PDA

View Full Version : New to site!!

Crys2
07-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey to everyone.......I was recently diagnosed with lupus nephritis and was at John Hopkins in the beginning of May. I'm currently going through Chemo to try and put my lupus in remission. I didn't want to come on here and seem like a complainer.......but it just seems like no one around me really understands what im going through and i didn't know where else to turn. Im 21 and i cant do anything, on top of that i have to take all these medications for high blood pressure and bad cholesterol.......when before any of this i was completely healthy. Now I have debt collectors coming after me and so MANY medical bills. I can't currently work because i just get so exhausted from just walking up the stairs. I guess it would be nice to talk to someone who just understands!!

crmj1183
07-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi, Crys2,

I can completely relate, simply because I was diagnosed with sle, when I was 17. I had to go through Iv Cytoxan( chemo) at the age of 21 for a full year.I too couldnt work nor could I get disability. I didnt have a stable job or insurance for a time period. And medical bills, Im so in debt from the medical bills, dont get me started, lol. At times I feel no one undeerstands, but luckily you've found this site, because everyone here understands and we are here for easch other for whatever. Any question you may have, or if ryou want to vent, complain or whatever. We are here. Im close to your age and have been where you have been before so feel free to ask me whatever, not to mention we have the same name, (chriss). I know without a DOUBT you will get better soon. How long do you have to undergo chemo? I know its all tough and weird, but things will get better.

Chriss

mountaindreamer
07-20-2009, 09:13 AM
hi chrys,

Welcome to the home where you will always be understood, where you questions will be answered, and where you will always be supported.

I am very sorry about your diagnosis and the treatment that you are having to endure, but i am so glad that you found us. We are here, we understand, and we will walk each step with you.

You can learn a wealth of information by browsing the different threads on this site, and by reading the "stickies". Let us know if you have any questions about blood work, medications/treatments, preventing flares, etc. there is always some one here who can help you learn to live with lupus.

purple_butterfly
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
First, let me welcome you and assure you that you have found a wonderful group of people who are caring, knowledgeable and warm. Though we all have different involvement and different symptoms, we all have the diagnosis and not one of us is alone. We have eachother.
Next, I am so sorry for what you are going through at such a young age. I am sending warm thoughts and gentle hugs your way. Please know that you are not alone and that we are here for you.

SandyR
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Crys2!
Welcome! This is a great place to vent out your frustrations. No one on here thinks of it as complaining and the support that is given to a person on here is amazing. I understand about being healthy then not and seeing so many doctors that the bills pile is higher then the income pile. I wish I had some solutions and answers for you but all I can say is welcome to this wonderful site.
Sandy
PS - Do you live in Baltimore? I went to college in York.

Crys2
07-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you everyone

Sandy I actually live on the Eastern Shore on the other side of the bay bridge

Delphinia981
07-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Welcome Crys!

This is a wonderful site where you are NEVER a complainer...you're just another soul on the Lupus Train trying to hang on for dear life. We all know how it is, honey...trust me.

I know about the medical debt collectors, too. They're evil @$$es that have nothing better to do but add to your misery. I've had them on my tail, too...probably will have them coming back again soon...ugh. If you ever need someone to vent to about that, I'm certainly the one to come to.

I am glad you found us...and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!!

Saysusie
07-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey Crys2;
You are never a complainer when you are here with us. We all know how this disease can affect every single aspect of your life and can seem to turn your world upside down.
There are many members here who are unable to work and who have had to take some drastic steps in order to survive. Many members have applied for disability and have been approved. Others are still awaiting a decision and some have been denied. However, this may be a viable option for you to pursue.
There may be other members who will come along with other ideas for you. In the meantime, we are all so happy that you found us and we are here to help you as much as we can. You are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie