PDA

View Full Version : can i change the day of my mtx

mountaindreamer
07-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi guys.....i have a question about taking my mtx tonight instead of monday night. My daughter and i messed up and we scheduled my grandaughter's birthday party for tuesday....she is having a fairy princess tea party here at my house....what fun it will be.

my question...i need to take my mtx tonight instead of monday night, and i am wondering if it could be a problem. If anyone has experience with altering dosing days, please let me know.

thanks to all.

Angel Oliver
07-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I just looked on google but o How do I take methotrexate?

Methotrexate is usually taken by mouth as a tablet. Sometimes it is given as an injection (a shot). It is a strong medicine, so it is important to take it exactly as the doctor tells you. NEVER change the amount you take or the time of day you take this medicine. If you forget a dose, talk to your doctor before you take another dose. If you take too much methotrexate, it can cause serious side effects.
nly found this.May be ask other members as they ay have done it and been ok.But read this first......

Angel Oliver
07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/articles/628.html#ArticleParsysMiddleColumn0002

This is the site i read it from.xxxx

mountaindreamer
07-11-2009, 12:13 PM
oh wow,

Thanks Amanda,,,,i am so glad that i asked about changing the day....thanks for the website...goind there now.

Angel Oliver
07-11-2009, 12:18 PM
You are welcome.

Now i dont take that med,so ask others who do as they may have done it n been ok.But reading that site,it says be keep to the same day n time.Dont want you feeling sicker.

Im off now so you take care .

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx

Danica01
07-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Ok, itt may not have been right but in order for me to go back to work I had to switch my shot from Monday to Friday. I took my normal dose on Monday night and then on Friday I took a very small dose and then the following Friday I took my normal dose. It threw me off a bit but I was just fine and the doctor did not have a problem with it. I just made sure I stood with in the max dose of methotrexate per week the week I took it more than once. I took .77cc on Monday night and .4cc on Friday night and then from there on out stayed at my .7cc. The max any one can take is 1.0cc and I think this equals 10 pills. It is possible and I did it and I am just fine. Things happen and life may ask us to make changes and we just have to adjust and I really think you will be just fine. If you have anymore questions just ask :angelic:

Angel Oliver
07-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Hi Danica,

Thanks so much for posting this for Phyllis.I was'nt sure at all n worried all night lol.Glad it was ok for you and now Phyllis can maybe do the same if needed.

love Amanda.xxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
07-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Mountain

Like i wrote on your profile i really wouldnt want you to be sick, as everyone is diff with taking it, Please please ask your dr before you change your mtx day,

My friend once changed her mtx day and got really sick having to have emergency treatment i would hate for this to happen to you also.

Take care my friend

ISDM
xxx

mountaindreamer
07-12-2009, 10:13 AM
hi everyone,

thanks so very much for your replies and concerns. I decided not to take the mtx early. I already take the max (1.00cc) and did not want to risk messing everything up. I will take the shot on Monday night, and see how it goes. My daughter got help with the party, so i can just stay in bed if necessary.

Everyday i am reminded of how much each of you means to me.....what a comfort it is to know that i can ask a question, read all of the knowledgeable answers, and make an educated decision. With this disease, this is an incredible stress relief.

Danica01
07-13-2009, 12:59 AM
hi everyone,

thanks so very much for your replies and concerns. I decided not to take the mtx early. I already take the max (1.00cc) and did not want to risk messing everything up. I will take the shot on Monday night, and see how it goes. My daughter got help with the party, so i can just stay in bed if necessary.

Everyday i am reminded of how much each of you means to me.....what a comfort it is to know that i can ask a question, read all of the knowledgeable answers, and make an educated decision. With this disease, this is an incredible stress relief.

We all love you too! You have become and important part of my life and in so many other lives. Thank you for always being here and having such a positive outlook on even the worst days :angelic:

crmj1183
07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
hey mountaindreamer,
I dont know anything about mtx, and it sounds like you've mad a decision already anyway, I just wanted wish well with the dosage switch, and I hope it all works out.

Chriss