PDA

View Full Version : candidiasis

AmyK
07-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I went to a nutritional screening today and the suppliments that it recomended for me to take were for candidiasis!

I have never had a yeast infection but did some googling and found out that it's common to have systemic candidiasis and lupus.

I'm having some panic issues right now reading about it online and wanted to know if anyone has gone through this?

Should I call my doc on Monday with this new info or is this all just up in my head?

Please give me any feedback! I'm exhusted!

Monique89
07-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey there!!
I have no idea to be honest, i have never heard of candidiasis...
I just wanted to reply xxxx
Im sure someone else will come along with great info for you...

Danica01
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I have been reading up on this a lot lately and there is a specific blood test that will show if you have this. Once you are diagnosed, most people respond very well to treatment. I would call your doctor. The reason I suggest this is so that everyone that is involved with your disease is on the same page and also if they want to start treating you , you want to make sure it will not interfere with anything you doctor has you on. Don't panic, they are finding that this is more common they they originally thought. Remember we are all here to support you and get you through this confusing, difficult time. There are a few others that are more familiar with this and I am sure they will be along shortly. You will have so much information and help that you will rest easy. Good luck and keep us posted! Here is a link with some more information for you:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/candidiasis_yeast_infection/article_em.htm