PDA

View Full Version : update on husband

kim,l
07-06-2009, 05:33 AM
stephen is out of hospital but he is very unwell extemely tired and exhausted still having trouble breathing his heart is not good has been placed on special medication to keep his heart from racing doctors told me he is lucky to be alive as he was close to death twice in the last fortnight they had to inject medication straight into his heart to stop heart failure he has fluid around his heart and his memory has been permanently affected he is constantly repeating himself he will require more test and they believe he has blocked arteries and will also require pacemaker i find myself listening to him breathing i have become so frightened he has lost so much weight and is so fatigued. as well my daughter sarah is still seriously ill with swine flu she has been rushed to hospital 3 times this week she has not been able to eat or drink without throwing up. my youngest daughter mikaela also has been very ill with the flu and it is worrying because she has epilepsy and when she gets temperatures she will fit . so sleeping is not something i do much of these days i must admit i so very tired and in lots of pain my recent bloodtests confirmed that my body is highly inflamed and i am flaring up my blood pressure high that is combination of prednisone and stress i feel so depressed and at my wits end i would just like to spend a couple of days in bed just to rest but i know this is impossible it is very hard to stay strong i try not to cry as i do not want to upset stephen but sometimes i just want to scream. i would like to thank all of you for your support during this time it has kept me going knowing i have such good friends to talk to otherwise i feel i would be in a bad place well thankyou for listening bye for now kim l

Ang123
07-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Hi Kim - I am new to the board but just wanted to say I'll be praying for you and your family!!! You sound like an amazingly strong woman - you are dealing with so much right now but are still being there for your family when you need help too. Try to rest any moment you possibly can! Will be thinking of you.

Ang

debbie-b
07-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Dear Kim,

You don't seem to get a break. I am glad, that things are better for your husband, but it doesn't sound to me that he should have been released from the hospital. And with your daughters being so sick and you are far from being well yourself. How are you handling all this, do you have help? I am praying that things will get better for you very soon.

Debbie

Delphinia981
07-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh Kim...my heart aches for you and your family. What a terrible ordeal to have to go through! I've been praying for Stephen, but am praying for Sarah as well. May the Lord Bless and Keep you...you can get through this...all of you!

crmj1183
07-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Kim,***** We never talked but, my prayers go out to you and your family. Especially Stephen, may God bless you all. I know its hard but it sounds like you are maintaining and thats very good. Stay strong. Remember: God never gives us more than we can handle. Stephen sounds like a fighter and you're definintely a fighter. Thats a perfect combination..... Hugs and smiles
Try and get some rest, I hope you have a better week
Chriss

abbasgirl
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Kim. Thanks for keeping us updated on you all. It must take a lot just to come and type a message to us. There are dry shoulders here for you anytime you need them sweetie.

I will also continue to pray for Stephen, you, and Sarah... and adding Mikaela. ((((Hugs))))

Bonita
07-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Kim i am so sorry for all that your family is going through. Somewhere in our resources as wife and mother we rally around our families even when we are ill ourselves. I also will say a prayer for you and your family so hang in there and know that others care about what you are going through. Love bonita

magistramarla
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Kim,
Thank you for updating us, sweetie. I've been wondering about you and your family. I'm glad that Stephen is home with you, but like someone else, I wonder if it may be too much for you to try to take care of them all right now. Is there any kind of Home Health service where you live that might help you, or even a church group that might send someone to give you some relief time?
Take care of yourself, and do what your doc says. You are right - you need some me-time in bed for yourself!
We're all here for you, and we're all concerned about your family. I hope that all of you start feeling better very soon.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
07-06-2009, 04:47 PM
hi kim,

you are definitely a member with needs for friends right now, and we are all here for you. You know how very sorry we all are for you and Stephen and your girls....i just can't imagine how you are handling everything.

Like Marla, i encourage you to accept help with all of this. I do not know where you live, but i have a couple of ideas for finding help. If there is a local Lupus Foundation in your area, maybe a call to them would result in someone to sit with your family for a couple of days so that you could sleep. Also, maybe a call to your rheumatologist or even Stephen's dr. could result in some help. I know that both of these ideas mean that you have one more thing to do, and you do not have an extra minute, but i really think that it is time for you to get some relief. I would like to volunteer to take on this "search for relief" task for you. If interested, send me a pm, and we will discuss specifics.

I promise not to lecture any more, just know i am here for whatever you need whenever you need it. I know what it is to just "buckle down" and do whatever you have to in order to care for a loved one....

SandyR
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Dear God,
Please look over Kim and her family, especially her husband Stephen and her daughters Sarah and Mikaela, and keep them safe in your loving arms as they take strength and power from you to heal. Please help Kim and her family to achieve a healthy state of body and mind so that they can continue to do as you have planned for them.
Amen.

Dear Kim, I will be praying for your family. I hope the tides turn for you soon.

Danica01
07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Kim,

I am so sorry you have been having such a rough time. Life is not giving you a break at all. Thanks for updating us and please know that you are in our hearts and thoughts at all time. Hold your head high and try to sneak a little rest when you can. Keep talking to us and we are all here for you! You mean so much to us and when you are hurting, we are all hurting. Tonight I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of a peaceful night :hug:

Love,

Danica

lucky7
07-07-2009, 04:10 PM
So sorry for your pain. I am sending you HUGS and im thinking about you and your family. Please take care of yourself and the best of luck through it all. XXXXXXXXXXXX