PDA

View Full Version : Bummed

ritzbit
07-26-2009, 03:38 PM
I've been having a bad week. It has been so gloomy and I thought I might actually get out this week while my mom was off work. I didnt end up doing anything because my friends messed up the plans we had and everyones just been to busy to do anything with me. I've just been really down and Im having a hard time finding the motivation to get anything done. I have alot of school work I was supposed to be doing over the summer thats going to be due in a few weeks when I go back to school and I've barely even started it. This school year is going to be so hard because I'm going to be taking REALLY hard classes because Im trying to get college credits now while I can get them pretty cheap. Im just so bummed and so stressed out about things and school hasnt even started yet! Ugh. :ugh:

dassar RN
07-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Ritzbit,
Please don't be so hard on yourself with regards to the schoolwork. If you get too stressed out that will make matters worse. I know sometimes we get disappointed when we make plans and it does not work out. If there is any consolation I too went through something similar this past weekend.

My cousin who I have not seen in 5 yrs but speak to almost everday came down to florida with his family but was too busy to see me. Obviously I was too sick to visit him or hang out fishing with his family..... I felt bad. The alternative of forcing myself would have been worse so that took me out of the dumps!!

Cheer up!!! take it one day at a time. :cute:

Dassar RN
"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."

Martin Luther King

ritzbit
07-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Things just suck right now. I wish for once things would go the way that I wanted. =/

Rastagirl
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Ritzbit...

Gentle hugs to you... :hug:

I'm sorry you've had disappointment, letdown, sadness and frustration....you're right. It just plain sucks.

No other way to say it better. When we look forward to something....get our hopes up....only to have it fall through, it just plain hurts. Just wanted to say I'm sorry your heart is aching.

The motivation thing is so difficult to muster when day to day life is a struggle and your health is such a challenge. You're having to put a lot of energy into that right now, so that doesn't leave you much left over for motivation, especially for school work. Do you guys start school in middle of August? Just wondering, because my kids don't go back till after Labor Day in September.

Let the school work sit for a few more days and concentrate on taking care of yourself first. It might be that some rest for your mind and body will help you focus better on the book work. Don't get ahead of yourself worrying about the long school year ahead, like DassarRn said....with this illness, it's best to take everything one day at a time. I know that's hard to do when you're a teenager and you're chomping at the bit, but that's what will get you through the tough parts.

And now you've got all of us here to support you through your school year...we'll be just a keystroke away. :yes:

Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

ritzbit
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I hate having to start school so early. We have a weird schedule and get more breaks throughout the school year since we start earlier. I have to read a 500 page book and anwser a bunch of questions on it still. And 2 other small books. I have to come up with a whole presentation on one of them. I also have to do a packet and write a 200 word story in spanish. And on top of that I have to read the first 3 chapters of my US history book and take notes while I read it.

It just feels like a lot already and its going to be even harder when school starts. Im going to be killing myself all year with all the work. I'll probably be on here whining everyday lol at least it'll keep me busy. Once I get going I can get alot done. Like today it took me half the day to get but once I was up I drove my mom around and we went to the store and Im helping make dinner and stuff tonight.

Thanks for listening to me whine lol

dsunshine
07-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey Ritzbit
Sorry you have a lot on your plate sick or not seems like a lot! One thing I know from being in school/college is you have to tackle it and the sooner the better to eliminate or at least try to keep the stress down. Try doing one project at a time and go from there. Read one chapter at a time and then take 10-15-20 minutes breaks in between chapters. I told my nephew to study/read like this and it really helped him complete his assignments. Again...One project/homework/reading at a time and just take breaks so you ensure you are retaining the information but giving yourself time to regroup and relax. Your going to do just fine this year in school just don't allow your thoughts to consume your energy and get you worked up and stressed out.
P.S. WHINE and complain away...I am always here to read and respond to you and provide support as is everyone else on here!
Please keep us all updated on your status so we can tell you how proud we are of you!!!

abbasgirl
07-27-2009, 02:31 PM
(((hugs)))) Sweetie, you have all our shoulders and ears. Sorry you're so down but it's understandable. That's overwhelming and you haven't even started yet. What books do you have to read?

SandyR
07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
ribbitz,
I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a crappy bummed out week. It's hard to know that you need to get something accomplished that, physically, you just aren't up to at the moment. Being sick and flarey really does suck. When do you go back to school? Maybe you can break your projects down into more managable bits, like 10-10:30 read every day 10:30-1 rest, 1-1:30 write a few pages on what you read 1:30-4 rest some more, etc.
Sandy

mountaindreamer
07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
hi ritzbit,

i am so sorry that you are having such a difficult week. i hope you are feeling better today.

school work over the summer....that is enough to make anyone feel pressured.....

i am so sorry about your friends....wish there was a way for them to understand how much their actions hurt you.....always remember, we are here if you need anything.

ritzbit
07-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks you guys for the advice. I was feeling pretty good yesterday and got half of Death of a Salesman finished. =D I still have to read the Grapes of Wrath. It is soooo boring. I feel like crap today though. I passed out really early last night and still dont feel like a slept long enough. And I woke up with bright pink cheeks. And Im going up to talk to the manager today at Mcdonalds becuz they lost my application! I'm going to fall asleep while Im trying to talk to her lol

crmj1183
07-28-2009, 09:28 AM
hey Rizbit,

Im sorry you're bummed things will get better, try not to stress though because you know wha thtat does to you..... I can completely relate. Im in school full time and I work full time so I know how it gets, we just have to keep our head up and keep it moving. I hope you get out of your funk real soon:yes:

Chriss

ritzbit
07-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Well Im in a great mood right now becuz I just got a job =) I wish my first job wasnt at Mcdonalds though lol adding work into the mix might be a bad idea but ya know I need money lol so Im pretty excited. soon enough I'll finally be able to get the camera I've been wanting for so long =) The manager seems really nice so hopefully if I ever have a problem or something she'll work with me.

Everythings looking pretty good =) now if I could get my school work done...lol

Danica01
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
You got it.....you got it......you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There comes a point for all of us when we feel as if we can not take anymore. We wake up just wanting to fall back a sleep because dreaming is better than walking around feeling the way we do. At that point we start holding out for one good thing to come a long and remind us why we do open our eyes. It can be as simple as a phone call from someone we have missed, a letter in the mail or a new job that will help us venture out of our house and interact with people :veryhappy: Hold onto the feeling you have right now and start doing school work. Don't worry about anything if you fall a sleep early and when you feel tires just sit down and breath. Your ups and downs will come in waves and they really do get easier as you get older and time passes. Just remember when you are in the down phase, the feeling you feel right now will be back, you just have to hold on until you get there. We adore you and will be here for you through the ups and downs and you will always have us to understand and help you understand when life seems to hard to face everyday :grouphug:

ritzbit
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you =D I love the support of everyone here. Im in such a good mood, Im actually going to go on a walk with my mom tonight. Might as well becuz who knows if I will tomorrow lol

Pearl
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
You know, it's ok to feel frustrated, overwhelmed and unmotivated. We all have those feelings from time to time.

I agree with dsunshine....breaking down the tasks into smaller portions will help you make progress. Reward breaks are important between tasks. Make yourself a schedule, include the breaks, and check off each task when you complete it. Seeing your progress will help your motivation.

I made it through law school this way, as a single mom with a daughter who was three when I started. I know exactly how you feel. Breaking down the workload was the only way I survived.

Chin up, friend. I have confidence you can rise to this challenge.

Take care,

Jana

abbasgirl
07-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeahhhh...so happy for you!

I look forward to seeing the pictures you take with that future camera too. However, you're already doing a fabulous job with the one you've been using.

ritzbit
07-29-2009, 08:09 AM
I think I will try making myself a schedule. It would probably help.

And thank you, The new pictures will be so awesome lol A camera is probably the first thing I'll buy once I have the money

Danica01
07-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Schedules always help. They give you something to follow and look forward to. I think it is a great idea and make sure you leave a little room for fun and rest in your day :veryhappy:

ritzbit
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I've been trying to read big chunks of my books during the day and then after dinner I work on all the questions on those sections. I've barely made a dent in my work though lol

widebody
07-29-2009, 06:57 PM
hey ritz,
i'm sorry to hear you're having a rough week...and just as sorry to hear that you find Grapes of Wrath boring! :) Stick with it, though - it's a great book. And you know what -if you're just too tired to read it, try watching the movie (it's OLD, you may be able to get it at a library or a big video rental store/netflix -- def not Redbox!). It might make it easier to read the book and do your report once you've seen it.

And sandy's advice is excellent - eat the elephant one bite at a time. Don't worry about how big it is, just keep chewing...:)

ritzbit
07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
I really dont see how its a good book lol unless it gets better after the begining becuz I've been trying to get past chapter 7 for quite awhile and it just keeps saying the same things over and over and over that seem completely pointless and Im just bored to tears reading it. Maybe I will find that movie lol

crmj1183
07-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Hey Rizbit,

Its Thursday and I hope ur week is looking better..... Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Chriss

ritzbit
07-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Im feeling a little better thank you =)

Its been raining for days, and I just want to dance in it! lol but it'll be too cold