PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated

lagrace
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi guys, I need to vent. All day I have been feeling extremely tired, hands, fingers, elbows and wrists ache and I seem hypersensitive to touch. I feel like I am biting my kids head off and I do not like it. I am frustrated and anxious. I called my rhuematologist that I saw last week and described my symptoms to her and asked her if she could repeat the ANA tests and Lupus test (she did not do that before because my primary care did it. She said to wait for the appt in 6 weeks. I have an appt with a second opinion at the end of this month. I tried to get in sooner however no open appts. I am also very anemic and they are trying to bump up my iron. I felt frustrated because I felt today that I could not get out of my own way. It does not help that it has been raining.:hissyfit: Just have to wait it out I guess.
Thanks and talk to you later.
Lisa

widebody
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Lisa,
really sorry to hear you're having a down day. It's so frustrating to not be able to get in to see a doctor when you need to. I hope maybe you were able to find something quiet and low-stress to do today to get your mind off how you feel.

tomorrow's another day,
Brian

Pearl
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Sometimes this can be very frustrating. Anemia can make you tired, weak...when you are feeling like that, it is easy to snap at the kids, the dogs, your hubby. Try to get some rest. Plan an easy weekend if you can. Give yourself permission to let the laundry go for a night. (I know that's tough...I have four kids...grown now:)

Anyway, I hope you get some answers soon. In the meantime, take care of yourself and hang in there.

Jana

SandyR
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. The rain makes my joints extra achy too, especially my right elbow. Maybe you can try calling your doctor each day till your appointment to see if they have any cancellations to squeeze you in.
Sandy

Leksie
07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Lisa,

I hope you are feeling better, sometimes just venting can help. Just wanted to let you know we are all here with you and I hope the sun comes out soon in more ways than one. Keep ur head up :wave:

Natasha

Danica01
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Pearl is right, being anemic can intensify all of you symptoms and make them feel so much worse. My step-mom has Lupus and she battled anemia for years. They finally started her on some type of infusion to help with the anemia. It was a treatment every week and I think it last for a few months. That was over a year ago and she is no longer anemic and she said the difference in her pain and fatigue levels are like night and day! I really hope you feel better soon and I am so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. If you are feeling this bad and it just does not get better, you might want to call the second opinion doctors office every morning to see if they have had any cancellation and then try back again in the afternoon. The people answering the phones will get the picture after a few days and will hopefully call you if they can get you in sooner. It never hurts to try! I am sending you gentle hugs tonight and thoughts of a peaceful nights sleep with no pain :sleepy:

lagrace
07-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the support everyone. I am feeling better today. Not as tired. My joints still feel achy but it is not raining:cute: I am meeting my hubby in Boston to see the Tall Ships tonight with the kids. It should be fun! I will continue to call the doctor for an appt. Again thank you. All of you make me smile:yes:

Lisa

crmj1183
07-09-2009, 06:51 AM
lagrace,

Sorry yesterday was a bad day for you I hope today is, Im sure everything will work itself out with the doctors and your second opinion. Iknow how you feel it was a long road for me and my diagnosis too. Just hang in ther and it will get better. Hugs

Chriss

TobyJug
07-09-2009, 06:53 AM
keep your head up....

gentle hugs..
x

Saysusie
07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I hope the day with your husband and kids looking at the tall ships is an enjoyable one. So glad to hear that you are feeling better..have a wonderful day!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Delphinia981
07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Glad to see you having a better day...just remember, it will always pass in time!!