PDA

View Full Version : What does your username mean?

Spanglishqueen
07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I started this thread because I love user names. A user name tells a lot about a person regardless of whether it's just your name or not. By using just your name you are pretty much revealing yourself to the world as you are ..straightforward nothing to hide. More creative user names indicates something you are fond of whether its a memory or part of your heritage.

So share the story behind your user name.

My user name is Spanglishqueen:

Well I'm Puerto Rican, I was born in Puerto Rico and raised in TN. I grew up in a household in which my parents encouraged us to speak both languages. When I didn't know a word in English I'd say it in Spanish. Therefore I ended up speaking a combination of both languages hence the word Spanglish. And since I did it so often even with my Spanish clients I became Spanglish queen.

So muchas gracias everybody for listening to me.:laugh:

crmj1183
07-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, Spanglishqueen,

CRMJ1183- These are my initials of my full name and the month and year in which I was born.... Christian Rose Marie Jennings, November 1983. Thats me.
All my friends call me Chriss, I was thinking about changing my name on my profile to that. So I guess you can say Im in disgusie but not really because that is my actual name.

Crmj1183, Thats me.... Chriss:cute::cute:

ButterflyRN
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Mine is pretty simple
I love Butterflies! (and it just happens that we have a disease that gives us a butterfly rash)
I am an Nurse!

Leksie
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
My username comes from my high school years...me and my girls made nicknames for ourselves based on cars we wished we owned...LOL mine was a Lexus but we had to make it ghetto beautiful so I became Leksie (pronounced Lexy, spelling is different because it looks better graffitied) my bestfriend was Sadie after Mercedes and so on... These were the best years of my life and Leksie is just an alias (usually was for the ugly boys:laugh:) but I like the ambiguity of it for online use. I've warmed up to you all so now you'll see me as my friends do...Natasha

Rastagirl
07-24-2009, 05:31 PM
What fun!!

This is a great thread, Spanglishqueen. I am very much a "name" person....I agree, I get a feel for people by their name...real and screen names.

I go ahead and use both of my names on here now, but when I first joined, because this was the first forum I'd ever been on, I remained anonymously, Rastagirl, for awhile.

Where did Rastagirl come from....... ???????

I am a HUGE, HUGE Bob Marley fan!!!! :grin69:

And I absolutely LOVE Jamaica!! And Reggae!!

Last year when I joined this forum, I was planning my first trip to Jamaica....a dream-come-true, 25th wedding anniversary trip. So, after pondering a few screen names, Rastagirl kind of felt natural to me. It also felt positive and uplifting, after going through so much misery and pain and suffering through my life with Lupus. I wanted something in keeping with my positive mental attitude. Without that.....I would be nowhere!

Oh, and that trip to Jamaica last June was the most amazing time I've ever had, anywhere in this world.

*she sings* ♫♪♪♫•**•.❤.•**•♫♪♪♫ "One Heart....One Love....Let's get together and feel all right......."

Spread the Love :heart:

:cool2: Lori.... a.k.a. Rastagirl

Grime
07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
How did I come by Grime. Nope its not like dirt. Our youngest had it one his truck plate so I stole it from him. It comes from our last name Grimm like the fairy tales. I should have used a capitol E so it would be GrimE. You would say Grimm-eeeee.

Rastagirl
07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, Spanglishqueen,

CRMJ1183- These are my initials of my full name and the month and year in which I was born.... Christian Rose Marie Jennings, November 1983. Thats me.
All my friends call me Chriss, I was thinking about changing my name on my profile to that. So I guess you can say Im in disgusie but not really because that is my actual name.

Christian Rose Marie Jennings..... I LOVE IT!!

Your name is beautiful! :heart:

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

magistramarla
07-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Hey all,
I like this thread. Thanks for starting it, SpanglishQueen.
MagistraMarla comes from my profession and my first name.
Magistra is Latin for teacher (feminine form) and I am a Latin teacher.
Marla is my first name.
Gratias tibi ago, (thank you)
Marla

debbie-b
07-24-2009, 05:55 PM
My first initials from my first, second and last name are D.E.B. My real name is Dagmar( I am German), nobody can ever pronounce it and everybody always says " Your name is WHAT?" So I made Debbie out of D.E.B.

