PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS ABOUT LUPUS???

CindyLou
07-31-2005, 03:41 PM
I have not yet been diagnosed with Lupus but my Rheumatologist believes I have it but it's just not showing up in tests.

I have CFS and have had that for 7 years. I just joined the board right now as there are so many questions that I would love to ask.

I go back to my Rheumy the 9 because a couple months ago I got the sun sensitivity on my face. I have never had that before. I have the red rash on my face but it just started that when I go out within 10 minutes my face gets really burnt.

In January I was diagnosed with Raynaud's. But CFS people also get that. I have other symptoms of Lupus but they're also the same as CFS.

I just found out my cousin has Lupus. Could that also mean anything?

CindyLou

caro
07-31-2005, 08:16 PM
cindylou
most people believe that sle like many other auto-immune illnesses are heriditary and are seen in more than one person in a family.
personally i have a cousin on each side of my family with sle and my father recently told my sister that my grandmother(his mother) had lupus. he said it wasn't diagnosed but that she had many of the same symptoms that i haave and was ill all the time when he was a child.
it's probably something you need to tell your reumatologist.
good luck at your next doctors appointment. i hope they can make a definite diagnoses.
caro

hatlady
08-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Agree with caro, cindylou, and want to welcome you to the forum! Please ask away, while none of us are doctors, Saysusie (the moderator) is a WEALTH of knowledge and the rest of us chime in with our experiences as well.

When I was first diagnosed with lupus, I'd thought it was fibromyalgia or CFS. I was surprised to hear lupus. So many of the visible symptoms are the same! My sun sensitivity came slowly, not so quickly as yours. Do stay out of the sun - wide brimmed hats, long sleeves, SUNSCREEN. It can make symptoms worse - not only for sle if that's what you have, but for CFS and other autoimune conditions as well. As caro said, they're all interrelated.

Many hugs, dear, and stay with us on the board - let us know the results of your tests.