PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...

kducks
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
There really isn't a better word to describe stuff then ugh sometimes huh? I'm in ugh right now. I have been having pain in my left shoulder/neck/arm for three days now. At first I was brushing it off as nothing but now it is starting to worry me. I've been living in non-lupie land for a while now, able to do 'normal' things realitively pain free the past few years. The exception was during my divorce last year and I had a few little flares from all the stress. This pain is really my first bad pain in a long time. You know the kind. I like to call it Lupie pain, not the run of the mill I slept wrong and have a kink in my neck. It's the take your breath away when you lay down because somehow it makes it better to not breath for a bit until the rush of pain passes. I've been a bad Lupie, I haven't seen my doctor in a few months now. I had a appointment back in May but I completely forgot about it. I had just rescheduled it for next week when all this started happening. I just called a little while ago to see if my doc wants new labs before I come in since my last ones were a few months ago. Ugh, I guess I got used to not being so Lupie anymore. 16 years of living with this disease and I can still get thrown for a loop I guess. I really don't want to come out of "medically controlled" land. I've been working full time for over 3 years now with no problems. It's easy to act like nothing is wrong with you when all you have to do is take a pill or two a day to keep things stable. I've always had neck/shoulder pain off and on still but it is nothing compared to what I used to have. Sorry, I know so many of you have things so much worse then I do but I just needed to vent for a little bit to people who understand. My boyfriend is awesome but he worries whenever I have a little ache here or there so I really didn't want to lay this on him. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Let's see what my labs say and we'll go from there. Thanks for listening!

Hugs,
Kim

SandyR
07-16-2009, 04:32 PM
oh Kim, sorry to hear you are feeling ugh. Ugh is such and ughy feeling.

dsunshine
07-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Ugh describes so much to only be 3 letters. I say it all the time instead of cussing but cussing works too...WTF!!
Sorry to hear about your pain and hopefully it will subside soon so you can go back to normal...Normal is what we all want...at least I know I do but a daily reminder...3 times to be exact of taking medicine reminds me of how abnormal I am

Wishing you health asap!!!

kducks
07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you both! Feeling better today after some prescription strength ibuprofen, my heating pad and some pain rub before bed. Went and did my labs at lunch time so I guess I'll see what my blood has to say next week. Plus today is Friday and that's always makes me feel better cause the weekend is near! LOL