Debbie ( Dagmar)

SandyR
07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Mine is real simple. My first name + first letter of last name. Up front. Like me. :yes:

Pearl
07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Pearl -

The nickname of a favorite horse of mine;pearls of wisdom; something beautiful from a grain of sand.

BadFlareDay
07-24-2009, 08:10 PM
I've used mine for many things. I first used it when I started my Lupus store. I was having a bad flare at the time and the name just seemed fitting. It is also the name of my Twitter page.

red246
07-24-2009, 08:42 PM
I like this thread! Mine is Red because I'm Little Red Riding Hood, 246 stands for 2 boys/girls/adults, 4 children, 6 total!

brandichi
07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
When I joined, I saw there was already a member named Cheryl, so I used the name brandichi, which is what I use for one of my e-mail addresses. It's from my dog's name, Brandi, and she's a Chihuahua. I put my real name on my signature and wrote that I'm Brandi's mom there too.

abbasgirl
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
This is fun! Great idea Spanglishqueen!

Abba is used in the Bible, meaning Father. I'm so grateful that He loves us as daughters and sons.

kducks
07-24-2009, 11:35 PM
I've been some form of kducks since I started using the internet and had to make up a email address. The K stands for my first name intial - Kim, the ducks part stands for my favorite hockey team - The Anaheim Ducks. Just a obsessive hockey fan here. :laugh:

Rastagirl
07-24-2009, 11:40 PM
I've been some form of kducks since I started using the internet and had to make up a email address. The K stands for my first name intial - Kim, the ducks part stands for my favorite hockey team - The Anaheim Ducks. Just a obsessive hockey fan here. :laugh:

Aww...Kim....and all this time I thought you were a University of Oregon, "Ducks" Football fan. :laugh2:

Luv ya, KimDucks :heart:

iseedeadmonkeys
07-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Im gonna be boring and not tell you what my user name means, as i cant really be doing with hassle from it again.......dont wanna get into anymore trouble lol

another user name i use is Popsy, that name was given to me by my old boss and it stems from pop stars (the reality programme) used to drive me mad her singing "pop pop do waaaa" at my face then popsy was born...

ISDM

Jerzi
07-25-2009, 03:28 AM
You all have some interesting name stories.
Mine's just a nickname given to be by my friends. Apparently, I have this accent sometimes and it makes them think "New Jersey". Now, I'm just pretty well known as "Jerzi". I've accepted it, haha.

Monique89
07-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Mines boring.
Monique is my name. I was born in 1989. Exciting huh?

tiggerlishus - Heidi
07-25-2009, 05:09 AM
ahhh what a great thread

mine is quite precular well first half is tiggerlishus before i found this site i was also on a dating website and when i joined up i wanted soemthing different so mysister sat here racknig our brains i am quite a winne poo fan but love eeyore much more than tigger but when i did work i was known for when i was full of energy for bouncing round the office going @bouncings what tiggers do best!! boing boing boing' soo to turn something quite kiddish in to sexy we came up with tiggerlishus which sort sum me up kiddish but sexy lmao :-) :-)

and second half Heidi thats my first name ( my mum choose this cause it was her fav film!) so there you go story behind my name up

looking forward to reading more of yours xxx

rob
07-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Mine is pretty simple. Rob is short for my first name Robert. A few years ago I wrote some opinion and guest articles for a couple of different magazines, and in an effort to stay somewhat anonymous and avoid too many kooks calling/bugging me I dropped my last name and just went by my first name and my middle name which is Banks-Rob Banks. But, that didn't work well as I had all sorts of people ask me if Rob Banks was my name, or my profession! So, my pen name was Robert Banks.

Oluwa
07-25-2009, 06:55 AM
What's in a name....

Ikeoluwa shortened...Oluwa...pronunced E-kay-Oh-loo-wha. Meaning God has authority over me, in His care in Yoruba. My Mum-in-law, who is Nigerian gave me that name.

I've tried to learn Yoruba, but my tongue just doesn't roll that way. I laugh, they laugh when I try. I just know really one or two words..beeni. Means yes. Been means okay..

Love,
Oluwa

crmj1183
07-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanx Lori,

Everybody always expects a boy when they see my name in paper. My mom spelled it like a boy Christian, Rose Marie is after my Great Grandmother, may her soul r.i.p.

I love Bob Marley too!!!! He is awesome:yes:

Chriss

Spanglishqueen
07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Awesome!!! I thank all of you for sharing...I think we learned a lot about each other in this fun little thread. Chriss Your name is absolutely beautiful. Love Abas and Oluwa how your names including spiritual meaning. KDucks hahah I guess that now explains the pic. :cute: Natasha love the "ghettofied" Lexus. Jerzi are you from NJ or just have the accent? Tiger did you have to knock 'em back with a stick? (that is sexy and fun). Rasta that is a great story I too love Jamaica. Rob that's a cute story I can see how people spamming you constantly about robbing banks got old quick :yes: Butterfly cute spin on your hobby and the rash. I love how you made it into a positive. GrimE love it! Magistra that is very creative name showing a love for your profession. Pearl I would have never thought your name was inspired by a horse..they are beautiful animals...but I fear them. :sad2: Dagmar is a beautiful name love how you simplified the name for us American folk my maiden name was Sanabria can you guess how many times it got messed up:laugh: Sandy and Monique I love your boldness and straightforwardness tells me a lot about you. Which I already could tell from your Threads.

By the way I finally figured out how to do a signature LOL

rob
07-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Well, Spanglishqueen,

That, is a cool name! Just think, a few years down the road, your office could be called "The Law Offices of Christian Rose Marie Jennings". That has a nice ring to it.

leaann
07-25-2009, 09:22 AM
My name is simple to, it is my first name and my middle name... I don't use my middle name any longer and most people call me Leah which is wrong, it my be spelled Lea (but it is pronounced as Lee) Like I tell people it's like the jean company....

It's that simple Leaann

Saysusie
07-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I love this thread. I truly enjoyed reading about everyone's user names and how they were inspired! I knew there was a reason that "Oluwa" made me feel so calm and at peace!!
My user name is very simple. My nickname is Susie, I've been called that all of my life. The "Say" part is a part of the last name belonging to a very dear friend who I lost. So, in remembrance of that friend, I use "Saysusie" as my user name!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Rastagirl
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
What's in a name....

Ikeoluwa shortened...Oluwa...pronunced E-kay-Oh-loo-wha. Meaning God has authority over me, in His care in Yoruba. My Mum-in-law, who is Nigerian gave me that name.

I've tried to learn Yoruba, but my tongue just doesn't roll that way. I laugh, they laugh when I try. I just know really one or two words..beeni. Means yes. Been means okay..

Love,
Oluwa

Finally!! The question has been answered. Ever since I joined here, I've wondered about the name Oluwa.....it's a beautiful name....and felt spiritual to me. And definitely unique.

Now I understand.....thanks for sharing it with us, Ikeoluwa. :angelic:

You, and your name, are inspiring.

crmj1183
07-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah Rob, Thats exactly what I had in mind:yes::yes:

You might see that name in Politics:shocked:, DUM, DUM, DUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

LOL, LOL, LOL.... (SINISTER LAUGH)

CHRISS!

kducks
07-25-2009, 12:28 PM
KDucks hahah I guess that now explains the pic. :cute:

Yeah I took the picture of my guy and I during a playoff game earlier this year. I had a temporary tattoo on my face with the Ducks logo. :laugh:

magistramarla
07-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Im gonna be boring and not tell you what my user name means, as i cant really be doing with hassle from it again.......dont wanna get into anymore trouble lol

ISDM

Okay, Jane
Now you've made us even more curious. I'm guessing that it came from the film in which a character says "I see dead people". One can only guess where the monkeys came from!
Marla

rob
07-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh yeah Rob, Thats exactly what I had in mind:yes::yes:

You might see that name in Politics:shocked:, DUM, DUM, DUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

LOL, LOL, LOL.... (SINISTER LAUGH)

CHRISS!

Senator Jennings, hmmm. Supreme Court Justice Jennings? That sounds pretty good. But, I think President Jennings might be the best!

Bonita
07-25-2009, 01:39 PM
My real name is Bonita and i always hated it going to school so i usually go by Bonnie and i really do not know why i signed it Bonita. But i am glad that i am part of the site. This whole month of July has not been a good one for the lupus and myositis I have been told that Bonita means beautifull but that is in the beholders sight

NoodleMom
07-25-2009, 03:02 PM
I parent noodles!

My name came from a friend of mine. It is a play off my last name. Many years ago when my children and I arrived at an event she would always holler out "here come the Noodlemans!" If we are the NoodleMans and I am the Mom then I am NoodleMom.

