PDA

View Full Version : update on husband

kim,l
07-08-2009, 11:37 PM
health department notified us yesterday one of his blood test came back he has ross river fever it is caused by mosquitos he got it while we were away on vacation 2months ago as well he developed rare phuemonia which caused him to have heart attack which damaged his heart he also had blocked arteries and heart arythmias which caused his heart to fail while in hospital he was close to death twice in hospital ross river also caused his brain to be inflamed they also believe while taking test he has early onset dementia which is becoming worse.he is exhausted just showering he sits in a chair just like i have to because we have a bath and neither of us have the energy we are fighting goverment housing to transfer us to a place with a shower but it is all red tape. my son is here now and he is helping around the house. my mother inlaw helps she is my best friend i dont know how i would cope without her as my own mother is interstate she cooks meals and helps clean the house when she can. my brother inlaw drives me around to appointments an do groceries it is hard as we are used to being self sufficient stephen feels so useless and depressed right now both of us are depressed. i am so tired i am frightened to sleep as i worry he could have a attack or stop breathing and i won,t hear him i can,t cry because i do not want him to see me upset. sarah is just begining to get over swine flu but has now contracted gastro virus her immune system is week. mikaela is still sick with influenza doctor wants me to get both girls tested for lupus as they are both showing signs of having lupus which is worrying because mikaela already has epilesy and autistic spectrum and sarah post traumatic stress disorder and ocd this would just add to every thing it just never ends sometimes i just feel like giving up just not getting out of bed today was one of those days. sorry for whining as all of you have the same difficulties and probably worse than me. thankyou for listening my friends hope you are having good days and feel well love kim l

lagrace
07-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Oh sweetie, I am sorry for what you are going through. Try to keep your head up. I will be thinking of you and have you in my prayers.
Lisa

gina
07-09-2009, 06:18 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family. sometimes i wander why we keep being tested in life. but there is a reason and you hang in there. like i always say no matter how bad i feel or whats going on i woke up this morning, which is a blessing in its own.

Saysusie
07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
There is no such thing as whining here. You are dealing with so much right now with your entire family in some form of medical crisis. I wish that there was something that we could do. But, I am sending you and your family my prayers. Please know that we are here for you and that you and your family are in our thoughts!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
07-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I wish all your family heal very soon.I know it'll take time,but please know you are in my thoughts.You have had to deal with so much lately.When you can rest.We are all here for you and thinking of you always.

lots of love Amanda.xxxx

SandyR
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
oh Kim, when it rains it really pours, huh? I am sorry to hear that things are still piling up on you. What did the health department say about how long beforen Stephen should expect to feel better?

kim,l
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
could take months and it could reoccur again at anytime it is similiar to malaria he must rest or will have set back when i first took him to hospital i told doctors we had been in tropics on holiday and asked them could he have ross river but they said no there had been no cases for years and sent him home with sinus tablets 2 days later was rushed to hospital had heart attack sometimes these doctors treat you like you are an idiot i am so angry maybe if they had tested for this he may not of had the heart attack now this will be in his system forever. thankyou all for caring so much i appreciate your support hugs kim l

Delphinia981
07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Kim, you poor poor thing...the fact that you are still standing is PROOF that you are an AMAZING, STRONG woman. You can't forget that! You are carrying a weight on your shoulders that rivals Atlas...and also carrying it in your heart, which makes it dually difficult. One day, all of this will be a bad dream...you can get there. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

mountaindreamer
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
oh kim,

i am so glad to hear that your husband's family is helping with everything. I wish i could wiggle my nose and all of your problems would disappear....i hope you are able to rest tonight, and that you have sweet dreams.

leaann
07-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Oh Kim, we all have are times when things are going rough. Please keep your head up even when it is very hard. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

much love your way

Patty13637
07-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Hugs Kim you really need them . Praying for a good outcome for you .

Patty

Lala
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
My heart just aches for what you are going through, so overwhelming I am sure. (((big HUGS))) Many prayers for you and your family.

Oluwa
07-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine

Kim... squeeze...tight hugs fill with love and empathy...Oluwa