PDA

View Full Version : Elevated Creatinine (Lupus Nephritis)

dandoon_88
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if you have experienced a rising creatinine level despite doing generally well. My kidney functions have always fallen within normal range, but a year and a half ago I was in the hospital for renal insufficiency, when my creat. level reached 170 (normal range goes up to 97).

Because I wasn't very compliant at times, it seems that I have permanently lost some kidney function and it's not expected to ever return to normal. It continued to go up and down, but recently it's been going up. Today my creatinine level stands at 260, which is 1.5 times the normal according to the reference range used here.

I also continue to have proteinuria, hematuria, and low albumin level. I'm also back on Aranesp weekly shots because of the anemia, which I guess indicates that my kidneys aren't doing too well. My doctor seems to be taking a wait-and-see approach towards all this. He's also trying not to up the Prednisone (currently on 20mg) or CellCept (2g/day) in consideration of my young age and so on.

Should I be worried? Will a biopsy at this point show what % of kidney tissue is permanently damaged? The last biopsy I did was 5 years ago.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me more about your experiences with this

All the best,
Dina

Leksie
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Dina,

I can't really help you with your questions but I just wanted to thank you for posting. I too have nephritis but it was caught in the early stages so no real damage yet, just proteinura mostly. I like learning from others journeys.:hail: