PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy head!

lucky7
07-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone else has this WEIRD symptom that comes and goes depending on how bad my flare is. It sounds so CRAZY but for a while now ive noticed that when i have a REALLY BAD flare my head (especially around my forehead,along my hairline) gets LUMPY! UGH I kept thinking it was my imagination, that these bumps were ALWAYS there but i never noticed them. Well, ive been getting them WAY TOO MUCH on and off for way too long now. I even went around to my kids and husband feeling their head and, NOPE not there. They are LITERALLY like little (some BIG) hills on my head! I had them yesterday BUT they are gone again today. Is this my head bubbling under my scalp from when i get so HOT HEADED? JUst kidding obviously, but hey, i have to joke a little to make it through this disease! Thank You FRIENDS!!!!!

dassar RN
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi Lucky 7,
It is funny you should mention that as I have had these "bumps" around my hairline but thought it was the hair products. I decided to change them up and realize that it might be something having to do with this whole illness and treatments. It usually looks like "mini mountains" as my friend called it when i really feel sick I guess we all have "bumpy heads" :wacko:

You are not alone.

Hang in there, it is good that we can laugh about things like this.

Dassar RN:cute:

Oluwa
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I am roaring....I have a lumpy head too...oh, that is too weird. I even asked my husband to feel it. Mine feel like small soft eggies when you bump your head...

I say to him, feel, feel...my head is changing shape...

Too wild..
Love,
Oluwa

lucky7
07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
OH THANK GOSH YOU GUYS!!!!!! Seriously, i thought for so long that "no,you arent bumpy Jeannette, dont be silly!" But man, it happens EVERY time so i thought "OK, im gonna finally start a thread to see if anyone else could have little ants in little cars go BA HAing on THEIR heads too!" LOL Im just SO HAPPY im not alone!!! I wasnt sure if i even wanted to mention it cuz ive NEVER seen anyone say anything about it so i thought you guys would really THINK im a KOOK!!! LOL

mountaindreamer
07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
this is just beyond belief.

I too get little under-the-skin bumps and then they will disappear, so then i question whether or not i had imagined them. oh, hooray, this gives us another humorous thread to tell our bumpy head stories.

Oluwa
07-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Mine aren't little..they are like a fat deposit or a rolly cyst feeling. They are about a penny in daimeter - round eggy...Though in a flair without my Estee Lauder Lip Gloss.... I just did the rub down, I don't feel any today...

Are they bumps or lumps?

Mine are lumps...not like a pimple bump...

Love,
Olumpie

mountaindreamer
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
mine are about the size of a bb (as in bb gun) (sp), they usually appear behind and above my ear. They are soft and rolly.

Oluwa
07-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Humm..maybe mine ate more...

L.,
O.

lucky7
07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Heck Oluwa, i think mine ate more too!!! LOL Mine are BIG! LOL Mine are more like LUMPS not bumps! Some are even quarter size!!! Im so HAPPY that im not alone in this lumpy, bumpy journey!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!! MMMMMMEWWWWAAAAAA!!! Thats a BIG kiss to ALL of you!!!!! :barf2:

crmj1183
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Lumpy head was one of my first symptoms when I first was diagnosed with lupus. And YES I get them too, dont you just hate it?? It feels worse than it actually looks though. Sometimes I just wake up with it. Its always on my forehead by my hailine, wow I guess its weird because I never meant anyone else that gets this. Im really not alone.

Chriss

Danica01
07-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Ok........I know what the problem is here my friends......you are all too smart for your own good and your brain is trying to escape:-) I had to try and make you lumpy heads laugh!!!!! I not get those types of lumps but I will get sores all over my head. They come and go with my flares just like yours. It is so uncomfy and feels so weird! I hope all your lumps disappear soon and I will keep checking in and checking on all of you :hug: