PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Narrowboat nutter much needed

iseedeadmonkeys
07-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Please, aka Rakel

She got rushed into hospital at 2am GMT British time this morning following screams being heard from my friends flat (she lives above her) Rakel was experiencing pains in her stomach, and was taken into hospital Harlow Essex.

From what i gather she was operated on some time this morning, i cant tell you too much cause i dont know myself, all i know is i got a message from one of my friends telling me what had happened and how to go about contacting her mum (who lives in france), so i sent her an email via facebook, also those of you who are friends with her on facebook please refrain from sending anything or posting on her wall as i really dont know when her mum will receive my email, also it will cause alot of unwanted pannick to anyone who doesnt know about it, thankyou for understanding what i mean.

The nurses wont give out any info on her but all i kno is they are looking after her and she ios in the best hands, me and Rakel have the same rhuemy so i kno she is in the best of care.

Anyway please take some time into thinking about her tonight in your prayers

Thanx again and i will let you all know how she is when i know myself

P&L

ISDM
xxx

Pearl
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
You are both in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Jana

Spanglishqueen
07-11-2009, 03:06 PM
My thoughts are with her and her family and friends.

Rastagirl
07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I'll be praying for her....please let us know as soon as you hear anything, Jane.

Thanks for sharing this with us....hugs for you, my dear. :hug: I know how much you are there for your friends...this can't be easy for you.

Try not to worry.....and know that we are praying. :angelic:

:cool2: Lori

Monique89
07-11-2009, 09:45 PM
My thoughts are with her and her family & friends xxxxx

Angel Oliver
07-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Oh Jane,thanks for letting us know and i am thinking of her n her family.Like you said she is in the best place to heal and get any pain n problems sorted.Hope her mum gets the email soon.

Thoughts n love
from Amanda.xxxxxxxx

Oluwa
07-12-2009, 04:58 AM
Dear Lord Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father....We thank and praise you for hearing our prayers for a successful surgery for Rakel, and for giving the surgeons the special skills to perform her surgery. Please restore her to full health and strength. Thank you, God. Amen.

Love,
OLuwa

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Hello All,

I got an email back from her mother this morning, saying thanx for letting her now, it was very sweet of me and if i hadnt of emailed her she would now still be none the wiser,

She had a burst ulcer which would explain the screams of pain she was going thru, her mum and dad are now in touch with the hospital, and from what i can gather she is doing very well.

Rakes mum said she will email when she nos more, but il leave it with her, my friend who lives above her txted me this morning to tell me what had happend to her, All i can say is quick thinking, we live in the same village and are very close, i spent christmas day with her and got to kno the man who is looking after her cats, and ive always known Ange (who lives above her) cause we used to work together, anyway all good news really.

Il be checking on her tmrw, hopefully, i wont be able to get up to the hospital but i will phone and send on "our" well wishes

P&L
ISDM
xxx

Angel Oliver
07-12-2009, 05:04 AM
OUCH oh what pain she must have gone through.So glad her Mum has been in touch.You are a good friend Jane,so caring.Send her our love n thoughts and thanks for letting us all know.

love Amanda.xxxxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 05:07 AM
That is really sweet O

She will like reading that prayer, she is very religous, she is jewish, im not religous but am spritual, whatever we all belive in, i think it all boils down to the similar beilef,

Anyway i just want to say that was a lovely prayer

Thank you

ISDM
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I just got this email from Rake's mum...

Hi Jane.
Sorry for the delay, I have just phone the Sister again & Rakel is doing fine.
She had a burst stomach ulcer resulting from her medications.
She will be in Hosptail for the week.
I shall keep you posted.
Hugs.
carolxx

Ive told her i will try and pop up to see her this week, so if u want me to pass anything on to her, il try print out this thread to give to her, if not email me

Cheers

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
07-12-2009, 11:38 AM
hi ISDM,

so glad that Rakel is doing ok....you are the best friend that a girl could ever want....how thoughtful for you to contact her parents.

i will add her to my prayer list today....

also, sending you giant hugs today.

Rastagirl
07-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the update, Jane.

So glad to hear that things are okay. Thank goodness Rakel made it to the hospital and received great care....how terribly painful and scary that must have been.

I hope her recovery time is quick and good health returns for her soon.... :veryhappy:

Tell her to rest up and may each new day find her feeling better and better.

Hugs :hug:

Fondly,

Danica01
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Amen Oluwa :grouphug:

Jane: You are an amazing friend and thank you so much for keeping us updated she will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Oluwa
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM
You're welcome, Jane of the Jungle.

The power of prayers....very powerful. Happy to know she is on her way to wellness...

Give her our love and caring words...a friend of yours is a friend of ours.

Love,
Oluwa

Rastagirl
07-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey ISDM.....

