PDA

View Full Version : Paralyzed!?!?!?

crmj1183
07-13-2009, 08:55 AM
This morning when I woke up my legs were killing me. I tried to get up to go to the bathroom and I fell. I mean I knew my legs were hurting but I wasnt expecting to fall while simultaneuosly having excruciating pain. I panicked, called my dr. and told him what was going on, I was home alone because my roommate had already left for work. My doctor called back and said maybe u should come on into er, well I didnt want to do that because we all know how er is, u get there ur feeling better or they refer u to your doctor.... Um, yeah I dont have time for shenanigans. I took all my meds and some tylenol and that seemed to do the trick. So I calle dmy doctor back and asked him to give me a higher dosage of lasik, because of the whole water retention thing, I mean nothing seems to deflate me. Effective immediately 60mg of lasik, I hope this works.... Keep your fingers crossed guys.:unsure:

And as always thanks for listening
Crazy Chriss a.ka. Barefoot Contessa ( i cant fit any of my shoes!!! lol)

rob
07-13-2009, 09:20 AM
You should be careful with this sort of thing, I know the ER can be a huge pain in the butt, but this sort of thing can lead to a bad injury-ask me how I know.

Last year my right leg suddenly stopped working, went totally limp like someone flipped a switch. I was in the kitchen and caught the edge of the counter on the way down. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs so it's a long way to the floor and I hit hard. Got a trip to the ER and some stitches in my noggin from that one. Could have easily broken my leg, lucky I didn't. I was later diagnosed with MS on top of SLE, two for one, what a deal (not)! Anyway, your problem doesn't sound like anything even remotely related to MS, but don't hesitate to go to the ER if you need to. Keep a phone nearby and be careful, Ok?

Rob

Angel Oliver
07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh im sorry to read what a terrible and scary time you are having.Im glad you have more meds....BUT...i think SOON you must go to see the Doctor and the ER.Somethings not right.A check up will do you n harm,then you'll know for sure why this happened.
You rest up and i hope soon you feel better.
love Amanda.xxxx

P.s i say noggin!

crmj1183
07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys

Rob I didnt know u had ms too, awwww buddy. Im really sorry to here that. I hope everything is okay with u. Im crying about lupus and you have ms and lupus. I dont see u complaining.
I went to the doctor friday and they said everything looks good, except for the lupus nephritis, so thats where the edema is coming from and Ive gained close to 30lbs in water weight, so my body cant really hold the weight, I realized after Icalmed down that I slept awkwardly last nite. The doctors keep telling Im in no real harm yet but i look terrible. And feel just as bad. My main issue is keeping my blood pressure down which then effects the kidneys which would remedy all this horror (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
Im so dramatic
thanks Chriss

Danica01
07-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Chriss you are NOT dramatic!!!!! You are frustrated and have every right to be. Please promise that next time you will go to the ER????? I do not want to think of you feeling this bad alone. I really think we need to get a Lupus house up and running so we can all be pampered together and watch out for each other!!!!!! I am thinking of you tonight and wish I was there just to make sure you walked a ok in the morning :hug:

Rob, Chriss is right, you are amazing and an inspiration to all of us. I know you have hard times too and you will lean on us when you need to but you are such a rock for so many of us and we look up to you for information and comfort. Thank you for all you do and thank you for being such a strong person through your double trouble :angelic:

rob
07-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys

Rob I didnt know u had ms too, awwww buddy. Im really sorry to here that. I hope everything is okay with u. Im crying about lupus and you have ms and lupus. I dont see u complaining.
I went to the doctor friday and they said everything looks good, except for the lupus nephritis, so thats where the edema is coming from and Ive gained close to 30lbs in water weight, so my body cant really hold the weight, I realized after Icalmed down that I slept awkwardly last nite. The doctors keep telling Im in no real harm yet but i look terrible. And feel just as bad. My main issue is keeping my blood pressure down which then effects the kidneys which would remedy all this horror (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
Im so dramatic
thanks Chriss

Hi Chriss,

Yep, I have MS too. Secondary Progressive MS to be exact. Sometimes It's hard to fathom, and I guess I don't talk about it much because it can be too much to think about. I figured SLE was my big challenge, my enemy for life, and I was beginning to really accept it, and deal with it both from a treatment point of view as well as in my head. But now, just, WTF? How the hell did this happen. I have alot of anger these days, and I do the "why me" thing way too much, feeling sorry for myself rather than just dealing with it.

