PDA

View Full Version : Garlic, Garlic, Garlic!!!

crmj1183
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Im trying to lower my blood pressure and Ive been chopping up garlic and eating it, how much garlic should eat??? 1 clove or 2?? Or......??? Someone please help:hissyfit:

Chriss,:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

mountaindreamer
07-06-2009, 05:14 AM
hi Chriss,

i don't have answers to your question, i know someone will be along who can help with this. I just want to say good morning, hope you have a great Monday.

Angel Oliver
07-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Im also not too sure how much.I know you can take garlic capsules from a herbal shop as it also helps thin the blood too.Yesterday i made new potatoes with garlic n parsley inside with a touch of cheese.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh can you smell me :)
After i had a Pulmonary Embolism and after i finished the warfarin,the doc told me to continue eating a little garlic every day as it would help thin my blood.So,i just have a little every now n then.
So my advice, check with a herbal shop as they sell em and will advise you how it can help with blood pressure too.
Lots of love
Amanda.x

crmj1183
07-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks Ladies,

I figure if a eat a little a day it should help out. I was just wondering if it is a standard amount to take. Angeloliver, those garlic roasted cheese potatoes sure sound good, MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm- La-licious. Not delicious but La- licious, la- licious is better than delicious, lol.
Anyway you ladies have a great Monday as well.

Chriss

magistramarla
07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't have a blood pressure problem, but I cook with garlic nearly every day. A connection, perhaps? Yesterday, I made the Dean family recipe for my son and husband - Flank steak with a mushroom, garlic and onion sauce served with garlic mashed potatoes.
Marla

iseedeadmonkeys
07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Well i would of thought one tablet a day, u can get odourless ones from the pharmacy now, i know my mum takes them, not sure on the dose of them though.

ISDM

Danica01
07-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I have a HUGE blood pressure problem and I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. I eventually just had to go on blood pressure medicine. It was just too high for a little person like me. I have been on blood pressure medicine now for almost 3 years and I am happy to report that as long as I stay on it, my blood pressure is as normal as it should be!!!!!! Good luck and really do hope the garlic helps! Keep me posted on how it goes!!!! I am sending you hugs and thoughts of low blood pressure tonight :hug:

SandyR
07-06-2009, 06:27 PM
mmmmm...I just LOVE garlic! I also use it several times a week. My blood pressure has always been around 110/70 so maybe I have been helping myself out all along and not knowing it! :laugh:

Monique89
07-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I love garlic tooo!! I had Indian for dinner sunday night and the Garlic Naan was soooooo good! LOL!!
Im not too sure about using it for blood pressure though sorry!!

Spanglishqueen
07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
One of our family friends eats one garlic clove a day and is healthy as a horse. I personaly will not eat the clove so I have bought seasonings for food that are mostly garlic or lemon and minced garlic which I mix with vinegar and olive oil for dressings. I want my garlic but I can't see myself eating the clove.:no::cute:

crmj1183
07-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Im also on blood pressure medication but because of the lupus nephritis right now, it has my blood pressure elevated, so Im trying to do garlic too. Spanglishqueen, Ive been doing a clove a day so far so hopefully that works. I eat so much garkic that I smell like it now. Im always smelling stuff like whats that smell?? Oh, its me, lol. Danica, thanx for putting me in your thoughts I need it. Thanks for advice guys

Chriss

Danica01
07-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I love the smell of garlic so to me you would smell sooooooooooooooo good!!!!!! :-)

crmj1183
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
I know and since ive been eating it, its coming through my pores:laugh:. I love it though.

Chriss