PDA

View Full Version : sores inside nose???

Jewelz
07-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Anybody out there with sores or ulcerations inside the nose? If so, how do you get them to heal? I've had mine since about Feb.

I'm getting a biopsy on Monday of next week and am curious if anyone else deals with these.

I am still waiting for a firm Dx of Lupus and am thinking this biopsy might confirm it.

Thank you!
Jewelz

red246
07-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Jewelz,

I had one sore inside my nose. It was in between rheumy appts and was part of the reason she finally said that I have Lupus. Like I just needed one more symptom for her to finally say it. Mine wasn't too bad I guess. It just felt like I constantly had something stuck in my nose. By the time I went to see her it was gone. Sorry I can't be of help as far as what to do for it. Hope you get some answers & relief!

Angel Oliver
07-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Yes ive had them.When i get them they seem to stay along time.The last one i had it was there over a year.The doctor then gave me some antibiotic cream,then it slowly went away.Its a while since i had one,but it stings and bleeds. Ask your pharmacy or doctor,they will be able to help you with cream...its a special cream that sticks to the sore n heals it.Thats what i did anyway.Hope it heals soon.Hope this also helps you get a diagnosis too.

love Amanda.xxxx

crmj1183
07-23-2009, 06:48 AM
I get sore in my nise but I thought it was because i picked it too much:laugh:
No, seriously I do get them but my dermotologist gave me this oint ment that heals stuff real quicj so I justust use that, its an iontment with antibiotic in it

I hope ypur nose heals soon
Chriss

Oluwa
07-23-2009, 07:10 AM
I do/did.....since I've been on Plaquenil they have almost stopped all together. When I did get them they only last about 2 weeks at the most as I recall....it has been a while.

Stress...made those things grow in me, on me...

I recently experience my first mouth ulcers...

Love,
Oluwa

Ang123
07-23-2009, 08:22 AM
I've gotten them also in the past but it's been a while. Never thought of the lupus connection for those! Mine sometimes seemed to last a long time but I never mentioned them to a doctor so never had any cream or anything to try to get them to go away. Hope yours goes away soon!

Ang

Oluwa
07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Ang..nose ulcers, mouth ulcers are a symptom of Lupus and are one of the ACR criteria for diagnosing Lupus.

L.
O.

Ang123
07-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks Oluwa. I'm slowly learning that it's best to mention EVERY little symptom to doctors. You just never know what is a clue that would get you diagnosed more quickly.

Ang

Jewelz
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
My appointment to have my nose biopsied is on Monday - 9:30am

Thanks for all your replies!!! So appreciate the warm welcome I've experienced here!

jewelz

SandyR
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I do but not often. Mouth too. Nose is worse when sinuses are bad so I don't know if it is the sinuses for me or not. I use a little neosporin (wonder drug of the world!) and some sinus nose spray and it (usually) goes away in a week or 2.

kitkatcandybar
07-24-2009, 06:48 PM
never had those. Be sure to share your results though. I get sores on my scalp, hairline and joints. Be curious to hear what they recommend to you for your sores even though in different location.

scubagramplit
08-02-2009, 06:30 AM
have had soar in my right nostril for probably 7 years never really goes away just a lot worse at times than others. It seems that when I am in a more humid climate it doesn't bother me as bad.

ginlyn
08-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi
I also get the nose ulcers instead of the mouth Ulcers, They drive me crazy. The hard part is to have all what is needed to get the diagnoses which I don't have because I am still looking for a new Rheumy specific to knowing Lupus is how to connect the dots, put the puzzle together and what to look for. I was diagnosed almost 8 yrs ago with RA, But I have not been on any meds since Feb of this year, pretty much all my symptoms are pointing to Lupus not RA.
But I get those nose sores they take months to go away and they drive you crazy all at once. I hope you start feeling better. I hope you can be put on a med to help them go away faster.
Ginlyn