PDA

View Full Version : New Meds, New DX

Delphinia981
07-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Well, I still have SLE...heh.

However, I've also been diagnosed with Raynaud's (ugh)...and my doc has put me on Plaquenil. He gave me a steroid injection to take the edge off 'til the meds kick in. I'm still on Clinoril, however.

I had a flare so bad on Friday that I had to go to the ER for IV Dilaudid. I felt like a drug seeker, but they were very good with me (also probably because I used to work there, and they know how I suffer) and took excellent care of me.

Just seems the Lupus train is chugging on with me on it...just waiting and hoping for a cure... :yes:

SandyR
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Carrie,
You're not alone in that drug seeker feeling. I am so afraid that I am going to be called that or a hypochondriac one day, but deep down, I know that's not it. Heck, I don't even take the fish oil!
Glad to hear they treated you well. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.
Sandy

crmj1183
07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Plaquenil is good for you to take so you will begin to feel better soon thank God, and Dilaudid, Dilaudid, Dilaudid, Dilaudid, Dilaudid, I love Dilaudid!!!! Man i just love it and I love it in the IV, so I know your feeling much better. When The plaquenil kicks in you will be back to your old self in no time. Oh and who is this adorable little girl in the picture everytime i see her I just wanna pinch her little cheeks she is soooooo cute!

She is absolutely gorgeous!
Chriss

Delphinia981
07-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Thank you, Sandy & Chriss!! The little moppet in my picture is my little Annie...she's my sweetheart. Three going on thirty...let me tell you!!

Danica01
07-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I am sorry you are feeling yucky but once the meds kick in you will feel much better. It could take a little bit of time so do not give up.....I know they will work. I am with you on the meds search. The methotrexate works well for me but just knowing that I am poisoning my body every week is tough. I just hope they have a break through and push new meds for Lupus through as soon as possible. We have to hold on to hope......it is the only way to get through. I am thinking of you tonight and sending you thoughts of a pain free evening. Gentle hugs for you :hug: