasha

abbasgirl
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
((((hugs))) Monique. I'm praying you get those numbers back to normal fast and are returned home asap...but do rest as much as you can. Okay? We'll miss you...let us know when you're back and how you are.

Spanglishqueen
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Wishing you a quick recovery :hug:

Monique89
07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys.
Im in hospital now, and they have free WiFi, and im quite bored so i decided to make the most of it.
Its not too bad here, the menu is gourmet LOL, i had scrambled eggs, tomatoes and bacon on sourdough bread for brekky this morning LOL. Dinner is stuffed chicken breast with bri and sundried tomatoes, potatoes and pumpkin yumm lol.
They are just about to come in and put the IV bung in, then the iv will be attached for about 7 hours i think...
Hopefully my hematologist thinks i may be home tomorrow morning...
Speak to you all soon xxxx

Lala
07-27-2009, 04:33 PM
IT always raises ITS ugly head at inconvenient times, take care and get to feeling better soon.

SandyR
07-27-2009, 04:58 PM
monique -
sorry to hear that you are bedridden, but I have to tell you, your hospital sounds pretty fabulous compared to the ones around here! You had my mouth watering with your stuffed chicken dinner. :yes: and free WiFi too! Wow! Sounds like Australians really know how to help someone feel a little more comfy when they are feeling less then grand. Hope your relaxing on your forced vacay!
Sandy

dsunshine
07-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Monique
Sorry to hear you have to go into the hospital but better safe than sorry. I do wish you health...your in my prayers...stay positive!

Rastagirl
07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys.
Im in hospital now, and they have free WiFi, and im quite bored so i decided to make the most of it.
Its not too bad here, the menu is gourmet LOL, i had scrambled eggs, tomatoes and bacon on sourdough bread for brekky this morning LOL. Dinner is stuffed chicken breast with bri and sundried tomatoes, potatoes and pumpkin yumm lol.
They are just about to come in and put the IV bung in, then the iv will be attached for about 7 hours i think...
Hopefully my hematologist thinks i may be home tomorrow morning...
Speak to you all soon xxxx

Awww...sorry Monique....sorry you have to be an inpatient right now. That's never fun. :no: And truly sorry you have to go back on the Pred. I know how much that stinks.

Hopefully your doctor can get things under control quickly and get your counts back up where they should be. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Meanwhile, where exactly is this Private hospital that serves Gourmet food?? That menu sounds delish!! :yumyum: Stuffed chicken breast with bri and sundried tomatoes!!!! Yum!

Do you need some company for dinner? *giggle*

Pretty amazing perks....free Wifi.....my hospital inpatient days would have been so much easier to stomach, if I would have had access to the internet.

I'm thinking the rest of the world needs to use THAT hospital as a model and improve the standard of patient care around the world immensely.

What's next for you......does the hunky massage therapist show up after dinner??????

Feel better soon!

:cool2: Lori

mountaindreamer
07-27-2009, 08:04 PM
hi monique,

i hope you are through getting the IV...hope it did not interfere with your lunch and dinner...your description of your lunch made my mouth water...yum yum.

so, i agree with lori, did you get a massage after dinner?

get lost of rest, and please take care of yourself.

Monique89
07-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Hahaha nooo no massage worse luck LOL!!
Dinner was yummy yummy though!! I had lemon tart for dessert too.
The last hospital i was in, ugh it was gross, but i am in a private hospital now, Epworth Eastern, much much nicer here!!
I have my own room with my own bathroom too, and a big ol' window.
The IV took 8.5 hours, came out about an hour ago. Im so allergic to the tape though my hand is swollen from it LOL...
Im off to play some games i think!!

Rastagirl
07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I've always been allergic to all tapes except Paper. Have to have that noted in my chart, because if it's not Paper tape, I have a severe reaction and everything else rips my skin.

Have they tried Paper tape on you? It's still sticky, but not nearly as bad as the adhesive on the others.

Glad you're IV is done. Hopefully it did the trick and you'll be discharged soon.

Hang in there, Monique. Home is right around the corner. :veryhappy:

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

mountaindreamer
07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
hi monique,

glad you are home....enjoy the games.

Danica01
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I would have extended my stay just for the food, yummy!!!!!! I am just happy you were able to get the meds you need and your count is back up. What time did you get home?????? We are so happy you are able to rest peacefully at home and hopefully no more hospital stays are in your future!!!!!! :dance:

Monique89
07-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Ohh im not home yet!
I meant the room i have here LOL
Im waiting for the blood ladies to come around, then when the results get in hopefully i can go home!!
Oh and yeah they have tried the paper tape, i still get reactions to it. Soo i just have to put up with it really. I get these massive red angry looking welts and it hurts so bad!!

Pearl
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Thinking of you. Also thinking about joining you for that chicken dinner. Sounds pretty great for hospital food:)

Hope you are better soon.

Take care,

Jana

abbasgirl
07-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm so glad the visit is going so well.

I'm sorry you're swollen but am glad you told us about it... the reaction to tape... so THAT'S why that happens to me every time I go through that! *headsmack* I just thought it must be from the trauma to my arm. lol. Which...now that I think about it...it is trauma...but it's an allergy...ohhhhh. Thanks for enlightening me.

kducks
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear you had to go to "jail" Monique! The majority of my major problems with my Lupus, besides the pain of course were with blood too. I totally understand were you are coming from, just realize the pred will help even if it is a bummer with the side effects. Hope your counts go up and you get to come home soon.

Monique89
07-29-2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks so much for your support everyone.
I am home tonight.
My platelet count went up to 28,000 as of this morning, so i was released from 'jail' lol. That was after the 8 X 200ml bottled of octagam.
I am going back for more bloods friday to check that im able to still do my calisthenics comp on sunday. Doc is getting hold of this drug i have to inject into myself, so when that comes thru, i get to come off the pred again...

Angel Oliver
07-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Thinking of you and sending you gentle hugs.

love Amanda.xx

Jerzi
07-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks so much for your support everyone.
I am home tonight.
My platelet count went up to 28,000 as of this morning, so i was released from 'jail' lol. That was after the 8 X 200ml bottled of octagam.
I am going back for more bloods friday to check that im able to still do my calisthenics comp on sunday. Doc is getting hold of this drug i have to inject into myself, so when that comes thru, i get to come off the pred again...

It's good to hear that you've been realeased from medical jail. That place is never fun, I'm sure we can all agree on that one.
I hope you're feeling better and that you get of the pred (you potentially lucky female).

Danica01
07-29-2009, 08:45 AM
You are home!!!!! Wonderful!!!! Now you rest really peacefully in your own bed. I hope all your blood work comes back great and the shot won't be so bad, you get used to it after a bit. Hang in there and we are all thinking about you. Sending you gentle hugs :hug:

SandyR
07-30-2009, 05:05 PM
three cheers you're home! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!!

ButterflyRN
07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I was reading on everything you've been through. Sorry to hear! Glad you are home though! Hope you are feeling better!