PDA

View Full Version : updating everyone on the dr appt

crmj1183
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I went to the doctor today and she said my main kidney function was good and my kidneys are functioning fine just dumping a lot of excess protein. So i have to continue on a higher dosage of steroids until its at amore minimal level :wacko:, As for the swelling of my legs, feet , and ankles i just have to wait it out :She said there isnt anything else I can do :hissyfit:, Saysusie, you gave me some good tips and Im going to try those. Im happy with the fact that Iv gotten better since my June 30th appt, but I wish I was physically able to do more:no:. So I think later Im gonna try and get out with some friends to get my mind off of things. My feet are so swollen that I cant even buckle my sandals :grumpy:. Well I hop all is well with everyone else. And Im open for any suggestion people may have.

Thanx for listening
Chriss

Angel Oliver
07-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Glad the appointment was ok and your kidneys are good too. I have swollen knees n ankles,elbows n big fat second chin lol,not usually like that lol.Im on celebrex and seems to help with the leg pain.My swellings go up n down on t heir own accord.I lie in bed with my legs and arms on pillars,seem to help with the swellings t go down n the pain too.
I think a night out with the girls sounds fab.Just were pumps or loose comfy shoes,it'll help,but enjoy and try n forget for a few hours,you deserve to have some fun.

love Amanda.xxxx

gina
07-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I know the feeling of swelling i wear flip flops all the time so feet don't get crushed i even bought bigger size shoes.

glad kidneys are doing ok hope that all it is for me when i go to docs about my protein.

have fun with friends you deserve it.:laugh:

crmj1183
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanx guys,

Just you guys responding to me makes me feel better and I think I will hang out and forget my worries

Angel Oliver
07-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes you do that.Have you tried the social groups yet or the arcade? xxx