PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sickness

DrinkofWtr
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I was wondering if there is any connection between lupus and motion sickness. I, for one, have it really bad. I want to go to the Channel Islands and go camping out there on Santa Cruz Island for a few days, but I know I will have to talk to my Dr. about it and get a prescription for sea sickness medication. I hope the side effects won't be bad. If anyone knows of a prescrption or over-the-counter motion sickness medicine that has little or no side effects, please let me know.

Danica01
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
That would be an amazing trip and you must go!!!! As for motion sickness and Lupus being connected, I am not sure. I do not suffer from motion sickness but I do struggle with Vertigo every once in awhile. Here is a link to some information regarding which meds to take over the counter to help:

http://www.shopping.com/xDN-health_aids--over_the_counter_medicine-motion_sickness

My step mom suffers from severe motion sickness. She even has to be careful what movies she goes and sees. If there is a lot of movement she will feel very sick in the theater. She does not take a prescription. She uses Dramamine and it seems to really work for her. You should try it and see if it helps!!!!!!!

Keep us posted on how you are feeling and if you are going to make the trip or not.....go go goooooooooooo!!!!! I am sending you thoughts of a motion sickness free trip and lots of hugs :hug:

wrightrs
07-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Dramamine works best for me. I Went on a cruse one time and got a prescription for the patches you wear behind you ear. They didn't work for me at all. When we first got on the ship. We had a breakfast buffet. Great food. But when I started walk around. I started getting sick I went to the cabin and was sick all the way to the Bahamas. I went to the First aid and they gave me some Dramamine. When I got off the ship I start to get better. I was worried about the trip back. But the Dramamine worked fine. It aways has worked for me every since I was little. So from now on that's what I will take. I not sure if lupus has anything to do with this or not.

crmj1183
07-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Drnkofwtr,

I dont think motion sickness has anything to do with lupus, I love the water and go out on the water a few times a week and I dont haave any problems. I think its just motion sickness some people get it and some people don't. Maybe your doctor can recommend something for you. I hope you have a great trip without motion sickness. Enjoy yourself you deserve it.

Chriss

iseedeadmonkeys
07-23-2009, 07:28 AM
water...

I get terrible motion sickness myself its yuk happens everytime i get into a car or such, even the thought of it i can feel sickness coming on!

Before you try any sickness pills have you ever tried sea bands? you can get them in most pharmacies they are like sweat bands obv wear on the wrist they have a little dimple on them that sticks into your pressure point on the inside of your wrist, they are great i use them for travel and mtx days...i now swear by them and dont need to ask drs to take yet another pill to make me feel better.

anyway just a thought

ISDM
xxx

Grime
07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Ginger is what Lisa uses. I don't get motion sickness. I would get some ginger ale, ginger snaps. We have some on the boat and for the life of me I can't remember the brand name. I'll be going to the boat tomorrow and will post the brand name. They work really good. Eat them slowly that way the ginger gets in your system sooner. I know that doesn't make since but it will absorb thru the glans in your mouth and go to work. There is also a pill that is for energy that is ginger. Lisa buys them in the convenience store here. We've seen them from Montana to Texas so I would think you have them out there.

I didn't read the whole thread so if this was mention before sorry. There is also a bracelet that is supposed to work. Suppose to work on a pressure point. Stay out of going down below. Stay in the cockpit. Going down below makes it worse. Look out and do not focus on anything close.

No beer, wine or rum. Can make you sicker.
Stay covered up and use plenty of sunscreen and you will do great. Forget the fashion show thing its all about having a blast and not having a flare.

Hope this help and have a great time out.