PDA

View Full Version : Hello all recent newbies

Angel Oliver
07-07-2009, 05:39 AM
I just want to say hello and welcome properly to all the recent newbies who have joined us.
I have not really been posting as much lately and feel a little rude.Ive been feeling so exhausted and on so many pills i feel less able to concentrate and totally in exhaust mode! Also i recently had a jaw op and then 2 more teeth pulled n sexy swollen legs n elbows corrrrrrrrrr lol. So have head throb too.
Hope you all are settling in ok as we have such lovely caring members here who are so knowledgeable and have gone through the unimaginable so everyone will always be here and help you and support you.
I was diagnosed with Lupus at Christmas to then be told its not but its Chronic fatigue syndrome (M.E).Also i have IBS,Asthma,(had a P.E)Acid Reflux,Insomnia,depression ,anxiety and recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.Had lock jaw 3 times at christmas n lost a tooth n cracked another 2 and was in hospital so missed christams. (recently has the jaw manipulated n injections in jaw joints n 2 more teeth pulled out)Yet again,they now say privately to me i have all the symptoms of Lupus,but because i dont fit the criteria,can not be given this name.They are checking my bloods every 6 weeks just in case it is for sure,but the frustration of once being an active boogie queen n karaoke queen,white water rafting and travelling the world having the time of my life......to being swollen,sometimes unable to breath,so difficult to get out of bed if i have not slept and had to give up work and im 39.....oh my....i feel life has stopped yet the world continues to turn for others.Friends have gone and family doesnt understand,telling me im lazy....benefits system are so horrible to deal with and i have panic attacks....oh n hairloss.....oh what a catch i am :)
So this is me and i know others will identify with my story so far.

So hang in there,you've found a great safe haven and everyone here will always be there for you no matter what.Welcome newbies!!

lots of love n ailments :)
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx

(P.S My beloved Daisy,my dog passed away 25 feb 09 also which has hit me hard too...divorce came through on the same day).x

gina
07-07-2009, 06:55 AM
That was a great post. You hit the nail on the head about this site, and the people.

I also would like to welcome all the newcomers i just join in jan. 09 so i am still new to the site.

I love all the people on this site and have made cyber friends which is great.

Angel Oliver
07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
:musik05::welcome::You_Rock_Emoticon::usa2:

Danica01
07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
My love.....you are amazing and I am so proud that you have become my friend. I am sorry you have been having a rough time with everything. I am thinking of you and sending you gentle hugs. :hug: Gets some rest so that you can feel the best you can feel :angelic:

lucky7
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
You KNOW I LOVE YOU Amanda and i am SO SORRY for what you are dealing with my friend:no: I so WISH i could change things for you but since i cant then i hope my ears listening and my mouth chatting away can help you through those moments of need:cute: YOu are BEAUTIFUL!

I too want to say WELCOME to all NEWBIES as well!!! Ive been a little down and out for a bit now so i havent been on as much and i havent responded to as many posts and threads. I LOVE everyone here, they are a GREAT second family and im glad you are joining it!!!:yes:

lucky7
07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
hi amanda this is jake again! I just wanted to tell you that i saw a comercial on tv about ghost hunters!!!!!!!!!! The commercial said that you could watch it on fox.com!!!!!!!!!!! i am definately planning to check that out as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill tell you about it later after ive checked it out!!!!!!!!!!!!:) lots of love, Jake:banana: this pic is sooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Oliver
08-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Just thought id bring this to the front for all the newbies to welcome you in case ive not said hi n tell you about me.xxxxxxxxxxxxxme me me.xxxx

abbasgirl
08-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh Amanda...I'm so sorry you're going through all of that. How awful for you. ((((((Hugs))))))

Hello and welcome to all newbies from me also. I've been yo yo-ing back and forth. I'm keeping up best I can but have been spending a lot of time in bed. Amanda described this place to a T. I always leave here feeling better ... you all do such a great job at support....that includes you, our sweet Amanda.

Angel Oliver
08-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Ahh thanks so much and so do you my friend allot.:yes:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

snewberry
08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Angel Oliver
08-10-2009, 03:04 PM
You are very welcome.You settling in ok finding your way round?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jewelz
08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I just wanted to say HELLO also! I've found everyone here very welcoming and informative.

It is too sad that some of our friends and some family just don't understand. I'm sure we can all relate to that... especially the friends part. I get emails every now and then from the friends who "dropped me" wanting to know if I'm over this or well yet.... I suppose if I was better they'd come back around.

Like you, Angel, I was once a very active person. Newly married with a wonderful career. Thank you Lord for giving me the wonderful man I married cuz the career and many friends are gone and he is my rock.

Enough of the sadness! :yes: This is a great place and I'm so happy to have found such a wonderful group! Can't wait to get to know you better!

Hugs
Jewelz

Angel Oliver
08-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh so lovely.....im so happy you married a great guy.Sending you gentle hugs and so glad you found us...we understand totally.

Love n hugs
Amanda.xxxxxx

restep
08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Angel Oliver
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
You are welcome always.xxxxxxxxx

jcg196
08-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks again for the welcome u are awesome and very sweet. I did not know u were divorced or that u lost your dog I am sooo sorry. Better days r ahead for u. xoxoxo neL:yes:

Angel Oliver
08-18-2009, 04:01 AM
Thanks so much.Yes better days ahead for all of us.Trick is...keep fighting and know you are not alone.

love Amanda.xxxxx

mountaindreamer
08-18-2009, 05:26 AM
hi everyone, i just wanted to join angel in welcoming all new members. I (once again) have missed this thread and just found it. So, please know that i am so happy to have so many new friends, and i hope each and every one of you will find the peace here that floats around the world and touches so many lives.

ButterflyRN
08-18-2009, 07:08 AM
I am late to this thread too! Hello all newbies! You will find so many wonderful people on this site! We are one big happy lupus family!!!

bunnie
08-21-2009, 08:16 AM
This site is amazing to me. I'm actually here more than I am on FB! I didn't think that could happen... LOL
Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to getting to know y'all.
Deb

Angel Oliver
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
This is a post for all the newbies.I know im a bit slow lately on posting so ''HELLO' from me.I hope you are all finding your way round ok.Any problems post here and one of the members will help you around the site if you want some help.

love Amanda.xx