Just wondering if you've heard anything more from Rakel, aka Narrowboatnutter.....how is she doing?

Would love an update if you've got news.

Saysusie
07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
And we are hoping that recuperation was swift and complete. Please let us know!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
07-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Hiya yeah

i got a couple of emails from her the other day,

She was close to death which i dint realise, at the time more worried about getting her mum to contact the hopspital, and then (im sure she wont mind me writing this) the nurses say that she is a bad mother for not flying from france to harlow (eng) her mum has really bad Epilepsy so she has seizures mostly every day flying is hard eg insurance etc (i kno from working in that enviroment) her dad is on oxegen mostly all day as he has problems with his lungs flying is not an option! so i thought that was pretty rude of the drs really.

She is home now she asked me about having cortisone injections rather than predisolone, i told her the benefits are much better, she wont be able to take the pred anymore now big no no. she is doing well just now having to deal with a really bad flare also but hopefully will be there soon, she is under the same consultant as me, and is also having the same probs as i did with his side kick (oh tht reminds me come monday im kicking off BIG time)
So there we go, she much prefers to be at home with her cats, ive still not seen her yet, but i will make time to visit her next week.

From your friend
The mental health
ISDM

abbasgirl
07-25-2009, 12:24 AM
What a sweet pal you are. Thanks for letting us know about it too.

I've put her on my prayer list.

I agree...that was very rude of the drs!

iseedeadmonkeys
07-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Thank you abbasgirl

ISDM
xx

crmj1183
07-25-2009, 07:43 AM
My prayers are with Rakel as well

chriss

brandichi
07-25-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm praying for her too.

narrowboatnutter
07-25-2009, 12:24 PM
hiya everyone...isdm let me know about the thread today....i am very taken back by it all, thanks so much for all your thought and prayers...its mean alot to me, because as isdm said i am very religious, i am a jewish believer in Christ, and when i got home from hospital i felt like He (Christ )was hugging me all day and felt such peace and oneness with Him, and i can still feel Him looking after me and taking away all my worry's and the flare is going now, im feeling huge amounts better, almost back to my normal level of systoms following a flare so all's good there then....and my tummy feels o.k now, im just very, very tried but my g.p tells me that im gonna feel extra tried for ages because of the sugrey and the flare and that i should be kind to myself and take is easy for awhile until i feel my strenght come back

it was very silly of me, as i did get very ill with it, it was a close call, as just after i went into hospital all my vital signs went very werid and they had to put me in the trama /res room for 3 hours with a doctor and a nurse sitting with me all the time, they gave me 2 i.v drip's as i think my body went into shock or something!!! what was silly is that i had it for 12 hours before i did anything about it...id just come back from my g.p's , as i had -had a flare, but was feeling better from it so it all looked good and then 30 mins later i got this really bad pain in my tummy...it felt like i had hot lava in my tummy and it was some of the worst pain ive had....i thought it was a bit of the flare hanging about as ive had pain like that with a flare ( but in my heart not my tummy)...so i decided to take my painkillers and see what happened. the pain eased off but i couldnt move, and when i eat or drunk anything it came back....but i still thought it was abit of the flare id just had so i decided to wait till i had my evening meds to see what it would do. took my evening meds which made no difference and then a few hours after that the buring , hot lava feeling came back - but it was worse, and then it occured to me that when ever id had pain like that with a flare, i was always in hopsital or got addimitted to hospital with it, and then i started to feel very dizzy with it, so i called 999. the pain was so bad i was shouting out to deal with it! i was very surprised when at hospital they were all very concerned about it, because i wasnt - rigth until they rushed me into the trama /resusation room - then i got abit scared....the doctors thought it was one of 2 things then, both needed surgrey - and they said id be o.k till mid morning, lunchtime and if they hadnt found what it was they would have to operate regardless but they wanted to find out what it was first to avoid unnessuary surgrey...a cat scan and mri later and they knew it was a burst ulcer, i was in sugrey pretty much rigth away. its quite abig wound, 21 stitches worth as they had to wash out alot of stomach acid out because id left it 12 hours with it leaking into my body.

i guess when you live with painful conditions you just get used to it, and im always worried im bugging the doctors over nothing so i always try and sit it out...although after this im reviewing my 'when to call for help pain limit' and the hospital said it is always better to come in and it to be something simple than to sit it out and it be something serious, as at one point my body started to go into shock, with my heart rate and breathing and stuff going werid - but if i had called the doctors or dialled 999 when it started i wouldnt have got that as it would have been dealt with hours before it got that serious. i guess theres a learn to be learned for all of us here lol!!!

just also want to add, thanks so much isdm for thinking and carng so much, you really are a super friend and im very lucky and honoured to have you in my life ...love u loads mate xxx