Anyway, how are you feeling? Any more falls? I wish I had some advice for you about the water retention, but that's something I've never had happen. I hope you are doing OK this morning.

Rob

PS- Thank you Danica.

widebody
07-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Chriss - I really hope the Lasix works for you...I hear ya on the ER thing, but sometimes you just gotta do it, I guess. I had really bad chest pain a couple weeks ago and debated whether I should go, but deep down I knew it was lupus-related pericarditis and just couldn't fathom the thought of going and waiting and being told there was nothing they could do. So I guess everyone has to make those decisions on a case basis.

Rob - don't even know what to say about you having both MS and Lupus, except that I feel for you. I was dx with diabetes about 7 years ago, which then turned into a more general autoimmune disorder dx. Like you, i thought it was my dragon and i was doing a pretty good job adjusting, fighting, and staying out of the flames. And now comes Lupus - which has had WAY more impact on my daily life. I'm really struggling thru the 'why me' phase, especially the things I'm having to give up (sunlight, exercise, etc) on top of the sacrifices I already made with the polyglandular endocrine disorder (food, testosterone not from a bottle, etc.) I'm glad this little community is here so we can all vent and share and try to help each other out.

Danica- LOVE your idea for the 'Lupus house'! I wonder if we could make it a reality TV show and get it paid for? :)

hope everyone has a good day,

Brian

widebody
07-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Another thought on the ER issue:
if you have to call an ambulance, it can be REALLY expensive, even if you have insurance. Here in Raleigh, we have a really cool program where you pay $60 a year, and you get unlimited, free ambulance service. It's well worth it; I got it a few years ago and have only used it once, but it's still paid for itself many times over.Worth investigating locally...

crmj1183
07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Thank Danica and Rob,

Today is definitely a challenge. I was off yesterday thank god, but today Im back up and at work. Trying not to lose it. This is a real tough time for me and this website helps me with coping knowing that Im not alone. Rob, you're gonna be just fine. God would never give you anything you cant handle, remeber that, so the next time you ask yourself why its because he knows that you are strong and will prevail through anything. You definitely inspire me Rob, YOU ROCK!!!!!

And Danica, I almost dont believe you are a real person, lol.... so sweet:yes: its unreal I feel really blessed to have met you. THx Hon you're the best!!!

Thank for listening and checking on me
Chriss

sickofbeingsick
07-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I go through the same thing at night. Its only at night. I wake up and cannot for the life of me move my legs. If i had to get out of bed, I would not be able to. It lasts about ten minutes, then goes away. I always thought that my legs had fallen asleep, except they never get that pins-and-needles feeling.

One more thing I can write down for the rheumy appt in august I guess.

Danica01
07-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Thank Danica and Rob,

Today is definitely a challenge. I was off yesterday thank god, but today Im back up and at work. Trying not to lose it. This is a real tough time for me and this website helps me with coping knowing that Im not alone. Rob, you're gonna be just fine. God would never give you anything you cant handle, remeber that, so the next time you ask yourself why its because he knows that you are strong and will prevail through anything. You definitely inspire me Rob, YOU ROCK!!!!!

And Danica, I almost dont believe you are a real person, lol.... so sweet:yes: its unreal I feel really blessed to have met you. THx Hon you're the best!!!

Thank for listening and checking on me
Chriss

Thank you for your sweet words. I just care about you and what happens to you......I want you here for a VERY long time! I also feel blessed to have your love and support in life. I hope this message find you feeling a little bit better. I am thinking of you every day and hopefully the positive thoughts will help. I am sending you lots of gently hugs :hug: