PDA

View Full Version : New to Site

GigiGirl69
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi All,
I am new to this site. I have lupus and other medical problems. I feel very alone at times and feel that my illness has taken over - I wish I could find the old me.

Angel Oliver
07-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Hello and welcome and as i said in the other post 'so glad you found us!'. Im sorry you are in pain n stressed and want your old me back....we all do,we feel like you too at times.But we will all gather round you and support you and find you ways to cope,live and find happiness.Even if its a quick chat on here,i find helps me when im very low and longing for better times.They will come,but until then...welcome my friend.Hang in there..we are all here for you.

Love n hugs from
Amanda.xxxxxxxx

dsunshine
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the site...
Sorry to hear you have been recently diagnosed as I am sure it was devastating and the last diagnosis you wanted to receive. Good news is that you have found and come to the right site to find love, support, and understanding. You will soon gain a bunch of cyber friends who know/feel/understand more than anyone how you feel and what you are going through.
I know how it feels to want the OLD ME back...I use to think that daily when I was first diagnosed in Nov. 2008...especially when I had to count and prepare my daily dosage of pills. Its like your on the Lupus ride and you don't even recall standing in line for this ride and now that you on it it you want nothing more than to hurry and get off. I understand 200%.
Please take full advantage of the site and write your feelings/concerns or whatever is on your mind and I assure you...you will receive responses/hugs/understanding and input!

Welcome again!

MicRoMediC
07-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Unfortunately you won't really get the old you back but at least things in the past make sense now like the fatigue, the joint pain, the rest of the terrible symptoms. The meds will help on certain days but it just plain sucks. We're all here for you when you need us.

Leksie
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Gigi,:wavey:

I have been recentlly diagnosed and I know it can feel like you are all alone because it is hard for the people around you to understand what you are going thru but hang in there you will have better days. Good luck, message me if you want to talk.

Natasha

Ria0331
07-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Gigi,

I want to say welcome and I hope that you can find a lot of strength and love here. We all understand how you feel and please feel free to speak up about anything at anytime. We all need to talk and everyone here is open to listening. Again welcome to our family.