PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I learned this weekend

leaann
07-20-2009, 10:38 AM
O.K. here's what I learned this weekend... I knew on monday of last week my husband and I were going out this weekend. So I decided to figure out what was going to work for me best so I could co out. bought lost of sunscreen incase we were out durning the day to see how that worked. Also bought lots of energy drinks. Then on about thursday decided to rest alot not much walking and using the hands which is a big problem for me right now...

Also decided that if I were going out to eat before I went and see if that helped... Also thought that if I were to go out needed to take hot baths and soak before going... sounds like lots of work. but wanted to know if all this would make a difference...

started preparing my self (hubby knew this) then also decided he wanted to know if it would change the effects.

Here's what I learned... Went out Saturday night about 530pm stayed out till about 1030pm... I had drink 3 energy drinks that day did not have much to eat and had taken 3 hot baths and one hot shower that day... had plenty of the rest thursday and friday... moderated stress less on saturday... and found out that it worked as far as going out but when the night was over and Sunday hit... It was horrible... woke up eyes swollen legs in pain ands swollen and could bearly walk... It felt like 110 degrees all day long with the air on as cold as I could get it...

It was like I prepared for one day to crash and burn the next...

biggeste part of what I learned what not what I learned but what my hsuabdn learned --- was that it helped to prepare for going out and also learned that it helped to prepare for everything I have to do...

I am doing better today just wish my ear would stop hurting me... some of the swelling has went down... but I am very tired even after sleeping over 11 hours of sleep last night...

Has life resorted to this... If I had to go on vacation for a week I would have to prepare a month before hand don't know how I could do that...

I learned how to live with my eating problems but the rest of this is crazy and has to go...

lucky7
07-20-2009, 03:15 PM
HI Lea!!! Hey, i just wanted to tell you that this might not hold true for everyone with Lupus BUT ive discovered that any type of DRINK or FOOD that increases my energy level FLARES me BAD. I can get a good workout in on the treadmill and with weights most days BUT i noticed i flare and/or am wiped out for the day not too long after. BUT it HELPS me in so many more ways than not. Drs recommend it as well. I believe its those unnatural drinks and foods that can mess us up.

Saysusie
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Part of your crash may be due to the three energy drinks..they are known for their rush & crash syndromes. They have this effect on healthy people, so I'm not at all surprised that they are intensified in those of us with compromised immune systems.
Instead of energy drinks, think about drinking natural juices, especially dark berry juices and/or acai. They will not give you the immediate rush, but they do help with energy.
I'm sorry that you suffered so. It happens to almost all of us. After any type of exertion, we have to be down for a day or two in order to recuperate. I hope that you feel better soon!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Danica01
07-21-2009, 01:45 AM
I am happy you had a good time and were able to go out and enjoy your time with your husband. I do agree with Saysusie about the energy drinks. Try drinking pomegranate juice.....it helps! I know it is hard to recuperate but it was worth it......I am sure your husband was so thankful that you tried and was probably even more loving the next day when you felt so bad. Hang in their love and I am thinking about you. I am sending you thoughts of a pain free night and lots of gentle hugs to get you through this little spell :hug:

crmj1183
07-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey leann,

Those energy drinks are great, but not that many in a day. One of the reasons is after you have an energy drink usually for me I crash after the effects have worn off. I dont know if its from the lupus or what but, Im really tired at the end of the day. Everything else sounds good, but I probably wouldnt drink that many energy drinks in a dAY.

Chriss

leaann
07-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi

I understand that the energy drinks may not have been a good idea for so many of them, but before if I had done nothing would have spent 4 days or so getting over a night out... This time it was only 1 day... but if I know my body it wouldn't work that way every time...

It was just nice to have only one day to get over it than 4... I just get sick of being sick and tired of it effecting my family...