K

Lala
07-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Years ago I did child care, Laura is a hard name to say..Lala is easy for kids plus I can be off to lala land lol

Rastagirl
07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Awesome!!! I thank all of you for sharing...I think we learned a lot about each other in this fun little thread. Chriss Your name is absolutely beautiful. Love Abas and Oluwa how your names including spiritual meaning. KDucks hahah I guess that now explains the pic. Natasha love the "ghettofied" Lexus. Jerzi are you from NJ or just have the accent? Tiger did you have to knock 'em back with a stick? (that is sexy and fun). Rasta that is a great story I too love Jamaica. Rob that's a cute story I can see how people spamming you constantly about robbing banks got old quick :yes: Butterfly cute spin on your hobby and the rash. I love how you made it into a positive. GrimE love it! Magistra that is very creative name showing a love for your profession. Pearl I would have never thought your name was inspired by a horse..they are beautiful animals...but I fear them. Dagmar is a beautiful name love how you simplified the name for us American folk my maiden name was Sanabria can you guess how many times it got messed up:laugh: Sandy and Monique I love your boldness and straightforwardness tells me a lot about you. Which I already could tell from your Threads.

By the way I finally figured out how to do a signature LOL

Nice to officially "meet" you, Brenda...... :yes:

Thanks for this thread....I love it!

You brought quite a few people out from hiding behind their names.

Danica01
07-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Well, mine is very simple and easy.......Danica is my first name and I put 01 after it because that is the user name I use for everything I have to log onto! I have brain fog so bad that I thought if all my user names were the same they would be easier to remember :veryhappy:

mountaindreamer
07-27-2009, 05:33 AM
wow, what a great thread....thanks spanglishqueen.

Oluwa - thanks for explaining and for showing us correct pronunciation, i have always been worried that i was verbally butchering your name.

saysusie....your story touched my heart....i too have lost a very close friend, and what a wonderful tribute you have given your friend.

mine is really simple....i love the mountains, i feel complete cleansing when i loose myself among the powerful mountain peaks. I dream of someday being a permanent resident among these majestic powers.

gina
07-27-2009, 09:12 AM
i use my nickname to my first name which is regina but my friends call me gina.

NoodleMom
07-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Yea mine is stupid, I know. :embarrassed:

abbasgirl
07-27-2009, 02:19 PM
I love Noodlemom!

I think that's cute! You parent noodles...lol..that's cute.

Heidi...I'm a big pooh fan also. I like how you made your user name too.

Spanglishqueen
07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice to officially "meet" you, Brenda...... :yes:

Thanks for this thread....I love it!

You brought quite a few people out from hiding behind their names.

Hiya Lori,

Well I officially came out of my shell a few threads back but I could never remember to put my real name at the bottom LOL then I went back to your mighty wisdom and figured out how to set up a signature so it always shows. :laugh:

BonusMom
09-30-2009, 05:49 AM
My husband's daughter gave me my user name several years ago. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling the love from her of late, so I feel like a fraud when I log in :( Because her mother likes to delve in to my business, I can't use my given name when I post on the forum (but I do if I PM you :) )

That reminds me.....can I change my user name without setting up a new user account/profile?

bunnie
09-30-2009, 03:35 PM
What a great thread this is.. I really enjoyed reading all the backgrounds to the usernames!
My username "bunnie" is what my Husband calls me. It actually started as "Bunnie-butt"... cause he thought I had a cute butt! LOL, TMI!! Eventually it got shortened to bunnie, and now even some of my close friends call me that!
Take care,
Deb:cute:

pandagirl
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Love the thread...I am a huge fan of the Giant Panda. I think I know a lot about my personality from this.. things to me must be "black and white"..no gray matter. I don't like unfinished business or unclear answers.

luvpinkpeeps
02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I have enjoyed reading this thread, nice distraction from my Urology appt tomorrow.........

My user name just means that I love those pink marshmallow peeps that come out around Easter time. :)

porchy
02-03-2010, 03:02 AM
My nickname is the shortened version of the full nickname, "porchsitter".......which comes from a quite a few summers ago when all I could do was sit on my front porch and watch the world go by while I was laid up with severe plantar fasciitis & tendinitis in my feet. A friend started calling me "porchy" instead of "porchsitter" and I still find myself a porch sitter yet today, since my feet are trashed and have been in bad shape for almost 6 years. Of course, I don't sit on the porch during the winter months, although the thought of plunging my burning bare feet into the snow does sound quite delicious at times!

