PDA

View Full Version : Hair Falling Out - Itchy Head?

red246
07-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Okay, so my hair is falling out. Not too terribly upset about this. I figure if I have to choose between feeling better & my hair, yeah well, I guess you all can figure out which wins! :laugh: My hair has been thinning for quite a while, but since starting the Meth, it has really started coming out. Also have noticed, rather annoyingly, that my head itches!!!! It's driving me batty!!!! :arghh: It feels like I've got bugs crawling around on my head. I don't - I've checked! :3: Has anyone else had this problem? Does it stop? Any suggestions to alleviate the itch? :thinking:

Danica01
07-22-2009, 01:45 AM
My head is itching right now after reading your post :-) Even my forehead itches!!!!!!!! Just the thought of bugs crawling around on my head always makes it itchy! I do not have th problem of my hair falling out too much but I do get sores on my head they itch and hurt pretty bad. I have found that putting cortisone cream on them helps but makes your hair feel gross. Also, you may want to try using an anti-dandruff shampoo. Seltzon Blue will tingle when you put it on and it feels so good!!!!!! These have helped me with the sores. I also have found that I can not wash my hair everyday. It will make the sores worse and so I will wash my hair every other day to give my scalp a bit of a break. Well, try some of these and see if they help. Hopefully they will!!!!! Keep me posted on how it is going and let me know if you find anything else that really helps along the way!!!! I am sending you thoughts of a non itchy scalp tonight and lots of gentle hugs :hug:

Angel Oliver
07-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes a few months back i could feel bugs crawling.I hate bugs.I felt my hair was full of them.I was scratching and in the end i got my Mam to check my head for lice.NOTHING! My head was clear yet i felt it was full of creepy crawlers.
A few years ago had the same feeling and my hair did fall out,but it all grew back.
Maybe ask your doctor about it.He may be able to give you something to help you more.

Love Amanda.xxxxxx

red246
07-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Danica - Sorry I made your head itch! I don't have sores really, just little red bumps. They're almost like little pimples, but they're not. That's not what itches though - cuz they're just scattered and not many of them. I'll have to try the dandruff shampoo!

Amanda - Did you lose all your hair? I cut my hair off because it was thinning. Now that it's really coming out, I'm glad I did. It's not too bad today, just a little itchy!

I told God the other night, I didn't mind losing my hair if I felt better. But, could I PLEASSSE have curly hair when it comes back in!??!?:laugh:

Angel Oliver
07-23-2009, 06:59 AM
What happened was, i wore my hair in two platts. Someone mentioned to me my hair was spiked up.When i looked in the mirror,one of the sections of one of the platts had snapped off.So when i took my hair out of the platts i had a big nearly bald patch.I covered it up with different styles.The my scalp went creamy n soft.When i scratched my head id have white cream scalp under my nails.As the weeks went on,as i washed my hair,i swear i had big handfuls of hair.I was crying this day and asked thte hairdresser to come to my home.I could see from the expression from her face all was'nt good.She put some treatment on my hair.It didnt stop it coming out though.
Eventually after weeks of finding hair everywhere,it got too much.I went to the hairdressers and asked their advice.I left that day with a skin head,spiked a little,trendy cut. I felt naked.My ears n neck felt the cold...i was on show! I always hid behind my long hair.Washing my short hair felt odd,i could feel my skull.But you know what.....it was a blessing in disguise.I kept it short for years and only recently started to grow it again. When it was short,took 5 mins to wash it n style it.Now im growing it again,im hurting holding the hairdryer.
I know from experience how devastating at first you feel.But it does grow back.I am thinking again soon to go back short.I asked god for straight hair....instead its frizzy n curly :) But i aint grumbling,just glad it grew back.
Its not the end of the world.I had many styles,wore bandanas,tried a wig,caps,hats.Now im trying every style as its growing too.
Ask the doctor about your scalp,he maybe able to give you a medicated solution to help your scalp.But it could also be a side effect from a med you are taking,so ask the doctor.But try not to worry.Its easier when its short,i loved it so short.Ok i had a bald patch...who cares i couldnt see it lol...and it does grow back.I looked at it as a rest for me with the hairdryer.
Hope you get the help you need.
Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

crmj1183
07-23-2009, 07:22 AM
I know how you feel about the hair. Ive always had great hair, well I still do but it doesnt look as good thinning. But like you said .... you'd much rather be well than have a full head of hair. I just cut it so no one can really tell. Have you thought about wearing it short or is ti already short?

Chriss

gina
07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't have bugs. I do have hair falling out, after every shower have to clear drain or water won't go down. Hair all over my bathroom floor. My dr told me to cut it off but i won't leave it long and now for some reason it has gotten curly when my whole life had straight hair so i put gell on it scunch it and looks fuller than it is.

hope bugs go away soon call raid, lol

leaann
07-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi

I don't have the sores or the itching of the head but my hair is coming out just not that bad... What my problem is my hair is hard and stiff and crunchy... When I wash it I have to use lots of conditioner on it just to be able to comb it... this has got worse in the last year... I use a bottle of conditioner a week.... tried other products to see if they would work but haven't found anything yet and it's hard because I am alergic to most products...

sorry to hear about the hair loss... hope it gets better...