PDA

View Full Version : For our loved ones..........

Danica01
07-21-2009, 01:41 AM
I saw an interview with Rob Thomas a few weeks ago. He was talking about his new song and how he wrote it for his wife because she suffers from an auto-immune disease. I thought the words were so appropriate for a lot of us and made me really think about Tim and how he must feel going through all of this.

Oh what the hell she says I just canít win for losing
And she lays back down
Man thereís so many times I donít know what Iím doing
Like I donít know now

By the light of the moon she rubs her eyes
Says itís funny how the night
Can make you blind
I can just imagine

And I donít know what Iím supposed to do
But if she feels bad then I do too
So I let her be

And she says uuuh
I canít take no more
Her tears like diamonds on the floor
And her diamonds bring me down
Cause I canít help her now
Sheís down in it
She tried her best and now she canít win itís
Hard to see them on the ground
Her diamonds falling down

She sits down and stares into the distance
And it takes all night
And I know I could break her concentration
Oooh but it donít feel right

By the light of the moon she rubs her eyes
Sits down on the bed and starts to cry
And thereís something less about her
And I donít know what Iím supposed to do
So I sit down and I cry too
Donít let her see

And she says uuuh
I canít take no more
Sheís down in it

She shuts out the night
Tries to close her eyes
If she can find daylight
Sheíll be all right
Sheíll be all right
Just not tonight

And she says oooh
I canít take no more
Sheís down in it

I canít take no more
Diamonds on the floor

I canít take this diamonds falling down

dassar RN
07-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Hi Danica,
I actually saw the same interview, the song is awesome.

Dassar RN

mountaindreamer
07-21-2009, 05:52 AM
hi danica,

i also saw the interview....i want to get a copy of the song....thanks for the lyrics.

Danica01
07-22-2009, 02:03 AM
It is beautiful and hits home for so many of us :veryhappy:

ButterflyRN
07-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks for sharing Danica! I've heard the song on the radio but have not fully paid attention all the lyrics and did not see the interview! I'll have to download the song!

Saysusie
07-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Beautiful lyrics and so on point. I like the perspective of the loved one feeling helpless about his wife's illness. I'm sure that many our loved ones feel the exact same way. Diamonds on the floor is such a beautiful way to describe how precious her tears are to him! I'd love to hear him sing it, do you know the name of the song?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
07-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Beautiful lyrics and so on point. I like the perspective of the loved one feeling helpless about his wife's illness. I'm sure that many our loved ones feel the exact same way. Diamonds on the floor is such a beautiful way to describe how precious her tears are to him! I'd love to hear him sing it, do you know the name of the song?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Hi Saysusie,

I think it is called "Her Diamonds".

Debbie

Ang123
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I love that song! I didn't pay much attention to it until I heard that Rob Thomas wrote it for his wife but now my kids call it "Mom's song" and know to be quiet while it's on the radio! LOL

Ang

Saysusie
07-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Thank You, I couldn't find it under "Her Diamonds". I'll try variations or maybe some of the lyrics to see if I can find it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

kducks
07-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Thank You, I couldn't find it under "Her Diamonds". I'll try variations or maybe some of the lyrics to see if I can find it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

It is "Her Diamonds" Saysusie, it is on his latest album Cradlesong if that helps any.

Rastagirl
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for sharing this Danica.....

I just listened to the song...cried some tears for his wife, and all of us......as well as our loved ones that must endure.

.....and then downloaded it to my MP3 player.

:cool2: Lori

stoney
07-26-2009, 07:33 AM
yeah it does make u pretty helpless bec all u can do for ur loved when u see them suffering is hold them and tell them that u love them; that u r fighting with them; tend a bit to them. ive lost count of the times ive felt that way with jane and mj (when he had leukeamia). so many times ive wished i could have it (lupus/leukeamia) for them even if just for a week to give them a 'normal' week, free from medication, free from the side effect of the meds, free from worrying if that person next to them is going to make them ill and free from the pain. i think part of the reason is also to understand what it is like..altho i dont tend to post anything on here i do read stuff but obv can never understand what u guys go thro as much as i want to. i try to empathise as best as i can but feel a bit 'false' because i cant sit and say how it feels; i just know what i see jane go through.
xx

Danica01
07-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks for sharing this Danica.....

I just listened to the song...cried some tears for his wife, and all of us......as well as our loved ones that must endure.

.....and then downloaded it to my MP3 player.

:cool2: Lori

I am happy you love it and saw it for what it was. My heart breaks when he talks so lovingly about his sick wife. It reminded me of Tim.

iseedeadmonkeys
07-27-2009, 04:37 AM
yeah it does make u pretty helpless bec all u can do for ur loved when u see them suffering is hold them and tell them that u love them; that u r fighting with them; tend a bit to them. ive lost count of the times ive felt that way with jane and mj (when he had leukeamia). so many times ive wished i could have it (lupus/leukeamia) for them even if just for a week to give them a 'normal' week, free from medication, free from the side effect of the meds, free from worrying if that person next to them is going to make them ill and free from the pain. i think part of the reason is also to understand what it is like..altho i dont tend to post anything on here i do read stuff but obv can never understand what u guys go thro as much as i want to. i try to empathise as best as i can but feel a bit 'false' because i cant sit and say how it feels; i just know what i see jane go through.
xx

You do know what its like...because you go through it with me, like ive said before this is all new to me, ive never had support or cuddles from ANYONE whilst ive been ill or crying in bed, i guess my family just tended to let me get on with things by myself, i love it when you hug me on sundays when i get emotional, and just tell me everything will be ok, I will have a med/pain free week in the future, im planning on spending the rest of my life with you...

I WILL NOT BE BEATEN BY THIS

So dont say you feel false, cause your far from that in my eyes, your another person who nos what it is like to live with LUPUS even tho you dont have it you still live with it.

All my love

Jane
xxxx

abbasgirl
07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Aw...Jane and Stoney... i had to get a kleenex...how touching. Very sweet!