PDA

View Full Version : low energy

dassar RN
07-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to find out at what point do you exercise in terms of walking, etc. Today is a very low day for me and I was wondering on days like these do you do any form of exercise such as walking or do you wait until the symptoms subside. I am in the process of trying to put the flare up under control but it is taking a while.
I have been researching and found out that exercising is good........I can barely manage to hold my own today with low grade fever etc. it would not be wise.

Be positive
Dassar RN

Oluwa
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Dassar..

Always move in some form, every day even it is just stretching and work your way up to your favorite exercise and/or activity.

If you can walk 5 minutes...try...10 minutes great..and a warm pounding massaging shower afterwards can be wonderful. I then pop a Lortab before going to bed, so the pain won't wake me and I can roll over in bed...

I swim...as of late..Lupus is driving this vehicle. I've only swam twice this week..but I stretch every day...keeps from ending up like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz. And today isn't a good day for me, actually terrible...but I streeeeeeeeeeetched two sessions.

Love,
Oluwa

dassar RN
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks Oluwa, I actually will try doing some stretches now.

Dassar

mountaindreamer
07-20-2009, 05:13 PM
hi dassar,

yes, try every day to do some type of exercise. Sometimes walking to my mail box is the exercise for that day....we have to try to keep moving.

Oluwa
07-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Dassar..

Did you stretch to the stars....Robert Redford, Denzel, Leo, Brad Pitt?

Reach...reach....

Love,
Oluwa

dassar RN
07-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes I did Oluwa, it helped somewhat.

Thanks, only found Brad Pitt :yes:

Take care,
Dionne

Oluwa
07-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Each day, each stretch will help...keeps the blooding flow with oxygen...Oxygenating the muscles. I even stretch while sitting....while lying in bed...in the shower...

Sleep well...Dionne
Love,
OLuwa

dassar RN
07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks i will definitely try, you too

Dassar RN