PDA

View Full Version : hot face symptom?

AmyK
07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I have noticed for a couple months that when I exercise I become VERY hot my face becomes very red and sweaty where I just want to throw water on it to cool it down. I don't know if this is part of lupus or maybe something else.

I love running and have been running distances and want to do the Philadelphia Marathon in Nov. but lately my face has been getting so red/hot, and i feel out of breath after a short distance and this has been devestating emotionally for me. I I told my Dr and got a chest xray and echocardiogram and both were fine.

I am so new to this diagnosis and it really hit me out of what I thought was no where so I really don't know what could be a symptom.

mountaindreamer
07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
HI Amy K,

Lupus affects me in the same way. My face will get red and hot if i stay outside very long (even with protection). The heat is very intense. It often feels like there is a magnifying glass that is directing peircing heat at me. Also, shallow breathing is another common symptom.

so sorry that you are experiencing these new symptoms, but you may want to lower the intensity of your workout to hopefully avoid the hot face and shallow breathing

congrats on preparing for the marathon.....what a thrill.

SandyR
07-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm glad you posted this. I was going to start a similar thread and then saw yours. I noticed tonight that my cheeks have been feeling like they are on fire after just 5 minutes in direct sun. I thought it was just me. I know that when I am dancing, this also happens, but that is inside. Wish I had better info for you but I hope someone else will come along to shed better light.

AmyK
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the encouragement mountaindreamer! I am hoping I can do it!

I don't have the UV sensitivty but I do "feel" the heat and get drained more. Sandy, I too run on tredmills or go in the evening or early morning so it's not the light so much as my body acting weird haha I am sorry you're having the same problems too but I am glad that my question might help you out too!

Mellie
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Amy,

I am glad you posted that question. I never realized the correlation between the red hot face and exercize. I used to run, my face used to get so beat red and hot. It still does especially in the heat.

Taike care,

Melissa

Danica01
07-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Amy, I am so glad you brought this up!!!!! I get it too and I just figured it was part of the Lupus heat that we get.......is you have not experienced this yet, cross your fingers it doesn't happen! I have found myself with no clothes on in the morning with no recollection how they came off :-) I guess I just got so hot that I took them off without knowing it! I have a question for you, is yours just in your face?????? Mine actually will start in my ears and the tips of my ears will feel as if they are on fire and then it moves to my face :embarassed:

By the way, welcome to our family here and do not worry about being new to the diagnosis of Lupus. You are surrounded by so many loving people who will help guide you through all your questions. We will always be here to support you and all you decisions over time. Hang in there! The lost feeling and the hopeless feeling goes away and is replaced with a peacefulness and hope because of the support system you have. I am sending you gentle hugs and I hope you have a comfortable night :hug: