PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Im so tired and worn out and Im supposed to be going camping with my family this weekend. There's going to be alot of hiking involved. Im afraid I'll like pass out or something while we're out in the middle of nowhere. I really wanna go. Any thoughts?

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Go and enjoy yourself but know your limits. A GREAT time can be had tending the campfire and reading a book.

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 01:34 PM
I just dont want to be left behind by myself if Im not feeling good

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Also when knowing your limits make sure your family knows how your feeling so they can all try to do activities that everyone can enjoy on the trip. Keep the spirits up

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I've just felt so crappy for the past few weeks. I dont want to be the one who makes everyone sit around doing nothing just becuz I dont feel up to it

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
The best part about getting out there is that you are out in the open and with the people you love. Sometimes I feel completely crappy and don't want to do anything and then I push myself to do it and end up feeling glad I did it, but I understand my limits and I explain to my husband and friends what my limits are and they are able to determine how much time to spend with me and have fun while they still do their own thing. This weekend I had to blow off 2 parties because I'm sick but my husband is still going to attend for a while and then come back and spend time with me while I watch the Ice age movies on Demand :)

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Lol I used to be able to go hiking and swimming all day. but right now Im not so sure how long I would last out there

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL I love it when my member rating goes up. I just went from Big Hamster to Ferret as I was talking to you. Hahaha

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah I remeber the good ole days to when I didn't have to stop and rest after going up a set of stairs. But it is as it is and I can either accept it or confront it. I choose to confront, I am making myself get out there and not let life pass me by although some days I have to sleep off all the fun I had HAHAHA

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Lol me too. I was a big guppy last night and now Im a goldfish! lol :laugh:

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Lol I've been getting out a bit too much lately when I probably should have been sleeping all week

Oluwa
07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Ritzbit...

Start resting up now, to bank your energy for the weekend. During your outing, take breaks...rest, sleep 7 -8 hours...stretch...eat well, try to stay off the junk and sodas. Junk causes more fatigue...

Bring high protein snacks...H2O.

Where comfortable shoes...dress in layers...

Slather the sunblock on...

Have fun....

Are you afraid to be alone because you feel you make get sicker...or of the quietness, strangers or just not very good at keeping yourself company...

And if, a big if..if you find yourself too fatigued bring books, playing card, MP3...and things to do while they hike. No one has to stop having fun because we get ill.

And if feeling better while they are gone..is there swimming? Gather wood...walk about the area. Start dinner...and there is tomorrow to start again to hike and etc with the family...

Or before hiking, is it a known trail...if so, as a family plan rest stops with snacks along the way or to stop and take pictures...

Love,
Oluwa

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I luv your brain Oluwa always a Gal with a masterplan

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Ritzbit...

Start resting up now, to bank your energy for the weekend. During your outing, take breaks...rest, sleep 7 -8 hours...stretch...eat well, try to stay off the junk and sodas. Junk causes more fatigue...

Bring high protein snacks...H2O.

Where comfortable shoes...dress in layers...

Slather the sunblock on...

Have fun....

Are you afraid to be alone because you feel you make get sicker...or of the quietness, strangers or just not very good at keeping yourself company...

And if, a big if..if you find yourself too fatigued bring books, playing card, MP3...and things to do while they hike. No one has to stop having fun because we get ill.

And if feeling better while they are gone..is there swimming? Gather wood...walk about the area. Start dinner...and there is tomorrow to start again to hike and etc with the family...

Or before hiking, is it a known trail...if so, as a family plan rest stops with snacks along the way or to stop and take pictures...

Love,
Oluwa

Im going to try to get plenty of rest but were leaving the day after 4th of July so I dont know how late we'll be out with fireworks and stuff. I've been getting dizzy lately so Im just afraid I'll finally just pass out while we're on a trail.

I dont like being by myself out in the woods. It makes me nervous like some psycho is gunna get me lol

I plan on bringing plenty of things to keep myself entertained incase I cant do much.

We'll probably be swimming at some point but Im not really sure.

My dads probably the only one who knows his way around where we'll be at lol

abbasgirl
07-02-2009, 02:26 PM
ritzbit...you've gotten some great advice. I just wanted to say I hope and pray you have a great time. Fill us in when you get back, okay? Maybe put up some pictures to share?

(((hugs)))

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you and I'll definately be taking someones camera with me and taking pictures =) Cumberland Falls is so pretty