PDA

View Full Version : Ergh...i feel lost

iseedeadmonkeys
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Hiya

I actually feel lost tonight, dunno whether its the fact i got let down 2wice in two days or whether i should of stuck to my oringinal plans of staying at normas tonight but now i cant get hold of her, nor my mates!

I feel as if ive forgotton to do summin! you know that feeling right?

I think i might download some tunes on to my pod or summin lol such a strange feeling i must say, Anyway i think i might just say a warm welcome to all the newbies ive prob missed, theres been so many of them lately.....So Hi to you all.

Hello to all you oldies haha you know who you are! oh and hi to all the guests too, cause when i check whos online there is always more guests than members.

Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend! has anyone got any random plans?

Peace
ISDM
xxx

Lala
07-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Both my younger girls play softball, the next 2 weekends are taken up with tournaments, it is very cold in Minnesota today only 63 degrees, I am wearing my winter coat to the game tonight...ewe...

Oluwa
07-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Hello Oldie Moldie...

Have you found your way? Forgot to leave the bread crumbs?

Me? I've been...

....roasting red peppers for a spinach, shrimp salad...Copying from a local restaurant..
....working other peoples farms for cheap labor
....I'm really into potatoes now.

Nothing random, nothing planned..Lupus is driving me around these days...

Sleep tight...
Love,
M.O.

Rastagirl
07-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Aw sorry you're feeling all alone.....no mates and no Norma... Just hate it when ure best laid plans fall thru and you find yourself all alone on a Friday.

Maybe Norma will sense your aloneness...and be along to cheer you. Let's see....it's only 11:38 pm in London. She's a late night girl....she may be along soon to keep you company.

I know that feeling....like I've forgotten something important.....Hmmmm.......??????

Didya feed your kitties? Didja pay your rent? Return your library book??????

Bet it'll come to you in the middle of the night :yup::yup:

Random weekend plans for me ???? Plan to have my first driving lesson with my husband in his BMW.....mastering the clutch and manual transmission. :drive:

**Warning....watch out those on the roads around Portland this weekend!**

Hope you hear from Norma soon! Love ya!

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

iseedeadmonkeys
07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
M.O - there was nothing cheap about your laboUr lol, hey it give you some pennies right?
now you can plant all the tatties you want :)

R.G - I think it was the rent i forgot lol oops i guess it will have to be paid monday, oh oh oh and my broadband well their fault they dint answer the phone to me, il wait for their call back :yes:

LaLa - 63 is cold? blimey 63 is somewhat of a nice day for us lol...thats when its not raining.

Oluwa
07-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Jane Jetson...

Yep, and I have acres and acres of Russet Spuds, Yukon Golds, Red potatoe, purple potatoes, white potatoes, finger potatoes..thank you very mucho.

....smashed spuds, french fries, scallop spuds, hash browns, potato salad, potato sausage, stuffed baked potato, potato Au gratin, riced potatoes, mojos, potato boats....

So, how many Tins did you throw back?

Find anyone?

Love,
Oluwa

iseedeadmonkeys
07-17-2009, 06:29 PM
potato boat? and sausage too! that sounds intresting to me ears!

i dint throw any tins back BUT i have enjoyed nearly a whole bottle of blossom hill Rose gosh its lush in this heat

ermmmm

xxx

Rastagirl
07-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Potatoes....did I hear potato talk?????

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE POTATOES....every which way they are fixed!!

I'm hungry :yumyum: I must go find a potato now.......

One of my favs....the little tiny red or white potatoes, roasted in the oven with rosemary and parsley and olive oil.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

p.s. I have a killer recipe for made-from-scratch, scalloped potatoes.

iseedeadmonkeys
07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Just a quick one on the potato front b4 i go to bed.......

I can make some mean roasties mmmmmm sunday lunch here i come

over and out

ISDM
xxx

Lala
07-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I love potatoes, mmmm potato soup, I think after the game tomorrow I will make some..
MY girly won tonight, so we need to be there at 8am for the next game. FUN when you win!!
63 is cold for this time of year in Minnesota, we have very cold winters -10 is nothing to us,:cold: so in summer we look forward to the little bit of heat we get, our average summer temp is about 80-90...

SandyR
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
was cold here too (79) today compared to normal temps (85) but the humidity is dsigustingly high. uck! me no likey!

I LOVE tatos too but they don't love me the same way. Too much on my blood sugar except for a treat now and again. Yams/Sweets are my new potatoe of choice. Baked with a pinch of cinnamon and a pat of butter. Yum, Yum!

Random for me - I stopped for Greek food today. Was delish! Even splurged on the hummus. mmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe I will make some hummus on Sunday for Tuesday. Have a family BBQ on Sunday and again on Tuesday. Am in charge of some veggies Tuesday and my family loves hummus. I think you helped me form a plan. Thanks, Jane! Going on a hike tomorrow am with a friend's pup. Looking forward to that then a nice pedi after. Boy do my piggies need it! :yes:

widebody
07-18-2009, 05:51 AM
My sister -- who is a fabulous chef -- taught me how to make what she calls 'better than sex' potatoes. Now, I can't say they're THAT good, but they're close...it's basically thin sliced potatoes layered in a gratin dish that has been rubbed with garlic and heavily buttered. You layer in some sliced onions, salt and pepper, and good gruyere cheese. Finish with a layer of gruyere on top, then slowly pour heavy cream in til all the little nooks and crannies are full. Bake this at 275F for a lonnng time (2-3 hours at least) the long slow cooking does amazing things. Bon appetit!

mountaindreamer
07-18-2009, 06:00 AM
OMG widebody,

my hips got wider just reading about your "better than sex" potatoes....Sounds incredible, but i agree with you, don't know if it is actually better than a little "toss in the sheets".

morning to you ISDM,,,,i see that lori, lala, and oluwa got you through your night. thank goodness for everyone here. I hope you find Norma and family today and i hope you all have a great weekend.....

iseedeadmonkeys
07-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Thats so in my recipe book now!!

i love potatoes i really really do

this thread should be renamed the potato thread lol :)

ISDM
xx

oh and btw, i did get incontact with Norma in the end, she took painkillers for her leg and passed out, very scary as she dont remember anything apart from waking up 5 hours later still in the middle of replying to my txt but the phone was on the floor, yeah i was lucky to have those guys last night :yes:

Rastagirl
07-18-2009, 11:56 AM
My sister -- who is a fabulous chef -- taught me how to make what she calls 'better than sex' potatoes. Now, I can't say they're THAT good, but they're close...it's basically thin sliced potatoes layered in a gratin dish that has been rubbed with garlic and heavily buttered. You layer in some sliced onions, salt and pepper, and good gruyere cheese. Finish with a layer of gruyere on top, then slowly pour heavy cream in til all the little nooks and crannies are full. Bake this at 275F for a lonnng time (2-3 hours at least) the long slow cooking does amazing things. Bon appetit!

Oh Brian.....Potatoes "better than sex" is a dish that MUST BE TRIED!

This sounds absolutely amazing!! I believe I will head out to the store today.....the specialty one with the amazing cheese counter....and try this recipe tonight. Actually, I'll need to start it this afternoon...for a nice long, slow bake.

My mouth is watering as I type :yumyum:

Thanks for sharing with us.......

p.s. have I died and gone to heaven....a potato thread on WHL????

tiggerlishus - Heidi
07-18-2009, 03:41 PM
ok i have two things to say;

firstly janey why they hell didn't you tell me you were feeling funny i would of chatted to you till the cows come home if i knew you were feeling funnyi'm always here for you!!! love you babe xx

and secondly i love this randomness about potatoes!! xxx

Rastagirl
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Okay....starving potato lovers....the "Better Than Sex" potatoes are in the oven... baking as we speak!

I sped off to the specialty market, bought some cave-aged Gruyere flown here all the way from France....arrived last night while I was sleeping. :laugh2:

Followed all your directions, Brian....the anticipation is building. I shall soon have the smell of baking gratin potatoes filling my house. :yumyum:

In case you all are wondering.....I will be serving my "Better Than Sex" potatoes with fresh, wild Sockeye Salmon grilled on the BBQ....a green salad with Roma tomatoes and creamy poppyseed dressing...homemade sourdough rolls....and a lovely Pinot Noir from Napa Valley California.

Who's coming for dinner at my house?????? I think there's enough to feed a small army!! If you show up with a dessert, you will be granted entrance. :lmao:

I'll let you all know how this one turns out.....

Fondly,

Oluwa
07-18-2009, 04:55 PM
ISDM...Potato Boats....spuds cut into 1/4 long way dipped in batta...baked and dragged through the garbage...anything goes, sour cream, bacon, chives, green onions, cheddar cheese...butta.....washed down with a cold beer or Iced CoCa Cola.....the orginal Coke....ah...

There ya have...

By the way I harvested oh, about 18K coinage worth...

Who loves ya...
Oluwa

Rastagirl
07-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Okay....starving potato lovers....the "Better Than Sex" potatoes are in the oven... baking as we speak!

I sped off to the specialty market, bought some cave-aged Gruyere flown here all the way from France....arrived last night while I was sleeping. :laugh2:

Followed all your directions, Brian....the anticipation is building. I shall soon have the smell of baking gratin potatoes filling my house. :yumyum:

In case you all are wondering.....I will be serving my "Better Than Sex" potatoes with fresh, wild Sockeye Salmon grilled on the BBQ....a green salad with Roma tomatoes and creamy poppyseed dressing...homemade sourdough rolls....and a lovely Pinot Noir from Napa Valley California.

Who's coming for dinner at my house?????? I think there's enough to feed a small army!! If you show up with a dessert, you will be granted entrance. :lmao:

I'll let you all know how this one turns out.....

Fondly,

Lori

Oh my goodness, Brian.....those were UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I have never tasted anything quite like that in my life.

I have certainly had Gratin potatoes many, many times.....with all different kinds of cheese, mind you................and I am a cheese snob.........

....but Gruyere??????

Oh....you guys have got to try this recipe. You will NOT be disappointed. I promise.

And the best part???? I have leftovers!

And while I was putting them away....I snuck 3 more bites.

Thanks again, Brian.

p.s. Since this is your thread, Jane...I really wish you could of come over for dinner tonight.

Oluwa
07-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh, ISDM...

I forgot..Potato Sausage is a Scandinavia dish, Finnish. Shredded raw spud, ground pork or beef, onions..lotta pepper stuffed into natural casing...viola sausage.

Eaten...hold one end with a fork...press the tube with your knife and squeeze..like a tube of toothpaste. Dab with a gob of butta...more pepper. What a treat...reminds me of home.

I am 1/2 Finnish and that is how we ate it, on Christmas Eve with Lutefisk..Tradition in most Finnish homes.

Love,
Oluwa

Danica01
07-19-2009, 08:54 AM
I understand the lonely feeling love. Tim is gone for the next 10 days and most of the time I won't be able to talk to him........feeling pretty bad about that.Wish we were close to each other so we could keep each other company. Well, this weekend consisted of me taking my shot and feeling like I was going to throw up all weekend.......so much fun!!!!! I will check in with you later today :sadwavey: