PDA

View Full Version : stomach cramps?

karenboss
07-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't know what the heck it is - my ANA was positive back in January but dr stopped short of dx of Lupus - it's ok by me since who needs that on your record if it can be avoided - If I ever want to get private insurance I don't want the dx -
BUT symptoms don't go away. It's weird case - I have joint pain in feet, hands, I get blistery sores in my mouth, and I run a low fever - that with the positive ANA and positve DSDNA, well, anyway my question to you is this recent stomach pain! yikes! have I got the flu or is this Lupus related? Heavy cramping for the last few days - I'm not on any meds

Danica01
07-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I am sorry that I have to be the one to tell you.......it is part of the beautiful Lupus present we received in the mail.......why wasn't I out the day that was delivered????? I have Lupus and have been sick for the last eight years. I am actually sitting here in bed with a pillow on my stomach. It is very sore tonight. I have also been diagnosed with IBS and I know what one plays into the other in my case. I will not be able to go to the bathroom one day and the next day I will go too much! It i miserable at times and tonight is one of those times. When your body starts to have autoimmune issue a lot of things can change and one of the things that can change is out tolerance for certain foods. I can not have dairy now and when I do eat it I get really sick. Think back to when it started to hurt and think about the foods you have been eating. If you can, start removing a few at a time and see if it helps. It helps if you start a food diary and you willhopefully see a trends in the pains with foods you eat. If you do not feel better soon I would suggest you call and get in to see the doctor. I know it is not fun but believe me, it is much worse with chronic stomach pain. Keep us posted on how your doing!!!!!! I am sending you hugs tonight and thoughts of NO stomach pains :hug:

MicRoMediC
07-16-2009, 06:24 PM
OMG Danica I thought I was alone. My stomach is SOO upset all the time. I attribute part of it to my gallbladder being removed and part to the plaquenil, but i think i do have IBS. URG! It's frustrating when you're doing CPR on someone and you can't stop to use the bathroom, and you're sweating but not because you're doing the CPR. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, glad I'm not alone.

BettyBoop
07-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm newly dx'd with Lupus but have had fibro for a while. I get severe abdominal pains. Like being stabbed with a knife. Does anyone else have these?

Danice

Saysusie
07-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Absolutely!! My doctor says that this is definitely due to my Fibromyalgia and not my Lupus. The pain is, often, unbearable!! Also, as has been mentioned here, the IBS that comes with Fibromyalgia is different for everyone. Some people get IBS with diarrhea and some get IBS with constipation. Then, there are those of us who get IBS with both. Constipated on Monday with diarrhea on Tuesday..and it goes on like this forever.
I've found that eating lots of raw vegetables and high fiber foods helps me a lot. However, doing this gives me gas..so then I have to take something for the gas. Then, of course, there is the intenses abdominal pain that I have to take pain meds for! It is a vicious cycle and absolutely no fun whatsoever!:hissyfit: Makes you just want to scream and cry doesn't it?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Danica01
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
It is a vicious cycle and yucky to boot! Another thing I felt very helpful is drinking lots of water. I really only drink water with the occasional root beer! The water seems to help move things along a little more when I am having a Tuesday. It is a very hard aspect of our diseases and sometimes the most uncomforatbale part of the day! I am going to try to eat even more veggies than I already do and see where else I can pick some fiber up throughout my diet. Thanks everyone and hopefully everyones belly is behaving tonight :veryhappy:

BettyBoop
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi
Thank you Danica & Susie.
I have had IBS for years with both diarrhea and constipation. But this seems to be worse that even that. I guess it's another "learn" for me.

Thanks again.

Danice

pandagirl
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I too get the bad cramping..not often, and I have to be very careful of the constipation...it makes it sooo much worse. If I am good with the diet..lots of fruit and veggies it keeps me on an even keel..if not I suffer. I never put all the pieces together...I used to just call them 'stomach attacks' but now I know it is part of the whole enchilada.I always forget to tell the doc if it is not happening when I see him...along with other varius weird 'stuff'.:wacko:

Jewelz
07-28-2009, 08:47 PM
I get the stabbing or squeezing pain too. It's on the upper left side. Docs said it was my stomach and that it was spasming??

I don't have IBS. I do have really bad GERD.

Jewelz

Leksie
07-28-2009, 09:11 PM
My upper left side hurts too. I thought it was from my splenectomy, but now I'm wondering if its more lupus related.:unsure: