PDA

View Full Version : Ive been away and now Im back. Yea its a lame title but im tired.

NoodleMom
07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone It is so good to be back. I am so excited to share with you about my time away.
Lots of things have come about. I am feeling stronger emotionally and physically. I am enjoying things in my life that b/4 I was barely tolerating.
I was matched up with a very special lady at my daughters church who just came along side of me and really helped me to focus. She was Jesus with skin to me. My Titus2 lady. I was so blessed by her, she really helped me to find peace, direction and strength. I truly believe that she was placed in my life at this exact time. It was a divine appointment.

I learned so much about myself...did you know that I truly am beautiful? Yup I am a beloved child of God and I am beautiful both inside (which is really most important) and out (which is nice ) I have such issues with self confidence. I discovered that I really didnt have any in myself. I wasnt pretty so why try anything different? I asked my daughter to help me make choices and I bought all new make up and a skirt and some really cute shoes.

I never really had any hobbies of my own. Nothing that was just mine. I was remaking a teddybear for my younger daughter and came to realize that I like to sew. I had done it off and on thru the years but it had been a chore and when I came on something that was hard to do I wouldnt ever do it again because it was just too hard. I put together this new bear without a pattern (lindsay drew one by using the pieces from the old ratty bear. I had some trials and errors but I persevered and guess what I finished that bear and have gone on to a second bear. I have been encouraged to sell my bears. Aackk! Can I really do this? Well I believe so. I am starting a little boutique named in honor of my sweet beanie. Her name was Hayley. It is time that her name should go public. My little shoppe, if you will is called Hayley's Treasures. We are starting a website www.hayleystreasures.com (http://www.hayleystreasures.com/).

I am going to have my HubbyMan teach me how to put pics on the computer so I can show you what I have made and some of the other items I am thinking of adding. I CAN learn how to do this. I AM smart enuf and I AM capable.

My specialty will be teddybears. I am brainstorming about a line however my true passion with the bears is the Memory Bear. This bear will be for those who have experienced a loss. A loss of a preborn, stillborn, newborn, infant, toddler or older child.
This bear is special in that the customer would provide articles of clothing or a baby blanket or any number of ideas for me to incorporate into the Memory Bear. I will make one of my own out of Hayley's clothes.
I will not be adding the MemoryBear immediately.

That is just a glimpse of how my time away has been. I will share more as I can.
I am going to post in WAHM and in Swap and shop. I am so exited. I am brainstorming so if you have any ideas please share them.

Kasey

SandyR
07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Kasey, we never met but I wanted to tell you that your new project sounds exciting and I wish you much success! I love what you said about the church lady being Jesus with clothes to you. It sounds like your bears are going to be a little piece of Jesus with fur to a lot of other people.
Sandy

red246
07-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Kasey,

Isn't it amazing how God puts people in our lives at exactly the right moment? Just when you think you can take no more or have come down to wire? WHAM! Our timing means nothing, God's is everything. Our whole family recently really learned this and what a blessing it was!

I love the Memory Bear idea! Will you please let me know when you do start doing them? I have my sweet William's things packed away where they are never even seen. I would love to have something like that done with them.

Oluwa
07-04-2009, 04:59 AM
Look at you Kasey...I feel wonderful with how well, great you have been...head hugs.

www.etsy.com It (http://www.etsy.com....here) is site where you can also sell handmade items and buy too. Check it out. Supposedly a hot spot on the Net to sell, sell , sell...

Happy 4th..

Love and hugs,
Oluwa

crmj1183
07-04-2009, 05:25 AM
I think your idea is great and you sound very happy. I look forward to viewing your website. Goodluck.

Spanglishqueen
07-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Great that your back !!! I'm happy you have found peace, strength and direction. I am glad you found a new hobby your passionate about and I wish you all the success in the world. :hug:

ButterflyRN
07-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Glad to hear things are going so well for you! Good luck with the Bears and look forward to seeing your creations!!!

noelg
07-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Dear Kasey; I have tears and goose bumps as I read about your memory bears project; this is such a beautiful idea. I wish you a long and happy journey. I know you will bring peace and new found joy to many including yourself that is well deserved.

Angel Oliver
07-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh Kasey,

We missed you.I am so glad you are doing this new project its a fab idea.I just peeked at your site...so exciting..'coming soon' carnt wait till your up n running so i can look again.

You take care n so glad you are back.
lots of love
Amandaxxxx

Rastagirl
07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Kasey....

So very glad to hear your happy news....all of it! :veryhappy:

You brought tears to my eyes as I read of how you've been spending your time....the things that have happened in your life...the direction you are taking.

What an absolutely wonderful idea with the bears....I know someone who sells their crafts on that "Etsy" site that Oluwa mentioned....and she does very, very well selling there.

Good luck to you with your creative endeavor....can't wait to see your lovely creations.

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

Danica01
07-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Kasey, it is so good to here from you and to see what an amazing job you are doing. I opened the link and I think you have a great start page :arms: The first step is always the hardest, deciding to start your own business but I think with all the worries there will be more rewards. You will be a part of something thatmeans somuch to your heart and soul and in return it will mean so muvh to all of us!

Our angels find us in the strangest way and there are times we don't think we need them and poof, there they are. After that we realize just how much my life needs an angel. I am so happy you found yours and I hope you enjoy all the time you spend together :veryhappy:

You get lots of rest and I can not wait for pictures to be posted. I actually need to sit down and post someon my page. Sleep well. I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of great ideas for your business :hugs:

NoodleMom
07-08-2009, 02:58 AM
thank you everyone for the support and encouragement. It means so much to me. I have posted pics of my first two bears in the thread "My Bears" Please go take a peek and give me some feedback.

K