Numpty
02-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Well my really good friends call me Numpty because I generally do lots of silly things (like forgetting imporant things and then only realising when someone asks me about it and when its usually too late to do anything about it) and it sort of stuck. When we play video games (well mainly just World of Warcraft) they introduce me to people as Numpty and when asked what it means, they say 'Numpty means stupid, but in a completely loveable way' and I just love that idea. Loveably stupid! That's me! The proper meaning of the word Numpty is in my signature ~lol~

Samo
02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Hey Guys!!

Been gone for a wee bit because work has been busy. Amazing how working a few extra hours each day makes it unbearable by the end of the day. Nice thread...I am always intrigued how people select their names and what it says about them.
Samo was my last name before I got married. I use Samo as a username because everyone knew my father as Samo. My father was my whole world and he died when I was 17 from lung cancer. Using his name is one of the many ways I keep his memory alive.

Samo

DrinkofWtr
02-12-2010, 11:19 AM
My username means life sustaining and refreshment. We all need water for life. Also it has another meaning to me. It also means being human with thoughts, feeling, frailties, and faults.

wolfwhisper
02-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I got my user name because I love wolves, and get along well with dogs (like the big ones best although I own a maltese mix). Whisper came from the fact that I didn't like the 'R' at the end of the name, and I'm often talking with dogs. They don't answer, but I like the conversations! Now though, I think I need to change wolf with cat since my dad's cat loves to lay on my lap and follows me around the house. He's a major pain when the computer gets more attention than him. he starts crawling on my chest so I can't see over him and rubs his face on the edge, trying to knock it off of my lap. His name is Booger for a reason! lol

froggal
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone!!! I havent been on in FOREVER!!! Nice to see everyone replying to such a fun thread! Well lets see . . . my name comes from my obvious love of frogs. I have been collecting them since I was about 4-5. Frogs are adorable creatures who just love to be left alone. If you "bug" them, they just eat you!! What a great way to live life!! We have a "frog" room in our home, and that is where all of my frogs go. I have every frog imaginable. When my daughter was around 2 she sorta dubbed me the "frog girl' but because she was little and just learning to talk it came out gal instead of girl. It just kinda stuck. All of my jerseys for softball and volleyball leagues always say froggal on the back!!

kim,l
02-12-2010, 05:52 PM
mine just means my first name and my middle name which is leanne hugs kim l

Nonna
02-13-2010, 04:27 AM
I'm glad someone found this thread and posted on it, it is so interest to read all your reasons. I'm not an out going person. So I choose what I am. Nonna is Italian for grandmother. I chose to have my grandchildren call me that to honor my father's family. Also becausemy oldest grandson has many many Granmas. I'll hide behind Nonna until I feel more secure wtb myself.

Cyber Hugs and Love to all,
nonna
:wideeyed:

abbasgirl
02-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Froggal, my daughter grew to love frogs as a little girl. She was given a book titled Philippe in Monet's Garden, that came with a cute stuffed Phillipe frog, and fell in love with them. It's a story about a frog that lives in the garden belonging to the artist. I remember when we were moving our pool one summer from the front yard to the back...one morning we found all these tadpoles. There were SO many. She worked hard all day long to move them all to a safe place and kept some in a container in her room to be their mama frog. It's a sweet memory. Girls who love frogs are few. It's good to read posts from you.

Nonna, I think that is so sweet! Hugs and love back at ya. I hope you are feeling better.

magistramarla
02-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Nonna,
I love your name and I would love to spend time in your kitchen with you. I love to cook Italian meals! And being a grandmother is the best thing there is in the world - I have three wonderful grandsons.
Hugs,
Marla

Bonita
02-14-2010, 11:01 AM
My sister-in-laws grandchildren call her Nonna and i think it is neat and she cooks wonderfull Italian meals her Dad my father-in-law was from Italy and she has the trunk they came over with and restored it. It is beautifull. Bonita

mabeljane
02-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi my user name is my maternal grandmother's name. I loved her dearly, and its a way of seeing her name again!!!

Nonna
02-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks, I'm feeling better, I'm back on pred and doing better