PDA

View Full Version : Stomach ache................

Danica01
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
My stomach is hurting so bad tonight........it is the kind of hurt that swells the stomach and hurts to even touch it :sorry: I am holding my pillow very tight and Tim is always telling me to toot out the pain........at least that makes me laugh :happysad: Thought if I just told all of you it would help. I think I am going to go in and take a warm bubble bath and read a magazine.......if I am lucky I will create my own bubbles and have a homemade hot tub! Hey, we have to look at the bright side of everything......even if it is a little stinky :fart:

SandyR
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
feeling your pains tonight girl. Went walking the beach with one of my meet up groups and was struck by the IBS attack 2.2 miles in. Thank GOD there was a restroom within a 1/4 mile (it was a 4 mile walk). Hope the bath helps you. I like a hot shower or heating pad once the nausea passes and it's just crampy pain. Do you find that when the attack passes, you are just starving within 2 hours?
Sandy

Danica01
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I will then eat anything I can get my hands on and normally it makes my stomach hurt again!!!!!! Oh the vicious cycle we go through!!!!!!!! I let my friend borrow my heating pad and I really should get it back because that is what normally works for me too.......hopefully the bath will make it feel much better, that is if I ever tear myself away from the computer long enough to take one :veryhappy:

brandichi
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Danica. Hope you got into a nice warm bath and that helped. I get those stomach aches sometimes too, and it's AWFUL!! I have a hot water bottle and when I have the energy to boil water, it is soooooo worth it. And I do the SAME thing as you - once the pain eases, I am so hungry I eat anything and everything - usually the very worst things for me, like chocolate and pop (soda). Which makes it start all over again.

Sandy, your post reminded me of a time last year I was on a walk after breakfast with a big group of people in Scotland. All of a sudden, oooh, I REALLY needed to get to a bathroom quick!! I left, praying all the way I wouldn't make a wrong turn and get lost, and got to the bathroom just in time! Stomach issues make life so much more complicated. :hissyfit:

Danica01
07-15-2009, 10:03 PM
The bath really helped.....or the pain meds kicked in for the night.......which ever one it was, I am feeling better :veryhappy: Thanks for talking to me and just telling me your stories. You are right, stomach pains make life so hard! Tim is so understanding and when I say I need to go, he knows I need to go!He makes sure I find a place to go no matter what and he never makes fun of me......I should say he doesn't make fun of me MOST of the time.....heheheheh!!!!! There has been times where there wasn't a bathroom and I have ran into the desert or woods to go! Thanks goodness we camp a lot and I am used to it :-) I will keep you guys posted on the tummy ache!!!!!!

Oluwa
07-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Danica....No tree or shrub leaves in the desert...

Tummy a little better today? I hope so...I don't have IBS..I do have Gerdie. A different type of stomach ache.

From the iron and the pain pills I am usually filled to the rim. At that level, if I eat a grape I am so full and bloated my breast rise to my chin. I am supposed to use Miralax daily, but I do the self induced IBS..with a pill...so maybe I know a little what IBS is like without the panic. Mine is planned.

Enjoy the morning....I am.
Love,
Oluwa

karenboss
07-16-2009, 08:11 AM
oouu - sorry Danica & thanks for your post on my thread. I think you are suffering worse than me right now but I can empithize nonetheless.

peace honny - hope it calms down soon.

I think I will look for my heating pad for the cramps, never thougth of that.

crmj1183
07-16-2009, 09:45 AM
AWWWWW Danica,

Im so sorry to hear you're not feeling well today, I hope you are feeling better today. I hate when my stomach hurts.

Get well soon :yes:
Chriss

SandyR
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Danica & Brandichi - I thought I was all alone in that crazy hunger. It just drives me crazy that I eat something, even something I think is ok, get full from the yummy food and get so sick and then 2 hours later I just HAVE to eat again and immediately cause I am just ravenous. :wacko: It's so annoying to try to be eating right and to do that and then get uncontrollably sick followed by uncontrolable hunger. Grrrrrr! I hate that vicious cycle! :hissyfit: I lost my heating pad too. Actually, my ex never gave it back (insert a curse word/some name calling here) and I have been too lazy to buy another one. I wonder why it's the heat that helps us and not the cold? I can always tell right when it comes on too because I will be fine, get blindingly hot for a few moments, be freezing the next minute and then WHAM! - stomach ache for 1-20 mins and find a bathroom soon or all hell breaks loose. Horrible always having to always be bathroom conscious. Once the pain ends, I usually want the worst things too. Burgers, pizza, ice cream, bread. Last night I was really good though and ended up getting a small veggie soup with a big hunk of fresh french bread. It was so gooooood! :yes: I'm so glad that Tim is so understanding. :cute: It's hard to understand how much the IBS affects our lives till you are unlucky enough to get it or you know someone who had to deal with it. How is your stomach feeling today? I hope it is tap water flat today for you.

Angel Oliver
07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh Danica,

So sorry to hear of your pain.I so understand you.Hope you tooted :) n made lots of bubbles,but heal soon.

lots of love Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

leaann
07-17-2009, 08:53 AM
After reading the post I have a ??? I noticed that some of you use heating pads. Here's my problem with that I tried a heating pad but the heat caused my gas to get worse. Was using the heating pad to stop the pain in my joints- especially in my back and hips. I can not use a heating pad at all.

Has this ever happen to you before??? or have you heard of it happening to someone else???

just wondering

dsunshine
07-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Don't know if you have tried prilosac or baking soda and hot water for gas....(My granny swears by this rememdy of baking soda/hot water for gas) according to my aunt it really works and I think as a child or teenager I once tried to drink it and just tossed my cookies...it was so gross. But now dealing with gas/stomach issues I would certainly try it again if the prilosac didn't work. My Rheumy recommended this when I expressed that I had bad gas and it hurt...she said it was from my body adjusting to the meds...whatever it is when I do have it no matter where I am I just let it go and pray that no one comes near me for about 5 min. especially if I am at work AND I also carry small Ozium air freshner in my purse which is also small enough to put in my pockets when I have them or purse in between my cleveage...LOL..hope this helps you in the future!

SandyR
07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I never tried the baking soda. Might give it a whirl and see how that works out. Thank your granny for the tip! :cute:

leann - I don't really like heating pads outside of stomach cramps. My chiro tells me that for my joint pain I should only use heat in the shower. She says hot shower then bag of ice. That seems to help me out. :yes:

Danica01
07-19-2009, 06:10 AM
I have never tried any of that either but it is worth a try!!!!! I took my methotrexate shot on Friday night and have had no appetite since then and at times even felt as if I was going to throw up. It is a horrible cycle to not eat, put meds on an empty stomach and then get a tummy ache worse than before!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I really need to think of something that sounds good and eat whatever that is........no dairy of course :nah:

lucky7
07-20-2009, 03:04 PM
LOTS of FRESH FRUITS, VEGES and WHOLE GRAINS!!!! Then to combat the gas BEANO!!!!! Its ALL NATURAL and it works GREAT!!!! I have a bowl of oatmeal with fresh blueberries, strawberries,and an apple in it EVERY night as my snack and POW, im on the potty the next morning!!! When i dont eat enough of these things i have tummy trouble, and thats the ONLY time i have tummy trouble.

karenboss
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
kind of yucky but if the heating pad causes gas it is probaly relieving pressure - I always feel a little better when finally able to relieve some of that. (though dh doesn't) :)

Danica01
07-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Hehehehehe :-) I am so happy we are talking about all of this! I just found some dairy free yogurt with the good cultures in it so my tummy should feel better. It is made with coconut milk and was soooooo good! I could have licked the bowl :-) I have also been eating lots of fruit and veggies and it really does seem to be getting better! Hopefully in a week or two there will be no more pain. Thanks for all you advice...you have great ideas :yes:

SandyR
07-24-2009, 01:27 PM
what brand was it? Always love hearing about something non dairy that tastes good too! :yes: