PDA

View Full Version : At my wits end....

crmj1183
07-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Im so tired of this water retention!!!!!!!! (AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH) somebody help me, please!!
I cant fit any of my shoes or clothes I ve gained about 25lbs in water weight!!! Im so uncomfortable, fat, ugly and slow. What I mean by slow is I cant really walk. Im so frustrated and so over this whole lupus bit. Im not myself Im tired this emotional rollercoaster and I hate what its doing to my loved ones. Its taking a toll on me which ultimately effects them. I feel bad for them because I know they are tired of me. Hell, Im tired of me. I just want it to be over. Ugh!!! I hate Lupus :hissyfit::hissyfit:

Thanks for listening
Chriss

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Hey chriss

We are all in the smae boat as you, my face looked like a pumkin this morning lol, and my left leg is so swollen i dont know what it looks like normal!

What i find funny is when u push ure fingertip into ure ankle and it leaves an imprint lol,

Sometimes tho when its really bad i have a cold bath....mmmmm lush!

u can get WR pills, but they make you wee alot

ISDM

Oluwa
07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I can come and kick it's hinder...and while I am doing it, whoop mine.

Sorry, Chriss that you are having an ugly day, tomorrow should be better....so look forward to that. Your body may or not change but I think your spirit will..

I forgot Chriss, when is your appointment...keep focusing on that date and it will soon be here...relief is on it's way...

Head hugs,
Love,
Oluwa

Pearl
07-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Hang in there Chriss. As long as you are on this side of the grass, you are winning the fight. IT is a dastardly beast though, isn't it???

Here's to a better day tomorrow.

Jana

mountaindreamer
07-12-2009, 11:19 AM
hi chriss,

so sorry about the water retention.....yes, this is another yukky part of this hateful disease and/or the treatment. You can certainly try a diuretic (some can even be bought without a prescription). I swell up really bad whenever the lupus is attacking. For example, my wrists and ankles are swollen right now, and in trememdous pain....i know the lupus is on the attack.....makes me want to drain all blood and stuff from my body and put new/clean stuff in....wish it was possible.

I hate knowing that some little monsters are attacking my body....it is a real pisser.

SandyR
07-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Chriss,
I was feeling this exact way only a 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was also so swollen that driving was pretty impossible. It went on for 3 months. :grumpy: ISDM, I also found it amusing to poke the ankles and see the finger indent. In a revolting kind of way! :laugh: Happily, I can now say that my ankles look pretty normal. They are still a little bigger then they once were, but the horrible pain and the cankles are gone. I hope your ankles find some relief now. I would suggest taking a picture of them so that you can show your doc if the swelling goes down by then. My swelling had gone down 2 days before my rheumy appt and even though I had told him about the swelling, I don't think he really believed how severe it was till he saw the pic. Keep your feet up and rest today and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Sandy

crmj1183
07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks everybody for all your support, hugs to everyone.
SandyR, I ve actually started keeping an album after reading one of your threads I thought, huh thats GOOD IDEA, I think the doctors think we are OVER EXAGGERATING.

cHRISS

Danica01
07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh Chriss! I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. If I could I would take some of the water weight on for you! Please keep your head up and keep venting to us. We all understand and hate what are bodies are doing to us. It sucks that we are on poisonous medications that at times actually make us feel as bad as the disease :no: Don't give up and remember that we would miss you if you were not here. One good thing about our disease is that it brought all of us together. Lupus joined us and made a beautiful chain around the world. Tomorrow is another day and another chance or our bodies to cooperate and let us live a little more comfy. I am sending you gentle hugs and warn thoughts of friendship and love. I hope it surrounds you a keeps you safe :hug:

crmj1183
07-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys......

I needed that, all the love :yes:

Chriss

SandyR
07-13-2009, 08:24 PM
If I could I would take some of the water weight on for you!
Danica,
Since you are offering to take other people's water weight I want to know where I sign my name to that list? :)

Chriss,
Everytime I show a new doc that foot pic they are like "Ohhhhhh, you're NOT exagerating!" and I know it's smug but I can't help feeling like saying "I told you so, sucker!" Hope the pics help for you too.
Sandy

brandichi
07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Chriss, I'm sorry you're going through this. I had water retention a few months back and it drove me crazy too. I mean, how on earth could I possibly gain 8 pounds overnight?!?! Lupus. Arghhhhh!!!! The good thing is that it eventually goes away. The hard part is wating for it to finally happen! Sending you lots of hugs, love and friendship. Hang in there, and show lupus who's boss!! :yes: