PDA

View Full Version : Finally !!!

rosemactier
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Greetings Everyone-
My name is Rose and I am new to this group. I have FINALLY been given a diagnosis. I have been symptomatic since March of 2003, and have seen many, many doctors. I was sent to a rheumatologist in 2005 but I did not like him, and my symptoms had started to get better so I stopped going to the doctors. In 2008 I started feeling awful again so I went to a clinic and got an appointment for a rheumatologist, I had to wait eleven months to get in. Last November was my first appointment and the doctor started me on plaquenil, nuerontin, and prednisone. He also ordered alot of lab work, and did a history and physical. He said based on the criteria I fell under the lupus diagnosis, but that was tentative. I went to see the doctor yesterday for my second appointment. My labs were all normal, but my symptoms were not. The joint pain was better with the meds but still having alot of pain. I am also having alot of other symptoms too. He has added methyltrexate, folic acid, and reglan to my existing meds. I am hoping with the addition of the methyltrexate that I will start to see more improvement. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!! The doctor also said that he feels that I have lupus, fibromyalgia, and osteoarthritis. I am so glad to finally get a diagnosis. It was extremely hard for me not knowing what to call what was going on with me. I felt like a hypochondriac with all the symptoms, and not being able to do the things I used to. I am very grateful that you all are here to talk to and help answer questions. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Rose

crmj1183
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Rose,

Im glad you were able to finally get a diagnosis. Thats the first step and now the next is treatment. I have Lupus and I ve had it for almost 9 years and Ive had my ups an downs , but Ive been very blessed. Im glad you found the site and welcome feel free to chat with me anytime or if you have any questions about Lupus or just wanna vent. Welcome , welcome, welcome!!!

Chriss

Oluwa
07-15-2009, 02:07 PM
We look forward to getting to know you too, Rose...
Welcoming you with a tight hug...squueeze.

Be well, keep well..
Love,
Oluwa

Angel Oliver
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello n welcome and im so glad you finally got your answers and a diagnosis.I so understand how one needs a name to the ailments n pain they feel.Now lets hope you begin to feel the benefits of the new meds too now.

Lots of love Amanda.xx

Danica01
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome to our family!!!!! I am so happy you have found us and I am so happy you have answers to some of your questions. Hopefully all the meds combines, new and old, will really be beneficial to you and you will have some relief soon!!!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing and again......WELCOME!!!!!!!

Saysusie
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Hello and Welcome Rose;
Isn't it funny how we are happy to be told that we have a disease? It is an immense relief for us to know that all of our ailments, aches and pains actually have a name. It's like a double edged sword isn't it?
I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. You are amongst people who are kind, understanding, informative and comforting. There will always be someone here when you need us and remember, you are not alone! Again......welcome!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

gina
07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Welcome Rose
This is a great site, i am sorry and happy for you that you know what it is. i great to know but not nice to have this.

thats why this site is great you can vent ask questions and make great cyber friends.:fam21:

MLockwood
07-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Welcome Rose! I am new to this site as well. I am finding a lot of comfort in numbers and the folks here have so much knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me anytime! I am not good with the facts yet, but I am a great 'listener'!! Take care of yourself!!!!

dsunshine
07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Glad you finally got a diagnosis and name to what you were going through and feeling. Sorry to hear it was Lupus.
Just want to say glad you found the site and WELCOME with open arms!!!

SandyR
07-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Welcome Rosie!
I am going through that searching for an answer with every doctor under the sun phase. I am glad to hear that you have found a doctor who is helping you and has given you some answers.
Sandy

Delphinia981
07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome, Rose!! I hate that you have the diganosis that you do...but I also know how good it feels to finally have the answer!! We are so happy to have you...and I certainly can't wait to get to know you better!!