PDA

View Full Version : ANA Panel and "Selected Antigens"

catownsley
07-07-2009, 05:36 PM
What I'm hoping that someone can answer is, "What are the 'Selected Antigens' that are included in the ANA panel?" All of the antigens that I've seen on these forums are listed separately in the lab reports including: hep2 cells, ENA(RNP/E/Smith), SSA, SSB, and then all the Lupus Anticoagulants.

The 'Selected Antigens,' which is just one line item with the the generic selected antigens title, on my ANA Panel results have a normal range of 1-10 and mine is at 18.

Monique89
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey there,
Honestly, i dont know what 'selected antigens' are...my lab reports all have them listed separately as you said...SSA, SSB etc etc...
Hope someone else can help you out!!

Oluwa
07-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Hey Catownsley...

I believe it would be based on the brand name of the test they use at the lab you doctor orders your lab work from...and too, how he has written those orders.

But you can go do different labs that your insurance covers and not the one your doctor recommends....

Example of a brand name test...

The EliA™ System covers..
highly purified SmD protein
human recombinant U1RNP (mixture of recombinant RNP70, A, C)
human recombinant RNP70
human recombinant Ro (52, 60kDa)
human recombinant La
human recombinant Scl-70
human recombinant CENP-B
human recombinant Jo-

This particular Brand tests for the following...

Sm - SLE
U1RNP - MCTD, SLE
RNP70 - MCTD, SLE
SS-A/Ro - Sjögren’s syndrome, SLE
SS-B/La - Sjögren’s syndrome, SLE
Scl-70 - Systemic sclerosis
CENP - Limited systemic sclerosis (CREST), Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)
Jo-1 - Poly-/dermatomyositis

Keep looking for your wellness...hugs,
Love,
Oluwa

catownsley
07-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I was able to find several of the antigens that you listed, Oluwa. They all seemed to have the 1-10 normal range, so I think that they fit the bill. But since they're globbed into one score, I'm still not sure what my report means. I'll find out more on Friday and post here.