PDA

View Full Version : So P.O.ed Right Now

red246
07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm so MAD I could scream! :arghh: I called the docs office today to see about getting some pain medicine. I have been hurting after I take the Metho on Fridays and at other times. I wanted to have something on hand. Of course, doc was busy, no biggy. I had to go out after waiting 1/2 the day for them to call back & let know me know what the doc said. When I got home the message said, "The methotrexate takes a while to kick in. Keep taking it & the prednisone. If you don't already have a prescription for the prednison, call back & let us know & we'll call it in for you."

What part of "I'm in pain for a couple of days after I take the Metho, and Tylenol isn't cutting it", isn't clear?????? :omg: You stupid :cussing:!!!!!!!!! Okay, calming down now.................. I just want to wring someone's neck!

mountaindreamer
07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
hi red,

are you kidding me? You don't have a script for pain med....I have run accross drs. who think we are just trying to get pain meds, and they are reluctant to prescribe them. My rheumy even questioned me about my script for Dilaudid. I got her to agree to a trial partial script in order to prove that i would not abuse them....after i did not ask for another script for months, she now has no hesitation in refilling my script. I guess what i am saying is .....calmly stand up for yourself, prove to your dr. that you know your body and that you have no intentions of abusing it, and request a trial period for some medication that will relieve the pain.

You might want to call back tomorrow and ask to speak to his nurse or physician's assistant....maybe you can explain how bad your pain is to them.

So sorry you are going through this, hope you can get everything resolved. And this is the place to be pissed off.....we listen to anything.

red246
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks Phyllis! :cute: I do plan on calling them first thing. The thing that's so funny is I hate taking medicine! Especially pain medicine/sleep medicine. Long story, but I don't like when something makes me not in control. On the other hand, I don't like hurting either!

Leksie
07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks Phyllis! :cute: I do plan on calling them first thing. The thing that's so funny is I hate taking medicine! Especially pain medicine/sleep medicine. Long story, but I don't like when something makes me not in control. On the other hand, I don't like hurting either!

I feel you, I hate having to take pain meds because I'm a control freak!! LOL.... Lupus already makes me feel like I'm not in control and that luppie feeling that pain meds gives me makes me crazy. I hope you can get some relief in the morning....pain is no fun :sad2: By the time I usually ask for pain meds it is too late. Keep your head up!

Natasha

SandyR
07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
red, I know what you mean about meds. I really don't like to take them either. In fact, the only thing I take on a daily basis is birth control. Last winter, I cleaned out a draw and found at least 10 unfilled scripts for meds. I just don't like flooding my body with meds if I can help myself with a more natural approach. I think Phyllis gave you some good advise. Call them back tomorrow and tell them how you feel about meds and your pain. Good luck!

Rastagirl
07-09-2009, 10:22 PM

That is exactly right, Lauren. What you need to do is calmly, like Phyllis said, explain what you just said right here, to the person at your doctor's office. Tell them that you don't like being out of control of your body, nor having to put pills into it, but you must be able to get some sleep for a night without terrible pain, so that you get continue to function. Ask them to use that pain scale they ask patients to use...and tell them your pain is an 8.

The reality of Lupus is, there are times when the pain gets to be unbearable. I have been there way too many times during my 27 years with Lupus. I completely understand that sometimes, you have to have some relief from it. Something that takes the edge off. And unfortunately, from experience, I also know that sometimes you can try everything you can think of for the pain, short of pain medication...the Advil, the icebags, the heat, massaging, etc. and you are still suffering. It just plain sucks.

For those days when my joint pain and flares were at their worst, the only things that truly ever gave relief were pain medications and Prednisone. I used the pain medications sparingly, like Phyllis.

I'm really sorry you're hurting so much...wish I could take some of it for you....gentle hugs, Lauren.

:cool2: Lori

p.s. let them know that no one with Lupus wants to be a drug addict...we HATE taking pills!

Delphinia981
07-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Puh-lease...I can't stand when doctors discount our feelings like that! I feel your frustration, my dear...wish it didn't have to be so hard sometimes. Like we ENJOY this crap or something...*shakes head*

red246
07-10-2009, 07:40 AM
And round 2 begins..........called this morning, office closed please call other office. So, explained to them about yesterday and why I need something. She said she will give a message to the doctor, only problem is they don't have my records at that office. You know there are days that I hate computers & everything being computerized and then there are days that I love it & wonder why everyone doesn't use them! UGH! I was very calm, did not blast the girl answering the phone.
So, now we'll see how long it takes before I get a phone call back! Oh, and yes, we do enjoy this crap! Just love being treated like dirt! Not! :)

Patty13637
07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Well I hope they call you back soon.

This is a reason I try to get a refill before I really need one.

Patty

debbie-b
07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I have to take Ambien, in order to get any sleep at all. I have to call my doc for a refill every month and pick up the prescription, to take it to the pharmacy. Last month I took my script in and was ready to pick it up and the pharmacist said" you can't have them until the day after tomorrow, because you should still have two pills". I said " yes I have two left, but I am here today and don't want to have to come back in two days". He refused to fill my script, and I had a fit, does he think I am a junky? Well I told him if my doctor nor my health insurance has a problem with me getting my meds early, who the hell does he think he is, to refuse me. So I just told him to give me my prescription back, went to Walgreens and got my pills within 10 minutes.
All these jerks think they are God.

Debbie

gina
07-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Hopefully the doctor will remember you and give you the meds.
i would of sat in his waiting room my self and make him talk to me. sometimes the girl on the phone doesn't relay messages correctly or at all and when dr. gets it already has mind set up and thats that.

good luck, i also always have pain meds in house if i get low ask dr. for a refill you never know when your going to hurt.:yes:

red246
07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Finally talked to the doc this afternoon. I don't understand what the problem is w/her. She was so hesitant to prescrible anything. And then she goes and says that if the Meth isn't working than maybe we need to think about something else. Excuse me, I;ve only taken 2 doses. I told her w/the exception of the few days after & if I go outside too much or something stupid like that, that I'm feeling better than I was before.
Anyway, she prescribed Tramidol or something like that. Guess I will find out about it, remember reading something on here about it.......
Thank you all for listening to me rant! :cute:

SandyR
07-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Red I am so glad to hear that she finally shut her mouth and opened her ears (and perscription pad). I really hope that script helps you to feel better soon.
Sandy

red246
07-10-2009, 06:15 PM
:laugh: Me too! Thanks!