PDA

View Full Version : Performance Pictures

Saysusie
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I posted pictures of some of my performances on my Facebook page. I had lots of people tell me that I should also post them here on WHL, so I did. Hope you enjoy them!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
07-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Cool, I'll be checking them out! How are you feeling today?

Rob

SandyR
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
great shots! we had a jazz performer in our family as well (my mom's godfather) but right now I can't remember his name for the life of me.

Oluwa
07-17-2009, 01:39 PM
I did enjoy! Left a blurb on your page...

Big hugs...
Love,
Oluwa

magistramarla
07-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Very cool, Saysusie,
I would love to be in the audience at one of your performances.
Marla

Rastagirl
07-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Awesome pics, Saysusie! I loved seeing you onstage....I, too, would love to see you perform.

Was that really a Burlesque show you appeared in???

Thanks for sharing with us.... :cute:

:cool2: Lori

iseedeadmonkeys
07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I was going to say....i did add you as a friend on FB but i guess you havnt got round to accepting me...hope i havnt upset you

P&L
ISDM
xxx

Saysusie
07-19-2009, 12:36 PM
ISDM......when? I don't recall seeing it? OMG..no you have not upset me at all. I am new to FB and have missed a lot of things, like hugs and angels, and relative requests! So please please, add me again and this time I will have my son-in-law help me to find all of my notices and especially to find you! I still feel like an idiot on Facebook. I have to have my son-in-law upload my pictures for me 'cuz I haven't figured that out yet and, yesterday, he taught me how to "tag" people with my photos!
So, my sweet ISDM, it was me and my idiocy...not you at all!

Come here...let me give you a BIG love-filled hug and a kiss :kiss:

now, I have to wonder if I've missed anyone else:wacko:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
07-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Rastagirl;
Yes, it was a real Burlesque show. However, I was just the singer in between acts. However, it was a really clean show..you know, a little risque but classy! It was a fun show!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Spanglishqueen
07-19-2009, 12:39 PM
WOW! All I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!! if pictures say 1000 words I can't wait to hear you live! I am giving you a standing applause right now, unfortunately I'm a bit tired so it is only a 5 second one. But you got it.:cute::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Saysusie
07-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Rob, SandyR, Oluwa, and Magistramarla;
Thank you so much. It is performing that keeps me sane and keeps me from going into deep depressions. Every producer and director that I work for is told, from the outset, about my Lupus and my Fibromyalgia and my list of other ailments. So far, they've all been very supportive and understanding. Especially if I can't stay for entire rehearsals, have to leave rehearsals to rest and come back, or (rarely) can't make rehearsal at all. I make sure that, when I do perform, I give it my all...everything I've got!! So far, they've appreciated that and I am able to keep getting work!
Thank you all again....

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
07-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Saysusie,
I used to be a singer, too, and I miss it. Thanks to the spasmodic dysphonia, I can't even sing along with the radio anymore. I used to sing with a group of military wives called The Skylarks in Ohio, and we got to be the opening act and the back-up group for Lee Greenwood when he did a USO tour at our base. That was so much fun! We also performed with the military band at Christmas concerts and at a huge military ball. In those days, I would always volunteer to step forward and solo.
You are very lucky to still be able to perform, and I would really love to be at one of those performances.
Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
hi saysusie,

thanks for sharing your pictures....you are such an increibly beautiful woman....i am sure your voice is equally incredible.

A classy buresque,.....that is a new one. ha ha ha - i am so glad you had fun...that is what matters. I was wondering....i know that performing must be very physically draining, does it ever cause you to go into a flare?

again, thanks for sharing your pictures.

lucky7
07-20-2009, 02:24 PM
HI SAYSUSIE!!!! Ive been off for a bit so im playing catch -up BUT im going to check them out as soon as i am caught up!!!!!! Im so excited to see them!!!! WOO HOO to that!!!!!!:yes:

iseedeadmonkeys
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Hiya Saysusie,

Sorry i do keep forgetting how hard it is to "get" facebook cause ive been on there since 2005 and everytime they decide to change the format of facebook it looks harder than what it actually is......take OLUWA for example :) enough said! (im joking btw hun i really appreiciate your hard labour on my farms, and looking after them for me whilst i was away)

I will re add you, i think i was a bit lost that day also and assumed everyone had it in for me sorry again thanx for hugs and kisses

spk soon
Great pics...btw i downloaded "i put a spell on you" o0o0o0o0o0o i love it :yes:

ISDM
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
pp.s i tried to re add but it says your awaiting friend confirmation...wow big words for me tonight lol i think i swallowed a dictionary with my mtx tonight :)

ISDM
xxx

Saysusie
07-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Marla:
Wow, what wonderful experiences you've had with your singing! Do you have any recordings of yourself? I'd love to hear them! How about some pictures of those performances? I'd really love to see those.
I had thyroid cancer several years ago. I had to have surgery to remove the cancerous tissue. The surgery took much longer than expected because the tissue had wrapped itself around my vocal chords. After the surgery, the surgeon told me that I might not ever speak well and probably would not be able to sing again. Apparently, God had other ideas, because I was whispering before I left the hospital and I told my oncologist that I was going to sing again!
I did have to work with a vocal coach for almost a full year before I got a voice strong enough to sing. My coach told me that I must sing, every day, in order to keep my voice. So, I do vocalize for at least 30 minutes per day, every day! My oncologist is still amazed :cute:
I hope that you are able to sing, if only to bring joy to yourself.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Thank You Mountaindreamer :cute:

Yes, the Burlesque was as classy as they can get (lol). I mean, it was safe to take children. The skits had a little sexual overtone, but youngsters could have missed it. For example: have you seen the commercial where the man and woman are on an escalator and she says to him, "Hey, I think you're the father of one of my kids." He replies, "Oh no, that weekend in Cancun" (or something like that). Well, we did that skit in our show..I said to the guy, "Hey, I think you're the father of one of my kids", he replied.."Oh no, were you the stripper at that bachelor party last year when I was so drunk?" I replied, angrily, "No, I'm your son's 3rd grade teacher!"
So, that's about how dirty the show got. There were sexy costumes, but nothing to risque. One of the songs that I sang was "When You're Good To Mama" from Chicago (Queen Latifah's Song). So, it was kind of a classy Burlesque.
Performing does not cause me flares. I am prone to have flares during rehearsals. But, I get so much joy from being on stage and/or performing, that I actually think that it is good for me!
Thank You Again....

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanx Lucky7......How are you? Missed you while you were gone for a bit. I hope that all is well with you.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
07-20-2009, 09:31 PM
ISDM......We are friends now on FB! Check it again, my notification told me that we are now friends, so all is well!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie