PDA

View Full Version : Rheumatoid......

TobyJug
07-09-2009, 06:54 AM
I have Rheumatoid as well as Lupus and my joins are getting quite some restriction now...

My hands, fingers, wrists and knees are the worst...

I am only 27 and it sucks really but hey what can u do just get up and keep going..

I was just wondering who else has Rheumatoid and how do you deal with it...
I find it highly annoying that I can't walk proper specially in the morning, at night or after I sat down for a while....

I used to be extremely active and just can't do it any more... After I walked the dog for about an hour my knees are on fire and I need to sit down for a while....
Then I can't get up proper....

anyway sorry for the rant it's just annoying me.... :x

Oluwa
07-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Though I don't have RA, I can relate in a way, Lupus Arthritis. Lupus arthritis and RA must be doing a double whammy on ya.

I do understand the walk..I call it my full diaper walk..like I crappy my pants, toting a load till I can get upright.

Ever see those cartoons, how man evolved...gradually each picture depicts a more erect walk. I resemble that after any sitting.

Too, my tendons at my heels...Achilles feel short and I feel like my feet walk like a duck..quack, quack. Like pointing upward at a 45 degree....weird. You too?

It takes a long while to unfold after a night of sleep. For me, I pop a Lortab if I feel it maybe a rough night so I don't wake frozen in a painful position...How are your sleeps? Maybe that might be an idea...

While sitting, try to adjust often...though I forget too. Instead of keeping feet flat on the ground while sitting, cross at the ankles..that might help ease the pressure on your hips, knees, ankles and feet. It does for me...well, when I remember...

Hot topical creams?
Ice?
Scotch?

Love,
O.

crmj1183
07-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Tobyjug....

Im sorry your arthritis is so bad :(. I can completely relate to feeling old Im only 25 and I feel like Im 80 sometimes. It gets better

TobyJug
07-09-2009, 08:04 AM
that is the one Oluwa......
I take a lot of Vit C and biergist (brewers yeast?) that makes me sleep like a log now..
I never slept well in my life but this combination really knocks me out.. so sleeping is good lately...

Scotch...mmmm not good with the tabs but does help lol or JD and Cola well pepsi.. lol

crmj1183 I know how you feel we're not far apart in age...
sucks don't it.... but hey keep smiling I always say even if u have to tickle yourself.... :D

Rastagirl
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Awww Toby....really sorry about getting the Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis. That sucks....on top of Lupus, which sucks in and of itself.

I don't have Rheumatoid arthritis, but recently found out my 27 years with Arthritis, and being on Prednisone, have damaged my wrist comparable to what Rheumatoid does. Though much more slowly. It's been collapsing and twisting my arm at the elbow and shoulder...pretty painful. So need to have surgery on it now...end of summer.

You should chat with your doc about finding the right treatment to slow down the damage as much as you can. I know that there are more options for meds to treat Rheumatoid nowadays. I recommend not waiting until the damage has been done....get on top of it quickly....to preserve your joints as much as possible.

I think I read in another of your threads that you were started on Methotrexate....is that for the Rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus?

Really sorry about the news....big hugs to you :hug:

I ALWAYS love your attitude on here....even with the worst of news....you've got a comeback that makes me giggle....

*keep smiling...even if you have to tickle yourself* (that is priceless)

Another comment that made me smile :veryhappy: Pepsi over Coke !!!

Fondly....from another Pepsi fan! (and JD)

:cool2: Lori

iseedeadmonkeys
07-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey Tobelerone,

Its been too long since we last spoke! a little scary mary!

I too have the R.A also, so know the pains your talking about,
Wasnt til about a month ago i realised tht not all lupie sufferes suffured with R,A too,
anyway sending big Runcorn hugs

Jane
xxx

debbie-b
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I have Rheumatoid as well as Lupus and my joins are getting quite some restriction now...

My hands, fingers, wrists and knees are the worst...

I am only 27 and it sucks really but hey what can u do just get up and keep going..

I was just wondering who else has Rheumatoid and how do you deal with it...
I find it highly annoying that I can't walk proper specially in the morning, at night or after I sat down for a while....

I used to be extremely active and just can't do it any more... After I walked the dog for about an hour my knees are on fire and I need to sit down for a while....
Then I can't get up proper....

anyway sorry for the rant it's just annoying me.... :x

I have both as well, or let me say I have a tripple whammy, Lupus, RA and Fibro. I know how you feel, I am in pain all the time, with me its my fingers, wrists, elbows, hips and lately my right shoulder. Mine is also worse in the morning, but also after sitting or long car rides ( more than 20 minutes) and at night if I am laying on my hip, sometimes my right ankle hurts like it's broken and my right knee as well. Reading what I just wrote, it looks that more joints hurt than not. On top of all this misery, I have alot of muscle pain, around my shoulder blades and around my ribs, front and back. My husband and I were talking last night, I can't remember when I was completly painfree, it has been a long time, even though it is not always excrutiating pain, all the time. I take Nabumetone 750 MG, an NSAIDS, it helps, but it messes with my stomach. Without those pills, I could not function, when it is really bad, I take VICCADON, maybe once or twice a month. I know how this pain puts a damper on my life, and I am 53, so I can imagine how you feel, being so young.

Debbie