PDA

View Full Version : protien

justomegirlindallas
07-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Hey - Me again
I went to ER because GP was gone and I had a hunch I was getting a UTI

I'm on 30 MG steriods (prenisone) a day and about to start weaning

The results of my UA that was a bit scary was the protien spillage..

My results were UA Protein >=500 and the reference range is <15
Right now I'm being treated for pyelonephritis until a culture comes back stating othrwise

crmj1183
07-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Hey, I hope things turn around for you real soon. Im actually experiencing the same problem right now, I have an excessive amoutn of protein spilling in my urine. And Im on 60mg a day of steroids (AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!) I'll keep you in my prayers.

Chriss

justomegirlindallas
07-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey, I hope things turn around for you real soon. Im actually experiencing the same problem right now, I have an excessive amoutn of protein spilling in my urine. And Im on 60mg a day of steroids (AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!) I'll keep you in my prayers.

Chriss

how long have you been on that high of a dose of steriods?

crmj1183
07-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Only 2 weeks, but because of my doctors quick response he was actully able to save my main kidney function without giving me additonal meds. He just upped the dose of prednisone. Prior to this I was only taking 10 mg's. And that wasnt too bad, so hopefully they can get me down quickly. I just wish it was something we could do to help ourselves you know? Like something we could do to contribute to our well being. I feel helpless in my own situation

Chriss

justomegirlindallas
07-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Is this your first time taking that high of a dose? You might feel manic off and on so watch your spending and eating habits *whistles to self* I just got a longer weaning schedule for my prednisone and I'm whincing a bit but at leat I'll be coming off after the peak of summer. My bladder doesn't empty all the way so I'm real suseptible to Bladder / kidney infections. My GFR is pretty good but I only have one kidney that is infected.

I also noticed that there was Urobilinogen in my urine and bilirubin - thats never been there before but my liver enzymes were normal

As far as helping yourself? Here is an idea, start a Mission 101 in 1001. You can read mine and if it inspires you - do one too!! :) I have to inspire a few people to do a Mission

http://sororenotis.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A8CCF53BE8F48318!353.entry

Pearl
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I am sorry you are both fighting the beast and your weapon has to be steriods. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Jana

crmj1183
07-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Anna thanx for the link, and Ive been on a high dose before but probably only a week so no never this long, I dont look like myself anymore.

crmj1183
07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Pearl,

U r sooooo right about prednisone being a beast, lol. But I am grateful and I always make it thru any storm and this too will pass and I willl be stronger and better. Man o man I cant wait for the storm to be over.:wideeyed:
Thanks for keepimg me in your prayers I can never have enough of that. God bless.......

Chriss

widebody
07-11-2009, 05:12 PM
so sorry to hear about both of you struggling with steroids. Glad to hear you say (Chriss) that your doc caught your issue in time to save your kidneys, though. Hang in there, i'll be praying for you!

crmj1183
07-12-2009, 06:51 AM
thx widebody I need all the support and prayers I can get

Bless
Chriss

Danica01
07-13-2009, 12:24 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know that I am thinking of you. I hate that you are battling this and feeling so yucky. Hang in there and remember we are all here for you :grouphug:

mountaindreamer
07-13-2009, 06:08 AM
hi chriss and ana,

so sorry you both are having these steroid issues, however,i am so glad that you have each other to walk with through these trying times.

i hope both of you are having a better day today.